Abq NFL

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Lord_Melkor, Aug 5, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ok, i have done this so i will not go talking about football on the nhl thread and make people upset...preseason starts this weekend so the good time of the year is about to begin...forget the nhl lets talk about a real sport =0)~

GO Raiders
  2. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love both hockey and football.

GO BRONCOS!!!

This year will be pretty interesting for us. I have no idea why we signed Jerry Rice. I wonder what Shanahan plans on doing with him. Well, at least we will beat the Raiders.
  3. WomackD Jedi Youngling

star 2
    As a Bronco fan, I'm less concerned about the signing of Jerry Rice and rather dumb founded as to why Shanahan drafted Ohio State loser RB Maurice Clarett!
  4. Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling

star 3
    karen, wishful thinking...womack, i mentioned that the other day on an nhl draft thread...just about decapitated when i dogged on hockey (once again lesson learn-ed)
  5. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Maurice Clarett at least is fresh blood. Denver has a pretty good system when it comes to running backs. He may be out of shape, but at least he has the talent.

I can never forgive Jerry Rice for that Superbowl. The fact that he is now discracing a Broncos uniform makes me sick.
  6. Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling

star 3
    the broncos could put bill clinton in the backfield and he would avg 100 yds/game...they have a killer running system...too bad they have a qb that throws killer interceptions =0)
  7. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    This is true, but I prefer Plummer over Griese any day.
  8. WomackD Jedi Youngling

star 2
    At least Jerry Rice can teach Darius Watts to actually catch a pass.

Clarrett is a player with poor character, whom Shanahan said he was trying to weed out of Denver. The Broncos definetly didnt need him and had better options to choose from on the board. Tatum Bell should be the starter.
  9. EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Glad you learned your lesson ;) :D

I'm so bummed pre-season is starting...we have NO tv right now!! :_| We don't get DirectTV intstalled until the 24th!!. Ugh. But we're getting the Sunday Ticket, hurray!
  10. Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I will bring the pizza and beer.!!!!!!!!!!=D=
  11. EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sounds good to me! (now all we need is a HUGE screen TV!! [face_praying] )
  12. Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling

star 3
  13. EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan

star 4
    :eek: you must be a hit with the ladies...
  14. Hitman90 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Football is the best sport ever invented. I can't wait for the new season to start.
    GO RAIDERS

15. SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling

star 3
    DALLAS COWBOYS
    And for those who don't like it, come see me personally.[face_cowboy]
  16. hairlesswookie Jedi Master

star 3
    Through thick and thin,
    I'm a 'pokes fan too.
    [face_cowboy]
  17. obi-chris-kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I agree, I like the Broncos and couldn't believe they drafted him. He sits out a year, shows up out of shape at the combine, leaves it early, and still gets drafted. Surely there was a better choice out there.
  18. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    KANSAS CITY for me. Really looking forward to seeing how our defense is this year. Thankfully it's almost all new players with Bell, Knight, Johnson, and Sertain. The AFC West should be much better than it was last season.
  19. Hitman90 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Oh yeah espicially the raiders offense, I mean they came in last last year that's disappointing I hope it's good enough to carry the defense if the defense dosen't play well.
  20. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Collins is a pretty solid quarterback, he should have a great year as long as Moss comes to play every week.
  21. skyra Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm with Aaron and Hairlesswookiee, COWBOYS!!!! all the way.
    I've been a fan since the 70's, through the good times and bad.
  22. DARTHLYNN Jedi Youngling

star 1

I LIKE JERRY RICE, WHERE EVER HE GOES I'M FOR HIS TEAM,
    FIRST THE 49ERS, THEN THE RAIDER AND SEAHAWKS, AND NOW THE
    DENVER BRONCO.... GO BRONCO!!!!!!!!
    I REALLY HATE FOOTBALL, BUT I LIKE JERRY.....
  23. Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Jerry own's the SuperBowl, his record's speak for them self. it's about the game for him If you don't like him that's because what he has done to your teams in the past.:cool:
  24. Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling

star 3
    unfortunately and to be honest here i think kerry collins bites as a qb...that dude has poor decision making skills when under pressure...hopefully with moss and porter as the wideouts defenses will have respect their speed...the upside on collins (if a mid-aged qb can have an "upside") is that he has a killer arm...aaron dallas really bites, the tuna will be in a starkiss? can by seasons end to all you disbelievers New England will probably win again and Philly will choke under pressure (now there's some brotherly love).

Now, i'm being a hopeless romantic when i say this but...

GO RAIDERS!!!
  25. Hitman90 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    New England looks like they are going to have a tough time this year though, because they don't have their best deffensive players Teddy bruschi and Ty Law, There deffensive and Offensive coordinaters are gone and I think this is the year were they step aside and let another team have its glory.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie