main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey NHL Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Just because you like him and respect him, doesn't mean that I have to. Yes, I'm a hockey fan, but I don't care for players like Stevens and yes, Todd Bertuzzi. And even if Stevens was on another team, I still wouldn't like him.

But I'm sorry, Gary....you're always right. Next time, say all this when I'm standing next to you rather than posting it on a message board. Because I can't get banned for telling you where to stick it when we're at home.

2. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    bring back Theo Fluery.

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    :eek:

Umm, Bobby Orr and Ray Bourque say "hi".

4. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I love his drunk arse.

5. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    He was ONE of the greatest defenseman to play the game. Happy?

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    It'll do.

;)

7. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
  8. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    [face_frustrated]

9. MediaGuyPJ

MediaGuyPJ Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    Boy lots of star wars here....

NYR are horrible.... they did nothing in the jedi Temple...Big Mark couldnt even stand up to Anakin's lightsaber....Why did they retire his number?

Let's Retire Windu...numba 69...lets not forget the pimp saber.

10. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned the gambling scandal here yet, especially considering the alleged operation was based in New Jersey. The latest is that Wayne Gretzky supposedly knew about it based on wiretapped conversations. His wife Janet is also said to have placed $500K in wagers in recent weeks, including $75K on the Super Bowl alone. It is still not known if hockey was one of the sports offered, however.

11. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I was just talking about this last night. Can't believe that Gretzky's wife would even get involved with something like that.

12. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    We don't want to implicate anyone. Might be a few NJO members on that list.

[face_whistling]

~DG~

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
  14. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003

[face_worried]

15. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Rangers won six in a row! It could work to their advantage that they have Olympic break now, but it could also wreck their momentum.

I'd like to thank the Islanders for beating the Devils yesterday.

And first place never felt so damn good.

16. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    [image=http://www.nemzetisport.hu/db/06/49/i00018649cf84990d876c.jpg]

Screw Cindy and Ovenchicken. Lundqvist for Calder!

Unfortunately it'll probably never happen. Although he's a legitimate candidate for the Vezina trophy.

I can't believe where the Rangers are sitting so far. I was just perusing this thread old posts and happened to find this:

If the Rangers had a better season than the Islanders, you can talk. Until then, zip it.

Let's see if the Rangers even get to 500 after they trim all that they have to.

Well Gary who would've thought that the Rangers would be 20 games over .500 right now and the Isles would be 2 under? I'm just still trying to figure out what that second sentence is supposed to mean...

Also can someone PLEASE CHANGE THE DAMN TITLE OF THIS FRIGGIN THREAD! WE DON'T MISS THE NHL ANYMORE!!

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Gary's just mad because he's sick of sitting next to cardboard cutouts at Nassau. Who would want to go to an arena that sells sushi fresh from Long Island Sound?! ;) Besides, I say that he go dressed as the Gorton's Fisherman.

I was watching the Olympics and they mentioned how Peter Prucha was injured and couldn't play on the Czech team. Is it bad of me to say I'm glad that the Olympics are lasting two weeks so it gives Peter time to heal?

18. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    OOHH...

The trim line was either a salary cap remark, or a 'dead weight' remark. Couldn't remember.

We'll save you you a spot on the links.

~DG~

19. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    Actually I take back what I said about your second sentence there Gary. After reading it a few more times I figured it out. For some reason it just wasn't registering.

The men's hockey started today at Torino. Anyone up at the ass-crack of 5:30am could've caught Sweden vs. Kazakhstan(barn-burner). The U.S. played Latvia this afternoon and had to RALLY to get a 3-3 tie! Ugh. It's not looking good for our boys over there(this is the only time I'll ever root for Jason Blake)...hell, DiPietro wasn't even in net. Let's hope they can hold off those pesky Kazakhstan...'ers tomorrow. Apparently today Slovakia vs. Russia was a great game too. I hate these time zone crap. The U.S. has the latest game and it starts at 3pm. I think I'm coming home early tomorrow.

Your boy better come through tomorrow Gary.

20. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    *nods* I watched most of the 3pm game and I was like.....YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING. This is the only time I'm rooting for any of the Islanders.

21. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    HA! I laughed and cheered when that Finland player smashed Jagr into the boards forcing him to leave the game as well as the Finalnd player leaving the game because of the hit. In today's game, Finalnd beat Jagr's team, the Chez Republic, 4-2, I'm happy. :)

I'm still rooting for Team Canada as Team USA sucks right now.

22. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Not surprised about how bad Team USA sucked this time around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.