main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NickLong's TF.N Superheros

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by NickLong, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Great idea Nick, I see you still have something to contribute to TFN :p

However, I have to side with Tumble here, we need some super villains, otherwise they just become impotent figureheads. And I'm sure Daft doesn't want to hear THAT word. (No, not figurehead...)

Of course, over time the might of Azeem has seen off the old threats, like computer_graphics, and some of us have witnessed the epic struggle between Crew of Two and their mortal enemies over the last year or so.

But these are dangerous times, people. New technology, new software, new theatrical Star Wars releases all bring forth the new generation of posters - and it is us to guide them.

Without JediTacs careful guidence, MaxVeers reasoning tones and DaftMauls centuries old wisom we may see these newbies fall to the dark side. And then where will we be?

But despite this new federation of TFN hero's I believe we are not yet safe. more action must be taken. Threads are hijacked daily, and at what cost to the world? The league of TFN may rule here, but out there, out in the internet wilds new threats grow daily. Faster, cheaper internet connections bring new dangers, and we must be on our guard.

The infamous Jedi With No Name wanders the net bringing peace and Justice on his own! And for what recognition? None. This is a traversty, and for me, is proof enough that the system does not work.

It is all very well having this 'hero's' in our midst, but why should we only be safe here, in TFN. The net is huge, and spreading, and with it the insidious threat of rogue posters! This cannot be allowed to continue.

I hereby take this opportunity to stand up against the might of the TFN hero's! I say what they do is not enough, and I will prove it. I stand as the first opponents of these do-gooders, and plan to expose them for the shameful cowards they are! TFN boards are not enough! We need protection on every server, through every hub, via every switch! And if I have to stike terror into the world to open the eyes of these 'guardians', then so be it! I will never rest until TFN heros prove themselves able enough to stop any threat, no matter how petty, how childish, how laughable.

Tumble, I stand by your side.

People of TFN I call on you to choose! Choose now! Will you follow Nick Longs idealistic crusade to form this pillar of Justice, or will you follow me to expose them what they really are! Ordinary people who hide behind cool names and occassionaly produce cool films.

I think the choice is clear.

Hear me Nick, this cannot continue. I will fight to the end, and I will bring you down!

There is a storm coming - where will you be standing when it hits!

Pete

See - I stand in the open, unafraid. Who will join me, and who will oppose me!

*Manic laughter*

*Cue Thunder sfx*

2. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    >There is a storm coming - where will you be standing when it hits!<

Great plug Pete, Thanks ;)

Oh you we're talking about that. What where you talking about then?

3. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    *sigh*

nothing important...

*takes off cloak, glumly*

Pete

4. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    LOL @ ^ and ^^
    Great idea Nick!

5. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    How do I find time to moderate here and there and still update the site?

SuperAz

6. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Hey Azeem, don't get too cocky.

7. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Nor you Xack ;)

8. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Pete - i'm with you...

oh, i can't do that can i!

:p

Well, re: NickLong's TF.N Supervillains...

...watch THIS Space: [ ].

"sooner than PTH"

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

9. Tanyss

Tanyss Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2001
    I say, that was rather insidious in itself.

*Looks around, and then back at Ptx with a hushed voice*

Can I help?

10. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    ...lurking in the subterranean caves beneath the ExFilms studio...

...supervillains attempt to sabotage PTH while Devon is asleep on the couch...

11. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Send out the winged monkeys with their Mountain Dewinator!

Pete

12. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Here here!! Pete makes an important and beautifully nonsensical speech! We cannot afford to to ignore him!!

A line has been drawn in the sand, ladies and gents! THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!

-tm
    *As a further motivation, TFN supervillians receive full medical and dental, and female supervillians will not be required to wear skimpy costumes.*

13. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    "female supervillians will not be required to wear skimpy costumes"

! :eek:

Are you out of your 'fricking' mind? What's the point in being the villain then!

Pete

14. Thesabresmith

Thesabresmith Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2001
    "A line has been drawn in the sand, ladies and gents! THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!"

Yes there is... look it's over there ::points::

"female supervillians will not be required to wear skimpy costumes"

But can the guys?

::looks around sheepishly::

::Slips quietly away::

15. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    I'll rephrase: Not required but encouraged! WE want to score the ladies on our side so they can make the snobby superheros incredibly jealous!!

And about the males.... As long as you don't where your underwear on the ouside of your supersuit (ala DeadlyDaftMaul?© who wears his undies and nothing else!).

-tm
    *Down with the Tyrants!!*

16. Thesabresmith

Thesabresmith Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2001
    Was there someone in here kinda looked like me... you know rougishly handsome, dashingly... smart... has a nervous twitch, a limp and hump on his back? ;)

So anyway, what would a super villain be required to do? Actually change their name, so that they are "reborn" in darkness... becoming newbies and making ourselves all the more terrorfying?

And would their be expences? Evil plans and thier components don't come cheep.

What about meetings? i'm not good with Large crowds of people.

17. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I don't need to be a superhero to feel adaquite! I just need to spel correctly!

(maybe you could call me NoJokeEagleIFilms tm(c))

Oh, and how do you do the tm and (c)?

18. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    ®=Alt+0174
    ©=Alt+0169
    ?=Alt+0153

There ya go ;)

19. sovknight

sovknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2001
    um.... er..... sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but unless there was a PM involved somewhere, wasn't I the first one to bring up the Supervillan thing? I've re-read all the posts, and although I am severely sleep-deprived, I believe the concept originated with my post. I guess the best Supervillans are the ones nobody notices at first.... until it's too late, that is [face_devil]

EDIT: No sleep = bad grammar

20. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Well, technically, you were the first to suggest it, but Tumble actually claimed to be one 2 hours 32 minutes before your (admittedly great) suggestion

As you clearly have the mind of an evil genius like myself feel free to use my home, 'Dew Mountain' as yours.

Just don't spill anything, the cleaners are a terror to work with, and all that sugar just will not come out of the carpet.

Also, there is a loose step on the ladder down to the Secret Doom Room. And if you could keep the music down that would be great.

Snacks are served 'till eleven pm on weekdays. 12 at weekends.

Bring your own towel.

There is plotting to be done!

Pete

P.S. Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

P.P.S. Aha ha ha!

*swirls cloak and makes dramatically for the exit*

*trips on loose step*

21. sovknight

sovknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2001
    Man... I so wanted to include a quote in my last post. You know, the one that Dark Helmet from Spaceballs says about the difference between good and evil? I just can't remember it correctly and I hate it when people mis-quote things. Oh well...

Sk

22. CoruscantCrisis

CoruscantCrisis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2001
    I believe that the villans would have to change their name at least once every month so that they would never be more than a month old and therefore they would always be newbies. :)

23. Amidala_Nutley

Amidala_Nutley Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2001
    As the first SuperVixen to post, I would like to swear my allegiance with the Super Hero's.

I think I will be known as
    Apprentice Amidala Nutley (with Nick's approval of course) ;)

I also think you have got to have a Super Hero name Nick, you started all this and my suggestion is

Nucleus Nick Long My reasoning for this is the meaning of nucleus is the central part or thing around which others collect.

Super Hero's 6

Super Villains (still arguing)

:D

24. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Nucleus Nick Long My reasoning for this is the meaning of nucleus is the central part or thing around which others collect.

...and becuase nuclei are very small ;)

So remind me again, why am I called 'DeadlyDaftMaul© ? Apart from the obvious alliteration, I've never done anything 'deadly' in my life, apart from that time I stepped on a spider...

25. Amidala_Nutley

Amidala_Nutley Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2001
    Even you Daft Maul, started as something very small ;) and look at you now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.