NICK GILLARD INTERVIEW!!

Discussion in 'Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Lord_Of_Sith, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Of_Sith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, this is from a small article in the London Times about EIV. I'll scan & post the article later:

"With internet speculation running high and a cloak of mystery surrounding the latest episode in the nine part Star Wars saga, any information is certified geek gold. Stunt Coordinator Nick Gillard (episodes I, II, III) spoke briefly to us concerning his contribution to the as yet untitled Episode IV. "The romantic era of the Republic is over," Gillard stated, speaking via telephone from his London apartment, "This is the era of the Empire, of the dark side. George wanted a new fighting style, more restrained. I'm drawing more from classic fencing and Samurai movies. I don't want to give anything away (laughs nervously) but some of the characters remaining in the story, they've seen better days haven't they? This feeds into their fighting style. Imagine an athlete who is injured, but recovers and returns to competative sport. You wouldn't expect them to play the game in the same way they did [before the injury]. So things are a little different. There's a seedy side to episode four as well. There are smugglers, pirates, bounty hunters everywhere. You might walk into a bar and just get shot for looking at someone the wrong way. So there's more gunplay and physical action." Gillard remains tight lipped as to the plot but maintains that when the film debuts (in May 2008) fans will 'not be disappointed'."
  2. Master_Uxi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I heard from my good friend SuperShadow, who is also a close friend of George Lucas, that Nick Gillard had a real life fight with Ray Park... supposedly George instigated the whole thing and has his cameras ready. I don't want to spoil it, but wait till you see the "finishing move" that was done. Pulls off his skull with the spinal column attached! [face_skull]

This sparked a new idea for a live action TV series in between Episode III and Episode IV with a video game spinoff where the Jedi try to stop the Sith in their plot to take over something called the outworld!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.