main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Night in a Strange Land ---- Yoda and Chewbacca vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lea-El, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Title: Night in a Strange Land
    Author: Lea-El
    Subject: Yoda and Chewbacca

He laid in the bed provided by his host. They had arrived after everyone was asleep in the family, so to keep from disturbing the whole house he graciously took the bed assigned.

It smelled strange, not that a Jedi Master was supposed to call another persons body's smells strange but this was unique. He turned on his back and let the Force carry him where it willed.

He laid listening to the sounds from outside. Word has it that here there are dangers that even the giant inhabitants avoid by living in the trees, wild howls and shrieks seemed right out of the opened window. Sleeping in a new place was never easy with the new Force signatures but this planet made even the Jedi Master uneasy.

Oh! Great!” Now his stomach started growling, sounding like answers to the creatures outside. “About the mission, think.” This was his first visit to Kashyyyk. “Why on undercover missions send me, do they? Blend in, I never can.” The host gave up on him trying to keep up and just picked him up and tossed him on his back. “Good it is, long hair they have.”

There was a lump forming under him, the Force didn't offer any warning so he reached under the mattress and pulled out the nub of a root. “Best thing I've smelt since arriving, it is.” So he started gnawing on it. “Humm! Good, it is.” Soon his stomach stopped growling and he snuggled into his robe and yawned.

Just then the moon came out from behind a cloud and his bed became visible for the first time. It was a wooden crate with tall slats at the head and foot of the bed and lower ones on the sides but what made him uneasy was there were chew marks on all the surfaces.
    Wild looking teeth prints, whatever had been in here really wanted out, badly.

So where former occupant, is now?” He wondered. He raised up on one elbow and reached out with the Force for dangers. “Nothing!”

Then the cloud came back and he was in total darkness again. He pulled his cape over him despite the warm weather and sank back down in his bed.

Just as he was dropping off to sleep he felt something climb over the rail and push him aside, one fluid motion and his lightsaber burred to life. The creature climbing in his bed let out a wail that woke the whole house.

Huge heavy footfalls came from every direction until he was surrounded. The apparent hostess picked up the wailing creature and started rocking him cooing soothing growls in his ears.

Yoda looked over at his host, who was looking at Yoda's lightsaber. He quickly disengaged it and the room was dark again. The host let out a loud “Humm!” and turned on a small light that looked like a beautiful flying bug and went back to his room.

Just as Yoda settled in his embarrassment and was about to go to sleep the host let out a roaring laughter and said in Wookie, “Chewie scared the brave Jedi Master, good boy.”

~`~`~

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice little story

Lea-El likes this.
  3. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    My first post in fanfic forums.

Lea-El, I like your Yoda. I like this scene.

My favorite line when I first read it was: Now his stomach started growling, sounding like answers to the creatures outside. On my re-read it was: reached out with the Force for dangers. “Nothing!” To me, a good story is one that can be enjoyed over and over and this passes the test.

Lea-El likes this.
  4. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    I don't think I have read a story by Yoda's point of view before. I would think it would be difficult to get into his head. I do know I would get a headache trying to figure out how to write his backwards-speak. You did a great job. Nice viggie!

Lea-El likes this.
  5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Cute! I like the Yoda POV. :D

Lea-El likes this.
  6. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Carlos Danger I only write Yoda stories what does that say about my head?

Frank T. Yay! Your first review in fanfic I'm honored. My favorite line was when the father noticed Yoda had pulled his lightsaber on his baby and the bug nightlight.

Thanks amidalachick Yoda pov is my favorite writing.

earlybird-obi-wan I appreciate your reviews.

7. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    yeah, I thought the lightbug was a good bit of creativity

Lea-El likes this.
  8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Tee hee hee... a cute little story from Yoda's POV. I enjoyed this a lot. :)

Lea-El likes this.
  9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Liked muchly. :)

Lea-El likes this.