main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Night of Light, Day of Darkness - Halloween Challenge Entry

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Cobranaconda, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Title: Night of Light, Day of Darkness
    Author(s): Cobranaconda
    Timeframe: Sometime after RotS
    Characters: [face_shhh]
    Genre: AU/Weirdness
    Keywords: Bizarre, as you would come to expect from me.
    Summary: Can't do without giving anything away.
    Notes: In response to the Halloween Challenge. 1000 words to the letter. The latter half of the title I stole from the Album/Song "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" by Green Carnation.

Night fell silently, blanketing the sun like a shroud over a corpse, blackness descending, slowing and creeping along the ground until it reached the horizon. The fact that it was a silent Night was a pleasant surprise to the Light, the cries and sonic booms of war having reigned supreme over the auditory levels for several years now. In all honesty, the silence was eerie, deafening, perhaps even scary or terrifying. It was like a void, an absence of all senses. The Darkness of the Night sky blocking vision, the silence pounding in the ears, a blank taste on the tongue, no fresh scent with which you would usually associate a cool Night with in the nose, and touch would be no more than the feel of two ships colliding in the skies above. It was so unnatural it was almost exciting, waves of anticipation rolling through the Light constantly, from the swell to the break, and then back. The Darkness seemed to move, caressing the Light?s flesh, as insensitive as it may have been at the moment. A powerful yearning coursed through the Light?s body, wishing to caress the Night in return. At the realisation that this was impossible, as the Day was of course also suffering from temporary paralysis in the Night?s grip, the Light mourned, for the Night seemed to be so tender and loving in its embrace, despite its cool and merciless ?public front?. A mild breeze teasingly ruffled the Light?s hair, and sent strands of it flying in every conceivable direction. The Night gleamed for a split second, meaning that there must be a stray beam of sunlight somewhere, lest the Night would have nothing to reflect.

The Light, if it had been able to, would have cried out, moaned with such intensity that the Night would answer the Light?s wishes and desires. But of course, Day?s vocal chords were also restricted by the Darkness? encroachments onto the Light. The Night seemed to force down on the Light, causing the Light to shift beneath the Night?s black veil, struggling to be able to shine once more. The very essence of Light?s being wished to radiate warmth and love again, and seemingly, the Night was allowing the Light to do this, albeit in its own twisted way.

With a sharp swift movement, the Darkness seemed to float up, taking the Light with it, howling out immortal cries, shattering the precisely layered tranquillity of the Night. Moving beyond all realms of belief and knowledge, the Day and Night, Light and Darkness, polar opposites, one as pure and beautiful as can be, the other vast and deformed, they ascended into the stars. Solstice and Equinox, wound so tightly that a greased proton could not slip betwixt them, explored the expansive and endless bounds of the Universe, all of its intricacies and all of its major events, visiting far flung nebular and recently formed supernovae. Amidst the whirling and twisting of the Light and Darkness, a bond was formed. The Light erased Darkness? shadow and the Darkness tainted Light?s glow. The sky, glistening, sat watching as the events unfolded; the winds sang in harmony as the echoes battered the clouds, shapeless, formless, the creatures all turned to stare. What emerged was a strange life form: lucid, yet unintelligible. Neither Light nor Darkness, but instead a swirl of opalescent glow that was replaced within a heartbeat by the shimmerings of an Onyx void. It was not grey, nothing so trivial, but it was most certainly attractive, combining both of the metaphysical aspects of the parent forms and using them to transcend the plane of being, and into the realm of utter bliss. Both the Light and the Darkness realised this, and both wished nothing more than t

2. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    This was fun to read, Cobra! I have to say that I'm impressed. This was all very lyrical and poetic. Well done!! =D=

I didn't know you wrote as well as read! I look forward to more of your work in the future.

3. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I don't write very often, but when I do it's always very lyrical and moody, which is why I rarely have any readers :p

4. doc4converse

doc4converse Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2005

This was one of my favorite lines. Beautiful, Cobra. :cool:

5. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004

Night fell silently, blanketing the sun like a shroud over a corpse, blackness descending slowing and creeping along the ground until it reached the horizon.

That alone sent shivers down my spine. Very good Cobra @};-

6. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Thanks doc and Jada :)

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Nicely done Cobranconda. That was lovely.

8. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Lord_of_all_Noldor Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2005
    Hehe. Pretty cool. =D=

9. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Leona: Lovely? Even with all of the Gothic inspired stuff? :p

Lord_of_all_Nolder: Thanks. But I have betrayed the Mathematicians! I actually wrote A/P. I'm disgusted with myself :p

10. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    That was excellent, Cobranaconda! =D= =D= I'm really proud of you. :p

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] I can't belive that you wrote an A&P fic. LMAO
    Anyway, it was pretty good. Descriptions are nice, though mushy at moments. :p

I still can't belive you did an A&P fic. You're braking my cold, mathematician's heart. :p

12. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Ana: I hate myself now. Thanks though.

Heda: I know. I'm a traitor! I'm so sorry! :_| Thanks for reading though.

13. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    I know this may sound silly, but can we expect more A&P iction from you soon? :p

14. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    :eek:

I most certainly hope not

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.