NickLong's TF.N Superheros/villains?© UPDATE

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by NickLong, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Carl_el_cee Jedi Knight

star 3
    I bet you "go home and rethink your life". I bet you do, in doing so, there is a happy ending to this Drama, and you, Kyle will be respected by all the board and will have a huge ego burst. In doing so, you will feel the urge to post ilogical statements as you seldom do anymore, but as you'll have already learnt this lesson, you will quiet your mind, and listen to that little guy with a ring above his head talking to you, telling you the will, of the boards.

Carl

PS: $5 good enough? :D
  2. Fremen Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll put a 10-spot that there's no way in hell Freman can act normal.
  4. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Okay folks enough already.

So to get this thread back on topic, can any of you guys produce concept art, or animate this series to really get it going?

Nick, do you have anyone on board who can actually do any of this stuff, or are you looking for people to actually begin this process?

Also is it worth sharing a little bit of the story/concept, becuase at the moment with the information I can see, this project is a bunch of names. Maybe if people can understand a little more about the project you may find a few more volunteers. Maybe people need to know more about the project before agreeing to contributing their time and talent?

Or you could all just bat Fremen around for another 50 posts until it gets locked again... :)
  5. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    Is the art to be cartoony, or realistic like comic book art?
  6. Golden-Y Force Ghost

star 3
    Here's an early concept of TAC. I did this a few months ago for another possible project. I was just joking around when I did this one (hmm, I wonder if TAC will be upset that I'm showing it):
    JediTAC

7. Animaster Jedi Master

star 4
    He's supposed to be a Judge, he needs funny wig and a gavel. :p
  8. Fremen Jedi Knight

star 3
    lol, thats pretty good, yah he needs gavels in each hand, as weapons, I should think.

Ooo, and will this actually make it up on TFN? Is this considered a Star Wars Fanfilm? Or will they make an exception?

;)
    Kyle
  9. Animaster Jedi Master

star 4
    This isn't quite a regular fanfilm, as it will have original characters, situations,etc. It could be considered a fanfilm of all superhero films. :p

And for now, TFN is just Star Wars, though they may expand in the future.
  10. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm sorry, but after seeing that JediTAC...it just looks weird 'cause it looks NOTHING like his icon! LOL

It'll take some getting used to.

Does it matter what we ACTUALLY look like or is this just going to be kind of random with just our real voices (if even that?).

M. Scott
  11. Fremen Jedi Knight

star 3
    As far as I know, it IS your real voices, unless you don't want to do it. Then Nick gets someone else to do it.

As for what they look like, I can't remeber what Nick said. There was discussion, on the old one, that some people thought that they should resemble the people somewhat. And others said no they should look like......whatever. So to my knowledge I don't, or we don't know who they are gonna resemble. Maybe Nick might like to clear this up.

;)
    Kyle

12. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    He should also have a FAQility belt :D
  13. Fremen Jedi Knight

star 3
    :D halibut, you crack me up........ [face_plain]

;)
    Kyle

14. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
  15. Fremen Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_plain] I don't know...........

;)
    Kyle
  16. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    //starts to realise what everyone else has been talking about [face_plain]

Looks like Eagle gets his $10
  17. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    This is my interpretation of JediTAC...and please pardon the artist's interpretation...I lost my drawing skills back in 'Nam...

http://jediacademy0.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/judgetac.jpg

I cant link it...it wont work...sry.

~Neszis~
  18. Animaster Jedi Master

star 4
    ROFL! Great pic Neszis. :)
    That's exactly how I picture him. ;)

-AntaganisticAnimaster?©
  19. Janz_Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Pretty close. Needs to be more Kenobi-ish. :)

20. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    I thought a black cap would be better than a wig :D
  21. Janz_Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually... here's some concept art for TAC that I found. Very stylish. ^_^

[image=http://www.skywalkeronline.net/files/obidoo.gif]

Diary of a Crazed Mimbanite

Chris
  22. Carl_el_cee Jedi Knight

star 3
    LOL! That page is SO funny! You guys gotta check out the cross sections, and the visual dict. spoof is hilarious! This guy is just PURE genious!

Carl
  23. NickLong Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, there's been some big decisions made overnight.

First of all, a Guy call James Hamer-Morton will be involved in this in a big way. You may remember him as the dark haired guy with glasses from The Last Act and The Last Act 2.

Happy Ninja has been very busy with stuff over in the USA and I've not heard a lot from him, so I'm stepping up the writing phase without him.

Decisions have now been made on the format of the series. The animation is to be 2D. I was thining it should be 3D to begin with, but with it being a series, it'd take way too much time to produce each episode. Plus, 3D series i've seen on TV just look too damn fake.

With 2D animation, we (the writers and me as director) have a lot more freedom to do what we want quickly and effectively.

3D will be incorporated in some scenes, mostly landscape or "impressive" scenes, but they'll only be used if they look right.

Each episode will be between 10-20 minutes in length, this we will not know until the scripting is finished.

Not all the superheros will be used in each episode, because there are FAR too many to fit in effectively in the amount of time i have in mind.

As for more information, there's not a hell of a lot i can tell you until scripting is finished.

What I CAN tell you is this: The series is about a Superhero "Agency" that was created to fight the evil crime waves that have appeared in the main city. Unfortunately, the superheros aren't the best there are around, so redundancy and retirement have come into play. The various superheros (i.e. NickLong's Superheros) will be introduced at various point in the episodes.

As for wanting people's help, i don't know how to describe what i'm looking for in the way on concept art, that's why i would like some help. i want to work with the concept artists to hep design the characters, hence the term "concept artist"

as for 2D/3D modellers, i'm trying to see if anyone is interested in the project enough to work with people here first. if not, then i'll take the offer elsewhere.

I've had some interst from regulars in the chat room, but people don't want to commit themselves yet.

/me shrugs

hope this gives you a bit more insight.

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long
  24. darthsaber10 Jedi Master

star 2
    I think Neszis should be appointed a superhero.....eh hem..supervillian.....but that's just my opinion....

~dorkishdarthsaber10~
  25. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Daft, I'd just like you to know--my post was more a 'challange' than a 'flame'.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.