main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Niagara Santa Parade

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Java_Jedi, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Now that I'm done with the Rox meet & greet, I can put my efforts into the parade planning as required.

Its the next YJN event folks. Who else is ready to help Dana with this?

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Well at this point we need the writeup? Just wondering in case there is a number of things people can take care of?

3. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I have the base for a write-up, but there is still much to be done. I would really like to se if we can get a planning meeting happening soon. No clue about after parade stuf nr do I really know what we are doing for this parade. :(

4. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    How about Saturday, November 15th as a planning meeting? Thats one week before the parade. We can use the time to make sure everything is in place and "Christmas-ize" our costumes.

If that day is good we need to know ASAP. Don't forget we have people from Buffalo wanting to join us in the parade and if someone from that group wants to come to the planning meeting as well they'll need notice.

We need a place in the Falls as the meet spot on the day of the parade. Andrew is your place OK?

Dana, what else do you need to know?

5. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Body count...lol

I guees the biggest thing other than numbers would be ..

What are we planning for after?

6. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Well, give me a date, place and time, and I can be down there. It's the next big thing for me to look forward to.

7. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    I would like to come however (as sad as it is) I have packed on the winter weight a little early this year and so I don't *ahem* [face_blush]hides head.....fit into my costume.

So I will need to borrow a costume...please? :(

BTW: My cloak still fits! and its nice and warm!

8. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    I have no idea if Chris has asked Jerry if we can borrow the gear again. lol.

9. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I am interested in being in the parade, but if work gives me the 1-4 they have been I will have to take it as I need the hours...rent is hurting :(

put me for a maybe :)

10. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I'll post this in the Buffalo forum as well and will get a solid head count for you.

11. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Ok I am not working on the 22nd so I am in!!!

Need help making my costume more....Christmassy :)

12. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Two weeks away folks.

Come on! The Buffalo group has a more productive discussion than we are!!

Dana comitted the group to enter the parade based on response here, lets show her that she didn't make a mistake taking your word.

There is a proposal to have a get together on the 15th (a week from tomorrow) to go over the costumes and prep for the parade.

Who can make it? Is someone willing to offer a location for the meet? Who plans to be at the parade but won't be able to make the prior gathering?

Day of the parade, Andrew hasn't responded if his parent's place is OK, so maybe we need to consider alternatives.

Also the question of post-parade is totally unanswered. Don't forget we have Buffalo people with us.

Did we want to gather at a person's home for post parade munchies and drinks? Who can provide those? How about going to a restaurant instead?

Please don't assume that these questions are going to simply resolve themselves. We've been asking them for a few weeks now, and apart from the initial list of names of who was interested in coming, the response from the rest of the club has been a bit lacking.

So who has answers for Dana?

13. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Forgive me if I have not been adding much to the discussion, but I'm rushing to get my costume done for the 14th (Montreal Science Fiction Expo 2003). Unfortunately I'll be missing the meeting for that. Heck I'm still recovering from last parade, but I'll do my best to help out for this one. I just had a little reality check when I realized how close it is. Like I said, the main thing I have to work on is my jetpack and gauntlets, they fell apart last parade but luckily I have my whole new set that won't get wrecked.

There is only one condition, all parts of my costume must be in the same vehicle I am in. ;)

I'd be up for either a get-together at someone's house afterwards, or just a restaurant. Depends on how many people we have I suppose.

14. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Guys... if we need to cancell I need to know.

If we simple can't do it fine, but if we are doing it then let's get going.

Prep : We can get ready at my house if need be.

After : we can again use my house.

Food: Fastest idea I can think of is that everyone throws in for Pizza and wings.

I've got the 15th open. Once again, we can do it here if need be.

Attending so far :

Steph C. - Padme ep2
    Nick - Han solo
    Greame - Boba Fett
    Andrew - Chewie
    Nick ? - Jedi (?)
    Chris P - Exar Kun
    Lynn R - GillGIll Vale
    Mike p. - Yoda (pending)
    Sammy P - Pad. Bear Clan
    Arsinoe - ?
    Josh - ?
    Kevin - Needs Costume
    Justin - Jedi
    Tessa - ?
    James - Jedi ?

This list is subject to change due to work scheds. and such. Please let me know if you are coming and not listed here, or if you are listed and can't make it. Thanks :)

Edited to update list.

15. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    Sorry for taking so long to post.

My house is available for both before and after the parade. We can also use my place for the meeting next weekend.

16. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I should be there but complications with the costume persist. I will hopefully be going as a Mace Windu Clone. Cept white, fat, short and not bald. Oh but I have the replica of his lighsaber!!

17. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    How come everyone got real names and I get "Prim - Jedi"

:p

18. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Don't feel bad...I didn't get a name at all. But thats alright. Dana diserves praise for all the hard work she has put into this.

19. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    There :p now I got the list updated...lol. ;)

I'll try and get a hold of Chris later tonight and see if we have Jerry's outfits for this.

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Heh, now I am happy :p I just found it funny in the odd sense...like :p

21. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Vent might be coming to it. As for what she'll be... we don't know. I'll try and help her with a costume. Her Screen Name is OddlingChild. (I think)

As for myself I'm trying to Make the Leia Hoth Costume.

22. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Dana, I was under the understanding that it was ok with Jerry to use the costumes again. I will have Chris double check with him. As for the meeting, I can probably make it, but still don't know about the parade. My manager hasn't made our schedule yet for that week. My guess is I am not able to come if I have the saturday before off. :(

What do you still need help with?? What information do you still need to know from people??

23. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Hoth Leia is a no go. I went to Value Village today, and now I'm nearly finished a Guri Costume.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Expanded_Universe/Characters_Female/Guri/guri.jpg]

24. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    And I just finished my Prince Xizor costume...

Kidding. But I did my Bespin Han costume (navy jacket and brown & yellow pants). Pics soon.

25. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    I thought the Jacket was brown. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.