main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Nidrails artwork-update 5/9-SW WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nidrail, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Cute gown pics!

2. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks SS :)
    *hopefully* by sunday I'll have another dress done. We'll see.

3. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    Hey. These're very beautiful dresses. It shows how much effort you put into making them, what with the detail and seemingly-flawless stitching!

Out of curiousity, how much do they go for on eBay?

4. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    'oly smokes! :eek: How do you do it? Besides being cute, she looks so lovely! Is it hard to find the right type of material or to get the same kind of look when styling? I love all the attention you put into it - In fact I can't get over that you successfully duplicated the Japor necklace! She's Beautiful! [face_love]

Looking forward to the Kyp Fisto!

- Suz ^_~

5. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Vandalier Thank you!! It takes quite a while to finish each dress, and some are far more difficult than others.
    Ebay prices are very widely ranging pricewise, being $150 and up to $540.

Your_Worhsipfulness
    Thank you!!! [face_blush]
    It is difficult to find the materials, if your a perfectionist. This dress, I've been waiting forever to find suitible velvet for it, and finally found some what was afully close, so there it is. It really depends on exactly how close to the origional you want it, and I try to go for gold :) There are some gowns which the material is far easier to find than others, but its all hit and miss.
    The midriff has been my biggest challenge so far to make its style look like the origional, as on a doll a pattern that's perfect for people and shrunk for a doll still made her look rather inflated. The Midriff took me about 4 1/2 weeks of intensive work and 4 different versions before I finally got it done.

More dresses coming VERY soon!!!

Thank you both for stopping in!
    God bless!
    ~N

6. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Hey everyone!!!

I don't have a moment to change the title of this thread, as I'm getting a few things together and flying out the door.

But my first ever Arwen Gown is done!!!!

http://theroyaltailor.com/requiem.html

There's a link to the auctoin, which starts sunday night, on the front of my website, linked to the picture of the water gown (The big one of her face only on the left)

TTYL and God bless!! I'll C U all Monday! Have a Smashing weekend!
    ~N

7. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    OH,That really strikes my fancy. I just love the ancient, religious feeling![face_love] You also match the color very well!

8. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    I finally finished this gown. Its a ooak gown, and I also made the jewelry. So heres a belated Happy Valentines day everyone, and God bless!!!

[image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/v6.jpg]
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/v5.jpg]
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/v4.jpg]
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/v3.jpg]
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/v2.jpg]
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/v1.jpg]

~N
    http://theroyaltailor.com

9. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    WOW! she is beautiful! you do have a talent for making doll clothes.

10. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    That is a gorgeous dress, Nidrail! That's something I'd love to see Daru in! Excellent job, your hard work clearly shows. Congrats on finally finishing it!

11. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Awww thank you ToJP & Gio, that's very nice of you! [:D]
    Happy V day! :)

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Well, how pretty is that?! =D= Lovely, and so appropriate for Valentine's Day! I love the way the bodice changes color from front to back, and the jewelry is beautiful, too. Very well done, and very, very pretty!

FF

13. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Aww thank you FF!!!!! [:D] THAT particular piece of trouble had me stumped for a week, lol! :D But it was fun, and I'm glad you like it! Those are the first earrings I've ever made for a doll, and they won't be the last! :)

LOL I've seen the bribing you've been going through, ("won't tell you what I think bout this pic till you draw a new picture...") lol :) And, I'm joining the band wagon! :p :D I still think you've got plenty of speed to be a professional artist. You just do so many at one time, it wears you out for a little while. But really, there's got to be somewhere you can use your incredible talent and make a good salary, too! I mean, your not doing comics, so you've got a period of rest time to recover from the pics you do :) At least, that's my Opinion. It might not be your passion, but if it is, I hope you can look into it some :) [:D]

God bless you!!!
    ~N :)

14. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    :oops:[face_blush] It would appear I managed to miss a post, and for a few months, too!

Thank you NL Skywalker for stopping in, I reallllly appreciate it! I'm glad you liked that dress! :) I just love the shimmery sleeves, and how it all drapes. And yah, she looked wonderful with that stone background! It was from the actual scene in the movie. Sorry I missed your post, and THANK YOU for stopping by!!! [face_hug]

Ok, now for the REAL reason I posted today: I finished a compilation of Giolon05's blue Twi'lek, Daru, in the dress I made for valentines day. So, here's the finished piece :)
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Nidrail_335/daruvalentine.jpg]

Also, here's an outfit I finished this month, the day we got our first snowfall. That was soooo cool! :D I love snow. So, I finished the outfit as much as could, but the snow was melting so I didn't get to complete the outfit till later that night. But, at least I got a couple cute pictures :)

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Nidrail_335/dolly2.jpg]
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Nidrail_335/dolly1.jpg]

I don't have ANY drawings in the works at the moment, unfortunately, but I've got 2 dresses I'm finishing (they're well under way, so hopefully they'll get done rather quickly, but we'll see) and also one I haven't taken pictures of yet. So I've got allot to post, and I'm sorry I haven't been around everyone's threads in a while! I'll try and drop in in the next few weeks to several of your threads, but life has become very wonderfully busy here, so my time is much more limited.

God bless you all and ttyl!!!
    ~N

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ha!! Daru looks fabulous in your Valentine dress!! How did you do this, btw--is it more PS magic? ;) She probably wouldn't know what to do with that long skirt, though, as she rarely wears anything but a few strategically-placed bits of metal and jewelry... ;) I like it!

And the "sweater doll" in the snow is wonderful--what a great little snowman! How tall was he, just out of curiosity (I think you told us once how tall these dolls are, but I forgot...)? He has all the necessary "snowman accessories:" the coal smile, carrot nose, the "branch" arms and the requisite hat! Great little pics!

FF

16. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    ROTFL!!! Yes, I can imagine that would be a problem for her ;) Yes it is PS magic :D I love photoshop, the different things that can be done with it are incredible and fun! The picture of Daru I used was the same one Gio made last year for valentines day.

The dolls are 16" tall, so the snowman was maybe 12 something inches tall? That was lots of fun :)

Thank you again for stopping in, FF, I always love it when you drop in :)

God bless you!
    ~N

17. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Aren't Nidrail's Photshop skills something else? I had commented to her that that dress would would look great on Daru, and she came up with that in a few hours! I'm still not happy w/ Daru's smile in that picture, but man it's pretty darn cool to see her in Nidrail's dress!

Nice job on the casual sweater / jeans set. I was going to ask how big those things are, since the doll looks really big in that picture, but I see you've answered that already.

18. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Aww thank you Gio! [:D] I'm glad you liked it. I think I'll end up having to redo it though with another pic of daru, but I haven't had time yet to dig through and find one in a pose that'll work. Someday, someday! :D

I'm glad the snow pictures turned out real-ish looking.

Thank you all, I love replies!!!!!! [:D]

19. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Ok, I am sadly laking in new drawings, its true. I have a few coming, though! I'm finally getting inspired again! :)

But in the meantime, I wanted to post this picture someone took, of Dark vader and Skywalker. And no, that wasn't a typo ;) I found it amusing, hopefully you all will too :)

Click here!

20. jedipencil

jedipencil Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 1 VIP

Oct 30, 2006
    Nidrail, those doll clothes are totally AWESOME!!! Your eyes must fall out sewing all those details...exquisite sewing!! I'll have to get one for my daughter one day...=D=

21. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you, Jedi Pencil [:D] I find the challenge incredibly enjoyable, although recently I was so exhausted from one I finished I didn't sew for several weeks. :)

[:D]

God bless you!
    ~N

22. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Now I have broadband I no longer fear your thread! :p

To echo what others have said, you skills are very impressive. There is so much attention to detail in your costumes, it's very professional.

The snow pictures look fantastic.

=D=

23. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    ROTFL!!!!

Thank you soits! I really appreciate it!

thanks for stopping by, and YAHOO for BROADBAND!!!! :D
    God bless you! [:D]
    ~N

24. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
  25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, you weren't kidding "stuff and lots of it!" ;) What fantastic work, and on such a small, small scale...I really admire the skill these dolls take! **respectful bowage** The Queen dress/doll is oh-so-pretty, as I've said before; Sabe is looking quite dramatic, with the "Kabuki" makeup (and what a fabulous job you're doing on her, with that complicated headdress and the face...)--this is going to be one spectacular doll when you finish her! =D= Seven-Of-Nine looks just like Jeri Ryan, the actress who played her--amazing likeness! And that line-up is something to behold (I find I'm really liking that little "armchair" that Sabe's sitting in--did you make that, too? :D )--they're all so pretty! What a talent you have for this (and I'm so glad you have such a loyal following of buyers, too--that makes it even better!)! Can't wait to see Sabe and Seven-Of-Nine done! ;)

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.