main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Nice to have met you...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by THEREALSHMII, Jul 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/greenfrontal.jpg]

I just wanted to say it was nice to have met you YoungJediNiagara. I applogize that the Toronto people weren't more lively but pretty much everyone at the con was pretty exhausted by Sunday afternoon. I look forward to metting your group at SFX.

2. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    A simple question from one who did *not* meet you...do you draw those pics??? They're pretty cool :)

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    It was very nice to have met you also. You made us feel very welcome. I look forward to bringing our other Y.J.N. members to the SFX Expo to meet you.

4. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Simple answer:

All of Shmi's icons are penned by herself - with the exception of the Troll which was by yours truly. She draws them with ink & pen on regular paper, scans them and colours using Photoshop.

Pretty damn good for someone who never used Photoshop until a month ago, imho.

-----

YJN - also looking forward to meeting you again. While I don't think sig.other will be able to convince me to pay entrance fees into SFX, I do think that I can be talked into coming down to meet with you guys after the show. :)

5. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Yeah, I'm sorry to have missed you! :)
    A post-SFX thing would be nice, as a few of us aren't really planning to attend...

Cris~

6. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Indeed. I would very much like to have a gathering after SFX. Dinner in one of the nearby spots and we can hang out for a while.

7. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    SFX is the last week-end of August right.. mmm maybe a little birthday party for your favorite RSA (ego trip here please someone toss me something) might be a good Idea.

I really enjoyed meeting you YJN, alltough I hadn't slept in 30 something hours. well I made it up to 52 hours without sleep, and now I am almost fully rested. so I will keep money aside, say Shmi or Tragic or Poobah, could any of you be picking me up if I go down by train??? thanks.

8. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well the Train would probably stop at Union station, which is about 5 min walk from the MTCC where the con is held. We could probably find you some floor at someone's place that you could get to by public transit from there too. As the time draws near we can plan something.

9. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000

Can't throw you a bone but how about a carrot?

[image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/carrot.jpg]

I was going to write you that crash space was available at our place and that you could drop your stuff in the trunk of my car during the con but you just messaged me that you can't make it.

Suuure, it's just the 25th anniversary of your parents. Bah! That's not important! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.