main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Night on the town

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthDahc, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I say someday like near the end of febuary, begining of marh that we go downtown in costume, with swap cards, and just hang out in the city passing out cards and going into city shops and stuff what do you think?

2. pie751

pie751 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2002
    No, if I did that I'd have to beat the crap out of myself if no one downtown did it for me.

3. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    well, I think it sounds cool

4. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    pie, it could be arranged

5. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    I forgot to brign this up at the meeting, but how's it sound?

6. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    i think it sounds fun, show ur Star Wars pride

7. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    To do,yes.I think I'd like to see about 8 or 10 of us to really make it worth doing (don't get me wrong as I' not saying that it's not worth doing).With a # of us like that it'd have a better impact and make for a more possitive situation.
    Wadda ya tink?

**EDIT: ONCE AGAIN THE MR. WAS LOGGED IN AS ME ~ THIS WAS POSTED BY JEDI_1966 NOT ME :) **

8. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    look up look up
    This was really ME (again...)

9. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    great idea DD i like it!

10. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I think it sounds like fun - I'm always looking for an excuse to dress up in my Jedi robes.

11. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    I'd do it too, but not till I have my TIE Pilot costume finished (which should be by the end of the month). My IRG costume is tough to walk around in and see out of to be out on the street! Don't want to end up an Imperial hood ornament! :D

12. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Yeah, I could see your head on the hood of a big white Caddy like the one Boss Hog drives in the Dukes of Hazzard instead of the Bull Horns CK!!! :p [face_laugh] :p [face_laugh]

13. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    I'd wear my Padme picnic dress that i wore to the Imax premeire, and i am still trying to find who took a pic of me and my neighbor....

14. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    *claps hands*
    I like the sound of that- I'll just have to warn my parents so they don't come downtown that day and be embarrassed by my shinanigans. ^_~

15. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    Cool so when should we do this?

16. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    i think it should be when it is WARM, not on a day like today

17. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Warm day! Hmmm, perhaps summer not the middle of figgin' Pittsburgh winter. I hate being cold.

Actually, I'd rather go out and do something and hand out cards while we are doing it (like we did at IMAX) What if we went to Kennywood, and while in line and walking around the park handed out cards???

18. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    Kennywood? i love Kennywood! can u belive i didn't go ONCE last year?

19. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmmm Kennywood ya say? that'd be cool though would our memebers be able to get in with Lightsabers,forcepikes, etc? or the better question are we big enough for a group rate?

20. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    our company has our annual picnic @ kennywood and we are able to get tickets at 1/2 price. It's usually in june/july = if everyone can wait till then I can get everyone 1/2 price tickets

If we don't want to wait that long, I could call and try to get some kind of discount for just us. Maybe this could be our picnic?

21. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Hmm.. true.
    June my school has their annual Kennywood day..
    June would be good, however, if we're just going to walk around and not fry, May would be good too..

22. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    Aren't you the one who told me hot and cold are just figments of your mind?

23. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    ^_~
    Yes.. but only when they're in small doses.. :D
    The Matrix, is not real, after all, methinks.. ^_~
    *dances around*

24. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    I wanted to do this on a good day in like march accually cause it wouldn't be too hot or too cold

25. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Okay, I'm going to start a thread about this but since you folks metioned Kennywood, i mention it here first.

As most of you know I work for the University of Pittsburgh and we have an annual Day at Kennywood. I was going to propose that we have a club day there.

now here's the great part. Since I am Staff here I can get tickets for the University day for $17 each for an all day ride pass and $5 for general admission. Currently they are around $27-29 for an all day ride pass. We would have to use them on the same day as the University but if you want exposure then this is it because it will be Students/faculty/and Staff there. We sell out of tickets every year. (which is about 6,000)

It is usually the last Sat in July. This year it is Sunday, August 3rd

LMK, if anyone is interested.

BTW, the date can not change if you want that pricing. if the tickets are used on any other day than the "PITT" day there isat least a $5 service charge. (Still that only brings the total to $22 ea if we were to use them on a different day.)

Please though let's not get into a big discussion about what day is best. For the cost of tickets, exposure to a large group etc, it would be best to just go on the same day as PITT.

I know that it may not work for a couple of you just keep in mind that it is not until August and you can start making plans for that now.

EDIT: PLEASE SEE KENNYWOOD thread for correct dates and prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.