London, ON Niagara Grape & Wine Parade / FanForce Party

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks a lot guys for coming.

You helped to make the event a great success!

Debbie, Justin has your umbrella btw
  2. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Peter and I had a bit of fun on the way home... on the 401, the car seemed to just stop working.... gas didn't work, but steering and brakes still worked. No shoulder, so I took the off ramp to some little county road that headed towards Stratford, still coasting. Got onto the shoulder there, just as the power steering and power brakes fail. This means I'm having to force the wheel to go where I want it, and practicly standing on the brake. Get off road completely and trying to turn on the 4-ways just as a transport truck passes by me on the ramp. Scary. Peter says he didn't notice any difference in my driving when I said "There goes the steering... and the brakes!" Turn off the car and turn it back on and it seems to be working fine. Continue on back road till we get to another road that points towards Ingersoll. Drive to Ingersoll, never been there before. See a sign for the 401 again, so we get back on the 401 and continue our journey, albeit slower and in the right lane for most of the trip. Get to work just on time.

I've asked a few people so far, and the consensus seems to be that I'm having alternator trouble. :( I guess I'll have to have Dad take a look at it next time I see him.
  3. Primrodo Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh joy!!

Better get it looked into sooner than later.
  4. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Argh! That sucks, Janet!
    Matt and I have your jello ingredients but couldn't find the blue dress ;(
    If possible, pop by today (hopefully the car will be working sorta) and grab 'em.
    I saw that Peter posted some pics on petri of the parade, I linked to them in this thread - hope he doesn't mind!
  5. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.