main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp NH Mandalorians Armor building work shop week end.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by NOOBSAIBOT, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOOBSAIBOT

NOOBSAIBOT Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2008
    For all of you that have no idea who I am . I would like to say hello . I am PRINCESSVADER73?s hubby( as I have herd myself called.) I really had a nice time at the family get together and have been thinking about the Idea we had talked about .
    I was wondering if anyone is interested in building armor start to almost finish in a week end . If so how many ? Please post interest here. I am going to put together a stock list of things I need and stuff for others to bring. Also if I get a solid head count on interested NH Mandalorians Shell and I can then work on logistics . When we will have workshop, how big of a work area will we need, How many people will want to work on sewing their armor vests while paint is drying and night time activities. If folks need children accommodations it is also something we can talk about.
    I can provide a good amount of the metal. It maybe enough for every one. Some of the metal I have used with shell is 24 gage. That is what I can get, it should be fine it is very ridged, good for working and lighter to carry on your costumes. The female breast plates are what I have worked on with Shell and if the group needs another female costume I could get the breast plates started ahead of time. If I use the con. adhesive it would have to set and dry for sanding. ( I have some other ideas on those plates as well )
    OK the question is If so how many ? Thank you, Jake P.

2. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    I would like to be in. I need more metal for my shin and arm armor. Tara also could use some boobie armor. I have some of the metal armor started but dont have good aviation snips yet. gata get some. We also have a pattern for her jedi costume wed like to work on. and I need a vest to but were not good on the machine. I would also have my 4 year old girl in tow. which would make a good play date for your girl.

3. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I'm looking to do a Star Wars themed bedroom for my son. SCAR is making a replica of his GNK droid. I was wondering how I could incorporate armor into the decoration or even make an astromech (R2) or protocol droid with some metal parts. Any ideas or templates that folks have come across?

4. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    My weekends are booked, aside from a couple of weekends in August, until mid-October. I'd like to participate, but it will depend upon the dates you choose.

5. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003

Same here for the most part. With work the only weekend day I have open is Sundays. And the wife has most of those booked for the rest of the summer with family things. You know.. cookouts, the girls stuff. But if you get a date down I'll do my best to make it. No promises. Although it would be fun.

SeeYa,
    TK

6. NOOBSAIBOT

Jun 8, 2008
    Looks like there is a fear amount of interest . Maybe if you guys post the weekends that may work best for you Shell and I could try to work around those.We are at the house so we shouldn't have any problem making it. I need a head count so I can get the metal. Also if you want to paint you will need your colors with you. I will set up a spot in the yard for painting. If the week end is rainy I will set up a 30x40 tarp . So rain or shine is fine.
    Let us know what you think .
    Thank you all, Jake

7. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Well my armor is all set. I vacuumed all my stuff. It's a little liter and I can move better. lol [face_dancing]

But if you do get a date that works for everyone. I'd be more that glad to come hang out and lend a hand. Good luck with setting something up. Let me know if I can help at all.

Later,
    TK

8. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Do you have molds for mando armor TK? Would love to buy/make a vacuumed set...

9. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I have some of the model done.

I have a few more I am still working on. I will haveset avalible for everyone mostly at cost when I have the model all set. I'll let everyone know the cost when I have a couple runs done.

I am however doing some runs of Tuskins Heads and Mouse droids this coming week. If anyone out there would like to pick up one or the other. Maybe both!! Please let me know. I only have the models for a short time. They are on loan. So this will be a short casting run.

The tuskins heads are going to be $20

The mouse droids are $35 (It does include the top and bottom plus extra cross pieces.)

So... if anyone wish for one please let me know SOONER than LATER! The models have to be back by the 15th.

SeeYa,
    TK

10. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    run me up both a mouse and tusken. ever since i tries on your tusken Ive been hooked on the idea of having one in my house.

oh yea and if you could email those pics of me in that beautiful clone trooper suit that would be great.:D

11. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    All see what I can find Andy. I think they are still around some where?

SeeYa,
    TK

PS. I'll put you down for one of each. No problem.

12. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Please make a tusken for me. I have all of the material I need for the rest of the costume, just need the helmet!

13. NOOBSAIBOT

Jun 8, 2008
    NH Mandalorians Armor building work shop week end.
    NH Mandalorians Armor building work shop week end. Would this be posable with all your busy schedules?

Thank you, Jake

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    You got it......

Steve down for one Tuskin. Who's next?

Later,
    TK

15. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Put me down for a tusken, please. I know you said you had one for me, but I wanted to make it official. Did Steve say he had a pattern for the rest of the outfit, detailed as it may be?

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    As for the armor making weekend, I'm not sure when/if I'll be able to make it. It won't be until at least August, and even then it would have to be some time after our dinner event.

17. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Armor making weekend: same as my prior post. Pick a weekend and I'll see if I can make it. I have limited weekends that I am free both days between now and mid-October.

18. NOOBSAIBOT

Jun 8, 2008
    Shell and I Have come up with the first weekend in August. we could get started Friday night the 1st. That would allow an early start on sat. If this weekend doesnot work we can pick another. We are open to suggestions? Shell is busy the 2nd weekend of August so that would be out. She has been working on her armor and it is really coming along I am going to look into a little welder for the seams on the female armor. That would end the need for the adhesive and the overlap in the seam. Well before I start rambling on, is any one interested in the first weekend of August?[face_thinking] Thank you all again, Jake

19. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I am in Alaska the first weekend of August...sorry!

20. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I'll be in Alaska for that weekend. Sorry!

21. NOOBSAIBOT

Jun 8, 2008
    Well, That dosen't have to be the weekend. How about the weekend of the 15-16-17th. that would be the next weekend we would be able to provide. Providing we get a big enough turn out. Also if folks would like to do this at home I can still provide that metal to a limited amount of people. That may be a better idea for you. If you get the tools into your tool box you will always have them. I am happy to share in any way I can. The workshop just allows us to share the skills and proper use of the tools. I am sure that you would have no problem building it your self. Also Steve hope the Dremal meets your needs? In is short on bitts you may need to get what you need.
    Thank you, Jake

22. NOOBSAIBOT

Jun 8, 2008
    15th What was I thinking?:eek: Clone Wars

23. NOOBSAIBOT

Jun 8, 2008
    I got my templets .I've printed then glued them together on posterboard and cut them out . They are in the larg size but can be modifide to fit any size or shaped person. I have been planning different ways of customizing the armor to make it my own. I also have thought of some names for myself. The work shop is know 1 more step closer to working out. the templets will be here for anyone who may need them . [face_dancing]

Thank you, Jake
    A.K.A : Woodlums

24. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Picture from Celebration Japan

I found this and thought you all might get a "KICK" out of it. lol [face_dancing]

Later,
    TK

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/cheralyn/starwarscelebrationjapan/websize/294.JPG]

25. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    LoL!

Sorry Guy's ... I just realized I posted this under the wrong link. Oh well... it happens.
    8-}

TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.