main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON niagara grape and wine festival parade

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by beezel26, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Ok its gonna happen in three months but how about we start planning now for the parade so we can get as many people as possible.

This year how about putting out word to all fan forces within a larger area.

lets go big. we can do it. If I can travel from such a large distance how about someone even farther.

we owe it to the fanforces and the 501st and rebel legion to do this.

oh and a good way to make extra money for the event is to do a costume reversal.

auction off use of a few costumes to individuals to come marching in the parade with us. a costume reversal.

On saturday at the special olympics instead of coming in costume I brought a jedi cloak and about five lightsabers for the athletes. it was a costume reversal. Plus nothing complicated for the athletes due to the disabilities of some. Anyway they had a great time. the athletes loved it and it went over well. I will do more next time but for doing it off the cuff it wasnt too bad.

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    doing some calculations from mapquest within a six hour radius is grand rapids fanforce, four for detroit, three for cleveland, and four for pittsburgh. if we can get anyone from the NYC MEPA then that would be cool. kinda hard but they could just take the train. and someone there take care of them as far as a place to stay or get them a hotel room nearby.

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Although I like the enthusiasm.... lets put the breaks on.

The Niagara chapter has not had an event since the last parade...(so sad). I don't think we should be planning anything till we get the YJN house back in order...if it is even possible.

I don't think it is a good idea to be "inviting" anyone at this time till we can at least look at whether we are even going to be hosting it this year.

4. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    You know... you do need to have an event... How about picnic out by DQ house, or the mill (swimming?)... Make it for families... Balloon toss? silly races?... an impromtu meeting on the state of the group and the Parade... Inviting eveyone of course!

To make it easier though... no one person is "planning"... and everyone pack for themselves, and bring something to share if you want... if you want a certain game, plan it (I have one in mind my kids LOVED that they did at my Church picnic)...

I'd bring my family out... so at worst you'd have 4!... I aways thought of myself as a member of YJN anyway... Alex would probably come, if it was at all in his power... and I bet even Justin and Stephanie would come out for a day event like that... Heck... other FFT might even want to come out...

5. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    You know I'm down for G&W, just say the word.

I understand you want to get things settled locally... Call us if you need us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.