main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Nice to meet you all

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Mathieu, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Mathieu

Mathieu Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2014
    Hi!

I'm Mathieu and I'm from Belgium. I've been a fan since I saw the OT rerelease in 1997 when I was 12. I'm 29 now. Used to read a lot of EU books but I think it's been 15 years since I last read an EU book. Can't believe it's been that long. Time really flies.

I was really excited for Episode I and when I first saw it, I really liked it. I think I was also on these boards around that time (but never a really active poster). In the years following the TPM release, my interest in SW started to wane a bit. But I still enjoyed AOTC and ROTS. I guess I was mostly busy with other things in my life.

When the news of the Disney transaction broke, I regained my interest a bit. But these last couple of weeks, with all these rumors flying around, it seems like it's 1997-1999 all over again. So I'm slowly getting back in full Star Wars mode! Exciting times ahead!

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Mathieu! :)

Yeah, it feels a bit like that time, but somehow it's different - at least for me. I guess it's because of Disney and getting older. ;)

Have you been a member here around 1998/1999 or later as well?

Have lots of fum and ask us, if you have questions or need help. :)

3. Mathieu

Mathieu Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2014
    Yes I was. But definitely not later I think.

It does feel different, but I'm actually surprised at how similar it feels at times.

The biggest difference for me is the way the internet has changed. Episode I changed the way movies are followed on-line, so that was a great experience to be a part of. I have very fond memories of downloading that first teaser trailer (took me half a day or longer). It all seemed so magical. That magic is something that will be impossible to relive now.

4. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    Nice to meet you im new too :)

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Welcome to the boards, any questions please feel free to ask :)