main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Nidrails artwork-update 5/9-SW WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nidrail, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    [face_love] The Colorado one really strike my fancy! I always dream to visit there......

2. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    CO is SSSOOOOO beautiful... once you get past Denver :) We traveled by car through Kansas... And suprisingly colorado was like that until we passed Denver. Once you get in denver you can see the mountains off in the distance, and before too long your IN them!!! OOOOH was that fun! Snow in the middle of july... let me think. YAH! :D I hadn't been there in 11 years but we went back this summer. Awesome temperatures... AWESOME FISHING SPOTS... awesome mountain views... yah. :) We passed all these continental divides a ton of times while we were there, too, made for some good pictures :D I hope you get to visit it soon!!

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Beautiful blending, Nidrail.

4. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks, SS! :)

5. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    No, its not more new artwork this time--That will come in a couple of days. MAYBE tomorrow. Anyway:

I'm conducting a poll.

Which would you rather see:

1: An Aayla Secura & Quinlan Vos doll set,
    2: An Aayla Secura & Kit Fisto Doll set,
    3: or An Aayla Secura doll by herself.

Thanks and I WILL post in the next few days with another portrait and more.

God bless!
    ~N

6. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    #3: Aayla by herself

Barring that
    #1: Aayla and Quinlan Vos set.

I hate Kit Fisto with a passion, ever since I first saw him.

7. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    REally!!! Wow! Very interesting...

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Sorry Giolon, but I'm going to have to vote for Aayla/Kit, and I blame Darth_Snuggle for it: she did some side-splitting "tabloid-style" illustrations of this pair that had everyone on the board FOTFL! In truth, I like all of these characters--Quinlan Vos is so hot!--but I always liked Kit's impish grin in that big arena battle in AOTC--in that one moment I decided he was cool! :p

I think you have winners regardless of the result of the votes, Nidrail--good luck with them!

FF

9. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    [:D]

Thank you, FF!!

LOL & I agree!! KF looked so pleased to have saved 3po from more mental agony, lol.

Thanks, FF!! I discovered a way to paint a WHOLE doll without the paint coming off at the joints whenever the doll is moved. So now I am excited to do An Aayla, and so far Kit/Aayla is winning-- I haven't seen much of their 'love story' from the comics, but they looked really really sweet, so how can I blame people for liking that? So who knows? Maybe I'll be able to do a kit very very soon as well!!

I'm still taking votes, too :)

Thanks to those that have voted!

God bless!
    ~N

10. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Hey Nidrail :) Wanted to say it's a crazy Jack Skellington doll you made... it's very impressive, it looks "pro" too! Same for the Padmé doll, it's very cute =)

About your poll: I vote for Kit/Aalya!

11. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Deanna!!

I actually don't have a Jack Skellington doll here, so I'm not quite sure of which one you speak. But thank you!!

And thanks for voting as well!! Its a close poll, but so far I believe we definately have a favorite!!!

God bless!
    ~N

12. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005

YAY AN ART UPDATE!!!!
    I FINALLY finished the dress I have been working on for some time now, and I have uploaded DW's picture as well. So, without further ado, here they are:

Dwayne Wade, Guard of the Miami Heat, MVP etc.
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/dwcomp.jpg]

Padme Amidala 16" Battle Gown
    http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/Battle%20Gown/

You all *should* be able to view that photobucket file--if you can't, let me know and I'll stick them somewhere else.

Reviews and Critique Eagerly awaited!!

God bless!
    ~N

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ooooo! Awesome portrait, Nidrail! What a great composition, having him jumping for the basket there along with the beautiful portrait! I love the smile--this looks like a very jovial person, and you definitely captured that! My only suggestion would be to continue studying aurelia-acc's work (which I know you're doing, now she's posting again--but look back through all the work in her thread, too)--deeper contrasts (lighter lights and darker darks) would go such a long way to making a piece like this just POP off the screen.

I know it's hard, trying to get that pencil to press down (and sometimes softer leads, such as Bs, can help encourage this)--we get a beginning we really love and are sooooo afraid of ruining it in the shading process!--but try doing this next time you're shading something and see what a difference it will make. Practice on things that aren't so important to you (some rough sketches you're not "in love with!"), really bear down and go for the deep dark darks, and I think you'll start to feel better about it!

And I love-love the Padme doll! What a fabulous job you did with that! BTW--I wanted to ask: do you get the dolls as Padme? The resemblence is amazing! Great work!

FF

14. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Yeah he's a smiler :) EXCEPT when he's playing basketball--then its game face on! :)
    Thank you!!!
    Ok, yeah I worry too much about messing things up... so I'll have to dig up some ancient portraits and work on them. Thank you for the tips!! And I most definately will study ACC's art-- its so beautiful how could I help but do so anyways? :)

Thanks about the dress too :)
    Actually believe it or not, the doll is a tonner kit--no modifying done at all. SOME DAY I want to get one and redo the hair & eyes so it actually is COLOR accurate to the real padme--but the dolls I have now I just can't bear to mess with!!! :( if you ever want to get a doll, I would definately recommend the tonners--he's got SO MANY gorgeous molds, it just depends on what your using the doll for :) & the outfits are just spectacular.

Thank you for coming by and reviewing, I really REALLY appreciate it!! [:D]

15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    =D= That is such a good portrait, the face looks so animated and full of character, and , as FalconFan has said, the composition is great, having him in action in the background.

As for criticism, again I'm going to agree with FalconFan: the picture is too grey - it needs stronger contrasts. Sometimes it doesn't seem realistic to go so dark on some areas and leave other areas completely white, especially when you tend to see them as slighty lighter or darker shades of grey, but it will help make a more dynamic picture when you increase those shadwows.

It really is a great picture.

16. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    OK, thank you!! I will work on that. Not at the moment though--I have a lapful of fabric and a needle in my teeth while I type ;)

But I will work on that. Thank you!!!

17. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Hello everyone!!!

No new artwork yet, but I just finished another Padme Gown for Tonner dolls and its now on ebay!!!

pictures are Here

Reviews & Criticism welcome!!!

God bless!
    ~N

18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    That's wonderful. Though I don't know much about working with textiles , your attention to detail looks amazing. It's really very beautiful.=D=

How long did it take you to make it?

19. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    thanks soits!!

sorry my asking--what are textiles?

this dress took me 4 days of almost straight work. it was fun though! I'm working on Sabe's battle gown now--hopefully I'll have that one done in a couple days. We'll see :)

Thanks for stopping in!!!

God bless!
    ~N

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Hi Nidrail and congratulations on your new status!=D=

The gown looks great!

I don't know if votings still open but I'd have to choose
    #2 An Aayla Secura & Kit Fisto Doll set

Always enjoyed both the characters, though I'm sorry I missed whatever set caused such a ruchus on these boards.

21. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Mitth_Fisto!!

and yes the voting is still open--its rather a running vote as I haven't done the doll set yet. I want to! I have the doll I'm going to make into Aayla, and I'm sure eventually after I get her done (and if she sells--YES I will be selling her) I'll make a Kit Fisto. He was one of my favorite jedi--GREAT smile! :D

There was a set that caused ruchus on the boards? I must have missed it to!!! any idea who by? I'll need to see this!

Thanks for stopping by!!!
    God bless you!
    ~N

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, the "Water Gown" is stunning, Nidrail!! =D= Sheesh!! I can't get over the detail you achieve with these small garments (I couldn't get that much detail in a full-sized costume!)--amazing! Perfect color, and I love the tiny flowers you have for her hair--the little japor snippet made me misty! :) Pretty-pretty-pretty!

And YAY on Aayla!! Can't wait to see that one! Or Kit Fisto--and yes, he does have a great smile! ;) The headtails on Securra are going to be quite a challenge, aren't they...? [face_thinking] Good luck!

FF

23. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Awww thank you FF!!! [face_blush] It takes a while, but I just LOVE doing it!!! I'm still trying to get in shape so I can make full size costumes that I'll wear FOREVER!!! :p :D

Actually the headtails aren't going to be too bad--I have some clay that is expensive but I bought it that will be a little bendable even after it hardens, so that way they won't snap if bent a little. They wont' be very poseable though :( I mean after I pose them when I make it. The hardest part is going to be painting her face. I am SOOOO excited to do this one--I just have to work a little on my teeny-tiny eye/lip/blush & eyebrow painting skills and then I'm at it!! She's going to be my crowning achievement and I will probably end up having to make another one for me :D I love twi'leks--especially when they are DRESSED! :D I think they're the some of the coolest aliens anyone's come up with so far!!

Thank you and I will need some luck to pull it off!!!

Thank you for stopping by!!

God bless you!
    ~N

24. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Well done on the Padme's dress. Just gorgious.

25. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    thanks, TOJP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.