main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Nidrails artwork-update 5/9-SW WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nidrail, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks, NLS :)

~N

2. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Hello Everyone!!

I got better pictuers of the Midriff gown and it is now on ebay! The auction starts tonight, (July 31, Monday) at 9pm Central time,
    and will end next monday, (august 7th) at 9pm central.
    It is a private listing!

here's the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170014233472

God Bless you all!
    ~N

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very pretty, Nidrail--be careful, though, about "advertising" on the forum--it's a "no-no" to offer things for sale in your thread. Showing a picture of your artwork is perfectly fine, but advertising it for sale isn't allowed. I do hope, though, that your auction is successful! ;)

FF

4. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    OH okay... SORRY!!! :eek: [face_blush] [face_worried] I didn't know, mostly becuase I hang out in the Costuming and props section, where that is allowed... VERY sorry about that! And thank you!

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Not to worry! You just didn't know--it happens a lot, and no harm done. We love to see the doll costumes, too--so don't hesitate to put up the links for those--they're art, too! ;)

FF

6. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Ok, thanks FF!!

My website should be done here eventually, and then I'll actually have a place to put all of the pictures. Thanks again!!

God Bless!
    ~N

7. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    OK I have finished another Dress!!!

And I have a website to put it on, finally!!

Soo.... here it is:

http://theroyaltailor.com/main.php

on the front page there is a link to the lavender nightgown. Thats the one I just finished. I'm getting a better detailed shot of the Japor Snippet, that'll be up in a few minutes.

Enjoy!

God bless!
    ~N

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Holy moly, Nidrail--that's astounding!! I can't get over the minute details you've captured in that costume, right down to the japor snippet--awesome! Like I said before, I can't even imagine how much work must go into one of these small masterpieces (not to mention going blind from trying to do all that teeny-tiny stitching!!)--I am in awe! It's just beautiful, right down to the hair and jewelry...gorgeous! =D=

FF

9. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Oh Thanks FF!! [:D] ROTFL!! Going blind over the stitching!! LOL!! You'd probably enjoy doing it, I think! :) Thanks again, this one is my favorite so far. :)

10. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    That dress looks better than in the movie. Great job!

11. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    :eek: [face_hypnotized] [face_blush] [:D]
    And I think that pretty much covers it :)

12. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    BTW the lavender dress is now on ebay. My signiture and website have the link :)

God bless!
    ~N

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Neat drawings.

14. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks SS!!

Hey Evybody I'm drawing another STAR WARS PICTURE!!!! :D
    It has to be done before August 29th and IN THE COMPUTER so when I'm done drawing it and scan it into the computer I shall also scan the other two drawings I've been putting off getting around to. SOOO.... august 29th or sooner, it will arrive!!

15. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Wow,amazing! The dressing is incredibly delicate, and the cloth is also very beautiful.

16. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks, NLS! This is my favorite so far-- I am going to end up making another one so I can keep it :)

17. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    WEEEL here's a new update, finally!!
    Anakin skywalker aka Darth Vader. I drew this one for the art class.
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/anakinnew2.jpg]

And then here's some elk I drew while in Colorado:
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/elk.jpg]

And a version I colored in photoshop:
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/elkcolored.jpg]

The third picture was Dwayne Wade, but after drawing that anakin I am completely unsatisfied with the
    results of DW's picture and therefore I will require some time to re-draw it, and also I will be using better paper
    that doesn't smudge all over the place. That one will be my next art update, sometime in the future.

Reviews & Critiscism welcome!!

Take care and God bless!
    ~N

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:=D=

WOW Nidrail!! Awesome drawing of Anakin!! Beautiful shading, excellent hair and a superb likeness--absolutely no question who this is! What a great rendering (and I'll just bet you get an "A" for this in art class! ;) )!! =D=

And I love your elk picture, too! I love these animals--so majestic and beautiful--and you did a great job with the landscape, too (especially love the flowers in the foreground--a very nice touch!)! Colorado is a gorgeous place, and you've done it justice in your drawing, I think! Well, well done!

Great update, and very much looking forward to more!

FF

19. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    I told ya on AIM, you've nailed Anakin's eyes and eyebrows perfectly! Not to mention the great clothes, with the layers and the folding is top notch! Hope you'll post the improved version that you showed me.

20. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL thanks FF!!
    I'm laughing just because there was so much I ended up having to redo on this one picture. :) Thanks for the review, I really really REALLY appreciate all the tips etc. you have mentioned already!! I can't wait to see more of your art too!

*hug for Gio* Thanks very much! The eyes are my favorite thing to draw... lol the rest of the face is hard! I appreciated the critique on it, I'll atempt to fix the shading soon!

Here's the finished vrs:
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/smalleranikan.jpg]

I spent more time on shading, hair and mouth this time around. Does it look better?

~N

21. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    WELL DW's pic is not yet uploaded. That will happen hopefully in a few days.

But I do have a non sw piece I did last year, which I did get uploaded. So here that is: It was done in pencil and then I colored it using colored pencil. I did not use photoshop at all.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Nidrail_335/lent.jpg]

PLUS in my next update I will have AT LEAST one new doll dress. This one is SW TPM and maybe ANH too.

Reviews and Critique Eagerly awaited!!

God bless!
    ~N

22. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Very nicely done w/ the colored pencil work, Nidrail. The shading of the terrain is particularly well done.

23. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you :)

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    A beautiful blending of scenes from Christ's life on earth, Nidrail--and I agree with Giolon that the terrain/cliffs/canyons look very good. I think the only teeny-tiny crit I might have on this is that the shadows from the crosses of the Crucifiction are falling a bit out of line with the "central light source" you've established (with Christ's assumption into Heaven, I'm assuming): the shadows would be angled more to the right of the frame, and they'd be more elongated (the farther a structure/feature is from the light source, the longer the shadow it will cast). I really like the coloring--very rich--and don't think I'm disrespecting, but Christ's little "feeties" hanging down from the clouds are really cute! :D :p Looking forward to the next portrait!

FF

25. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    AAAH Ok, thank you, FF!!! I love it when you critique things :) Always good advice. Yeah I can see that the shadows are off... RATS I can't go back and fix it, But I will remember for next time :)
    LOL you aren't the only one who thinks that's funny!! :)
    Thanks and soon and very soon I vill post more. [:D]

God bless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.