main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nicolas Cage Film "National Treasure" Now Casting

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ben-Kushaan_Exile, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben-Kushaan_Exile

Ben-Kushaan_Exile Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2000
    This was posted in the Blenderwars forums by the guest user "CastCalls" and sounds important. :)

" "NATIONAL TREASURE", an action/comedy film from Touchstone Pictures, is now casting for production this fall.

WHO'S INVOLVED: This major film will star Nicolas Cage and will be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer ("Con Air", "Gone in Sixty Seconds"). It will be directed by Jon Turtletaub (Disney's "The Kid", "Cool Runnings"). Speaking parts and background roles are both available.

THE PLOT: "National Treasure" is about an adventurous archaelogist (Cage) who comes from a long line of treasure hunters that have all been determined to find a fabled war chest treasure that may have been hidden by America's Founding Fathers as funds for the Revolutionary War.

He attempts to locate this treasure with advice that his grandfather once told him about a secret code in the Constitution and a map on the back of the Declaration of Independence.

PRODUCTION DATES: Late September - December, 2003

PRODUCTION COMPANY: Junction Entertainment and Jerry Bruckheimer Films

DISTRIBUTOR: Touchstone Pictures

EMAIL FOR MORE INFO: Auditions@rapidreply.net

Transportation, meals, and accomodations will be provided. Both non-SAG and SAG actors are encouraged.

CASTING BREAKDOWN:

MALES

"Riley Poole", Caucasian or African-American, 20s - 30s. A sarcastic, thrill-seeking computer expert who is the best friend and partner-in-crime of Nicolas Cage's character. CO-STARRING ROLE

"John Adams Gates", Caucasian, 50s - 60s. He plays Nicolas Cage's grandfather when the character was a young boy. He's a passionate treasure-hunter much like Indiana Jones.

"Ian Howe", Caucasian, 40s - 50s. A wealthy, corrupt British adventurer who dreams of finding lost treasure.

"Shaw", Caucasian or African-American, 20s - 30s. He is Howe?s well-built but not so bright right-hand man. He's waspy, big, muscular, intimidating, a stone cold, killer-for-hire.

"Agent Sadusky", Caucasian, 40s - 50s. The head of a group of FBI Special Agents in charge of getting back the Declaration of Independence. Serious leader, calm under pressure.

"Agent Johnson", Caucasian or African-American, 20s - 30s. A young FBI Special Agent who is part of Sadusky's team.

"Waiter at Gala", any ethnicity, 20s - 30s. Hip, well-dressed young guy.

"Swat Cop", any ethnicity, 30s - 40s. Callous, macho.

"Joe Woodruff", Caucasian, 30s - 40s. The tough but sensitive head guard at the National Archives.

"President Jackson", Caucasian, 50s - 60s. A modern president of the United States.

"Dr. Herbert", Caucasian, 40s - 50s. Abigail?s cautious boss at the National Archives.

FEMALES

"Dr. Abigail Chase", Caucasian, 20s - 30s. A pretty and young researcher involved in the preservation and display of the Declaration of Independence. She's skeptical of Nicolas Cage's character at first but he wins her over, and she becomes a partner in his crazy scheme. CO-STARRING ROLE

"Mrs. Doyle", Caucasian, 40s - 50s. An old-fashioned landlady of an apartment building.

"Gift Store Clerk", any ethnicity, 18 - 30s. An attractive, perky young woman who's a bit naive.

"F.B.I. Agents", any ethnicity, ages 30s to 50s, three intelligent and confident women, conservatively-dressed, government types, SUPPORTING ROLES

"EMT", any ethnicity, 20s - 30s. A dedicated and extremely competent woman.

For casting details, send email by September 15th to Auditions@rapidreply.net "

2. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    Thanks for the info, Ben-Kushaan - I didn't notice a shoot location though. :(

I think it's a great idea to post casting calls regardless if it's a fanfilm or not. This is good communication at work.

3. Ben-Kushaan_Exile

Ben-Kushaan_Exile Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2000
    I'm sure if you just send them a quick e-mail, they'll tell ya where the shooting will be.

4. glennth

glennth Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2002
    Not to mention the domain the address is on, is a non-existing one... Doesn't answer to pings, and definately not to e-mails.

5. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    It's legit, guys. A guy I know from a couple of my classes in the VPT program at Pellissippi is a involved in it. Last I heard, they were shooting already, so I don't know how old the information here is.

6. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Meanwhile ... looks like the Riley Poole roll has already gone to Justin Bartha.
    At least according to this article

You would have to guess that the location shooting will be mostly in the Northeast. DC, Philly, maybe Boston. I'm sure Touchstone has access to Disney studios in Florida, but they could shoot stage based scenes just about anywhere I guess.

Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.