NFL Weekly Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    I'll have scores up by tomorrow.

I've been talking to the mods about some possible awards for this...but we'll see!
  2. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Here's the slate. My picks will be up later.

Away Home

Baltimore at Cincinnati

Arizona at St. Louis

Atlanta at Washington

Detroit at New England

Indianapolis at Tennessee

Kansas City at Cleveland

Minnesota at Chicago

N.Y. Jets at Green Bay

San Diego at Buffalo

San Francisco at New Orleans

Houston at Oakland

Jacksonville at Miami

Dallas at N.Y. Giants

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh

Seattle at Denver

Carolina at Philadelphia

Picks must be in by game time on Thursday.
  3. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    my picks in bold:

Baltimore at Cincinnati - Cincinnati looks like they're on the rise and McNair hasn't thrown an INT in his last two games... meaning he's due for a 3 INT game. :p

Arizona at St. Louis - biased pick

Atlanta at Washington - Washington can't beat two good teams two weeks in a row... can't happen

Detroit at New England - 8-3 New England at home against a 2-9 Detroit team=easiest pick of the week.

Indianapolis at Tennessee - Vince Young looked good last week, and against this defense he'll probably look good again... but I don't think the Titans have it in them to outscore Indy

Kansas City at Cleveland - Trent Green has played horrible since he's come back... but LJ should tear up the NFL's 25th ranked rushing defense

Minnesota at Chicago - I hate both teams... but Chicago's clearly the best team in the NFC at this point

N.Y. Jets at Green Bay - another biased pick

San Diego at Buffalo - LT has scored 4 TD's in a game 3 times already this season. If he can do that in this game he'll tie Shaun Alexander's NFL record for most TD's scored in a season... and LT will still have four games after that to break it. :p

San Francisco at New Orleans - The Niners had a nice little run to get to .500 earlier in the season but that's done with. Drew Brees will have another big passing day.

Houston at Oakland - Two crappy teams... so I went with the home team

Jacksonville at Miami - Miami's won four in a row including wins over Chicago and Kansas City... I'll take the hot home team in this matchup.

Dallas at N.Y. Giants - Manning hasn't had a good game since week 5... that means he's due for one right? right?

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh - same as "Houston at Oakland"

Seattle at Denver - Welcome to the NFL Cutler... you're probably gonna suck in your first game

Carolina at Philadelphia - Jeff Garcia... lol
  4. DarthIntegral JC TV/Movie Draft Commish/SFTC Tiemaster

star 8
    Baltimore at Cincinnati

While I'll be cheering for implosion, I think McNair is still due to show us he's the feeble, injured, past-his-prime quarterback I think him to be. (I don't let go of preseason predictions easily). I think this is the start of his decline (Been saying that for about 4 months now)

Arizona at St. Louis

I haven't picked the Cards to win since they blew that game against Chicago.

Atlanta at Washington

Michael Jekyl and Mr. Vick ... it's about time for the good guy to show up again.

Detroit at New England

It's as easy as a look at the front offices

When's the last time Peyton Manning lost an in-division game? three years ago?

Kansas City at Cleveland

Poor offense, possible lame duch coach, team fighting for a playoff spot. yeah, Cleveland really has a chance

Minnesota at Chicago

i still don't trust Rex Grossman

N.Y. Jets at Green Bay

The real question is: will Favre throw more TDs that result in points for the Pack or for the Jets?

San Diego at Buffalo

LT. Nuff said

team on the rise in San Fransisco, and an up-and-down team in New Orleans.

Houston at Oakland

Still haven't picked Oakland to win all year

Jacksonville at Miami

Joey Harrington against a pretty good defense? Thans.

Dallas at N.Y. Giants

Reeling team vs. hottest QB in the league.

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh

Still not mathematically eliminated, still can repeat.

Seattle at Denver

Jay Cutler is not ready for primetime

Carolina at Philadelphia

I'd never pick Andy Reid in a big game. This isn't a big game, but I still wouldn't pick Andy Reid.
  5. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Baltimore at Cincinnati
    --Palmer will be frustrated, and his on-again, off-again season will hit another bump.

Arizona at St. Louis
    --Leinart will throw for a lot, Bulger will top 350 on turf.

Atlanta at Washington
    --Washington defense on the way up, Vick far too reckless. Don't be surprised if Mora plays Schaub for a substantial part of this game.

Detroit at New England
    --What AJ said.

--This game will be close, as was their meeting at the RCA. Indy wins by a late TD.

Kansas City at Cleveland
    --Cleveland is in disarray, and to boot, they're terrible.

Minnesota at Chicago
    --This won't be close at all.

N.Y. Jets at Green Bay
    --Jets win by two touchdowns, Pennington shreds unreliable Packers secondary. Big day for Jericho Cotchery.

San Diego at Buffalo
    --This will be the upset of the week--Chargers always have a hard time playing on the East Coast, and it will be cold, something they're not used to. LT will get his, but Jauron has his boys playing very hard, and Buffalo is one of the NFL's more explosive teams. Lindell wins it with a few seconds left for the Bills.

--Will be close, as Brees goes over 400 again, but Niners will make mistakes when they try to throw to catch up.

Houston at Oakland
    --Letdown week for Oakland after impressive showing, look for Mario Williams to have his first real big day as a pro.

Jacksonville at Miami
    --Fins are the hottest team in football not located in Dallas, period. Jacksonville blows on the road.

Dallas at N.Y. Giants
    --This game will not be close, Dallas by at least 2 touchdowns. Julius Jones, not Tony Romo, will be the stud of this one.

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
    --"Big day" (in his standards) for Gradkowski against Polamalu-less secondary. Good luck on the rest of the season, Steelers.

Seattle at Denver
    --Tatum Bell returns, Cutler throws the ball under 15 times, Seattle defense is very disappointing. Denver by 7.

Carolina at Philadelphia
    --Carolina will FIND a way to blow a lead, and Garcia should be OK if he stays away from Richard Marshall. Carolina by a touchdown in Philly, where the fans will boo Andy Reid relentlessly at the end.

That's how I see them.
  6. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    oct. 24th, 2004 ;)

that's still a long time though. :p
  7. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    I'm going to add my NFL picks, even though I didn't last week...

WEEK 13

Thursday, Nov. 30
    Baltimore at Cincinnati

Sunday, Dec. 3
    Arizona at St. Louis
    Atlanta at Washington
    Detroit at New England
    Kansas City at Cleveland
    Minnesota at Chicago
    N.Y. Jets at Green Bay
    San Diego at Buffalo
    Houston at Oakland
    Jacksonville at Miami
    Dallas at N.Y. Giants
    Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
    Seattle at Denver

Monday, Dec. 4
    Carolina at Philadelphia
  8. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    yay! I love y...

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU :(
  9. New_York_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Away Home

Baltimore at Cincinnati
    I don't know, this one is close. I like the Raven's D and a semi-resurgent Jamal Lewis over the Bengals- aren't one of them due to be arrested anyways?

Arizona at St. Louis
    St. Louis hasn't been doing great lately, but they are certainly better than Zona.

Atlanta at Washington
    Washington is pretty bad. Vick probably won't have a good passing game, but Atlanta will rumble to the win.

Detroit at New England
    The Lions AT New England? One of the easiest ones of the week.

Next

Kansas City at Cleveland
    The browns may play them close, but LJ and company will rumble to the win.

Minnesota at Chicago
    Minnesota has been mad slumping since the Pats broke them on MNF. They just let the cards carve them up. I'll take Chicago at home over them any time.

N.Y. Jets at Green Bay
    I'll take Farve at home in this one.

San Diego at Buffalo
    Buffalo has been exceeding expectations, but Rivers-gates-MVP LT are too much.

America's Team does their thing. Brees breaks 300 again; Bush does nothing

Houston at Oakland

In an incredible battle of mediocricity, I'll take the Raiders at home. But I'm not happy. can both teams lose?

Jacksonville at Miami
    Miami has rattled off a 4 game win streak to claw back to 5-6. I'll take them at home to move to .500

Dallas at N.Y. Giants
    Dallas and Romo are the best team in the NFC right now, regardless of the Bears slightly better record. Eli is falling apart, I won't bet on him.

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
    Tampa is pretty bad, so steelers at home it is

Seattle at Denver
    I don't like taking rookie QBs in their first start with a sporadic run game and only one good reciever.

Carolina at Philadelphia

Unless Westbrook goes wild, I can't see Philly taking this.
  10. Juliet316 SFTC Bonanza Winner

star 9
    Baltimore at Cincinnati

McNair/Ray Lewis have momentum on their side right now.

Arizona at St. Louis

St. Louis is the better team.

Atlanta at Washington

Completely totally biased, plus Vick made me disgusted that he was a hometown boy last week, so I'm going to be rooting for him to be booed out of the building.

Detroit at New England

It's at New England. Against the Lions. Enough sad.

Never bet against Indy in the regular season.

Kansas City at Cleveland

KC is on a roll right now.

Minnesota at Chicago

N.Y. Jets at Green Bay

My heart doesn't want to bet against Brett.

San Diego at Buffalo

Hopefully they'll be able to carry over their Atlanta win to San Fran.

Houston at Oakland

Rooting against the Raiders is fun.

Jacksonville at Miami

Like somebody else said, Miami always seems to go on a winning streak this time of year.

Dallas at N.Y. Giants

This pains me. It really does, but the sad fact is Romo is on a roll and the Cowboys are on a hot streak right now. Plus T.O's kept his trap shut where the Giants are all flapping theirs. Dallas' realive team unity over NY's fraying one.

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh

Tampa is also one of those teams that does not do well in cold weather.

Seattle at Denver

Bad time to change QB's, especially when Seattle's getting their stars back.

Carolina at Philadelphia

Philly's in disarry right now and Carolina's going to be hungry to avenge their loss at the Skins (:D ) hands last Sunday.
  11. JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My Picks:

Baltimore at Cincinnati
    Arizona at St. Louis
    Atlanta at Washington
    Detroit at New England
    Kansas City at Cleveland
    Minnesota at Chicago
    N.Y. Jets at Green Bay
    San Diego at Buffalo
    Houston at Oakland
    Jacksonville at Miami
    Dallas at N.Y. Giants
    Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
    Seattle at Denver
    Carolina at Philadelphia
  12. solojones Force Ghost

star 9
    I didn't pick last week, unfortunately, but I'm going to pick this week anyway.

Baltimore at Cincinnati
    I think it could be close, but since I desperately want Cincy to lose, I'll go ahead and see if my wishing Baltimore to win helps :p

Arizona at St. Louis
    As much as I think the Cards are due for a win sometime soon, and as much as in-state rivalry compells me to dislike St. Louis, I think the Rams will win.

Atlanta at Washington
    I can't stand Vick, and he could screw this one up. But Washington is the proverbial bad team who shouldn't get another win right now.

Detroit at New England
    Uh... yeah.

Of course it kills me to pick the team of He Who Shall Not Be Named, but I have to. Indy is clearly the better team and it's a division rivalry.

Kansas City at Cleveland
    The fact that everyone picked us makes me nervous. I know we should win, that Cleveland sucks, but weird things happen and I'm nervous going into any game. But we're sure as heck better win.

Minnesota at Chicago
    I think by now people realise the Bears aren't as amazing as some thought at the beginning of the season, but I'd still give them this one.

N.Y. Jets at Green Bay
    Every time Favre plays, it makes me hurt inside, feel sorry for him, and wish he had retired.

San Diego at Buffalo
    Another one where, though I'd like them to lose, I don't think they will.

This one was probably my hardest pick. I'm really unsure. SF has looked better recently, but is it just because they've been playing their own division, the worst division in football? I think so. The fact that they had to play the AFC West (the best division) this year will probably kill their playoff hopes, as KC and SD both destroyed them and they'll lose to Denver, too.... not that NO has beat any really stellar teams, but they should be able to manage this one.

Houston at Oakland
    What a boring matchup. Oakland has several games they should have won. That doesn't mean they will.

Jacksonville at Miami
    I hope Miami will win, but thankfully I also do think they will.

Dallas at N.Y. Giants
    I hope Romo makes Manning look like the little whiny, overhyped kid he is. This one will probably be close, though, since the Giants have lost three in a row.

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
    Another game between two teams with no chance at the playoffs. It's impossible to predict when Pittsburgh will play really well or really terribly, but the latter seems to be dominating this season. Still, I'll just go with home team.

Seattle at Denver
    Something in the back of my mind tells me Denver is going to win. But I hope not, and I hope Cutler does nothing for them the rest of the season. Still, I think Denver's run game and perpetual ridiculous homefield advantage will help them.

Carolina at Philadelphia
    Carolina is pretty good and Philly is officially dead.

----

Now A_J, I can't let your comments about the KC game go without rebuttal. It's true that, if you look at the numbers, Green hasn't played nearly as well in his last two games back as in the past few seasons. This is a perfect example of why you really have to look at the situation.

It was clear from before the season started that KC's offense was going to look much different than past years. LJ was hot, and fit perfectly with Edwards's run-heavy offensive style. No one ever intended to pass it a whole lot, and our mediocre receiving core plays into that. The number of pass attempts has been down all season, and most of those have been short passes. That's just the style.

The Raiders game was clearly a situation where they called the plays so Green could just get back into the swing of things. Only 4 passes were called the whole first half. That's coaching, not playing. When we needed a passing-heavy drive at the end of that game, Green pulled through beautifully.

With Denver, LJ was running all over them and there wa
  13. Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight

star 6

WEEK 13

Thursday, Nov. 30
    Baltimore at Cincinnati

Sunday, Dec. 3
    Arizona at St. Louis
    Atlanta at Washington
    Detroit at New England
    Kansas City at Cleveland
    Minnesota at Chicago
    N.Y. Jets at Green Bay
    San Diego at Buffalo
    Houston at Oakland
    Jacksonville at Miami
    Dallas at N.Y. Giants
    Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
    Seattle at Denver

Monday, Dec. 4
    Carolina at Philadelphia

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~
  14. Teegirloo Jedi Master

star 6
    Aw i guess im late i always forget the thursday games.:(
  15. solojones Force Ghost

star 9
    Noooooooo! What is wrong with Baltimore? Why can't they win one week when I need them to? Now they'll probably just be pissed off by the time we play them. And Cincy gets another win. Great.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  16. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    I'll post the standings after the Packers win...I mean after Sundays games.

How about those Bengals!
  17. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling

star 3
  18. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Standings through the early games:

Armenian_Jedi: 7-3

DarthIntegral : 6-4

heels1785: 4-6

ApolloSmileGirl: 7-3

New_York_Jedi: 5-5

Juliet316: 4-6

JediCouncilMember: 7-3

solojones: 6-4

Master_Kast7: 5-5

An interesting mix, of games today. Detroit game New England a run for it's money...Thus far, it's still anybodies game...
  19. solojones Force Ghost

star 9
    Looked like the last few years, eh? 4 TD throws, Green with a 129 rating aaaand.... defense can't make a freaking stop [face_plain]

-sj loves kevin spacey
  20. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Armenian_Jedi: 9-7

DarthIntegral: 11-5

heels1785: 6-10

ApolloSmileGirl: 12-4

New_York_Jedi: 8-8

Juliet316: 8-8

JediCouncilMember: 11-5

solojones: 9-7

Master_Kast7: 10-6

And, after a smoking start, Armenian_Jedi drops to the dregs, while ASG takes the competition for this week with an outstanding 12-4 record. Good job, ASG!

Heels comes in last place this week, with a score of 6-10, so he gets the first pick in next years draft.

Great job all of you, hope to see you again next week!

How about those Eagles?
  21. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 7
    First to last in a week.

How quickly we fall...
  22. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    you forgot to mention his two turnovers. ;)
  23. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
  24. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Cleveland at Pittsburgh

Atlanta at Tampa Bay

Baltimore at Kansas City

Indianapolis at Jacksonville

Minnesota at Detroit

New England at Miami

N.Y. Giants at Carolina

Oakland at Cincinnati

Philadelphia at Washington

Tennessee at Houston

Green Bay at San Francisco

Seattle at Arizona

Buffalo at N.Y. Jets

Denver at San Diego

New Orleans at Dallas

Chicago at St. Louis

A couple of good games, with some playoff implications.

The Packer suck. :)

Well here are the games for next week. Picks need to be in by the beggining of the game Thursday for them to be considred.

Good luck!
  25. Armenian_Jedi Jedi Master

star 7
    my picks in bold:

Cleveland at Pittsburgh

Atlanta at Tampa Bay

Baltimore at Kansas City

Indianapolis at Jacksonville

Minnesota at Detroit

New England at Miami

N.Y. Giants at Carolina

Oakland at Cincinnati