main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Nightmares- First/Last Line Response - Jaina, Luke, Tenel Ka

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Title: Nightmares
    Author(s): FelsGoddess
    Timeframe: Immediatly after Invincible
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Luke Skywalker, Tenel Ka, Jacen Solo
    Genre: Angst, Supernatural
    Keywords: angst, challenge response
    Summary: Our minds torment us. Our anchors bring us home.
    Notes: Response to the First Line/Last Line Challenge. The quote reminded me of the song "Welcome" off of the second disc of Christina Aguilera's album Back to the Basics and the music video for her song Hurt.

[b]"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to violence, the word and the act." Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! [/b]

Life was a circus.

Her Jedi robes were a costume gown. She stood in a prison of her own mind, waiting to be pulled once again by her puppet masters. Her hair was pulled tight against her scalp; pins holding it in a complicated bun. The corset of her costume cinched her waist impossibly small while a stiff gauzy skirt flares from her hips. Her feet were bound in tight shoes.

The lights dimmed as she stepped onto the stage; her hands were held out for balance and pose. A dark being entered from the opposite side of the stage. The audience watched in fascination as she drew her sword and they began to dance. Applause sounded through the room as she thrust her blade through the heart of the man. The overwhelming applause exploded into jeers, criticism at the death, at the loss of life. She tried to escape, but was pushed by the hands that forced her back into the spotlight. Tears rolled down her pale, bruised cheeks. Blood trickled from the corners of her mouth. The crescendo of hatred swelled, growing louder and louder until the ceiling and windows began to crack. Pieces fell to the ground. One shard sliced open her once pristine cheek.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to violence, the word and the act,? a cold voice said mockingly.

The ceiling came crashing down, knocking her to the floor. Glass exploded, carving tiny rivers all over her body. The blood stained her dress and shoes. The audience began to express empty sympathy. Rain poured from the exposed sky, washing her skin clean. It was cold, like death. Death would not claim her today. It taunted her, like a child on a playground. She must live, it said. There is more for her to do.

[i]What,[/i] she demanded into the silence of her mind. [i]What will you take now?[/i] She had already lost her younger brother. She had already killed her twin. She had lost her aunt. She had lost her youth, her innocence.

The sympathy turned into catcalls and insults. Murderer. Killer. The pieces of ceiling were not pushing hard enough to kill her. The glass did not cut deep enough. She pushed the debris aside and stood. She looked around frantically. There was nowhere to hide. Her mind and the audience became one, taunting and cutting her down.

She fell to her knees, hands pressed against her temples. It was lost. She couldn?t find her way out. That flicker of strength was rapidly dwindling. She clawed her scalp with her nails as she tried to rip out the pins. She began to shake as she stared at her bloody fingers. She smashed them to her face.

Warmth began to chase away the cold. Two hands pried hers away from her face. She blinked once, twice, but could not see.

A voice called over a vast distant for her, telling her that it will be okay, that she needed to fight. She recognized him. She opened her eyes and saw his green ones staring at her. She grasped his hands and stood. Her hands trembled as they found his cheeks. He pulled her lips to his.

And she woke. The smells of the Med Ward assaulted her. Her eyes searched frantically for him, but he?s wasn?t there. She closed her eyes and reached out. She could feel his lingering presence. She could feel his concern, some distance away.

A soft smile graced her lips as she clutched her anchor and drifted into a dreamless sleep.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Her red hair cascaded behind her as she floated through the grotto. Foamy bubbles outlined her body. She suddenly sank into the water. Her eyes st

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Well, this had me hooked with the first sentence.

Absolutely awesome. :cool:

My favorite nightmare -- if you can call a nightmare favorite -- was Luke's.

?Oh but I am. I am every failure, every mistake you ever made. Remember when you lied about the speeder accelerate and Beru crashed? Remember when you didn?t listen about Cloud City? Remember Callista? Remember Anakin? Do you remember having to face my parents after the mission you approved caused him to die? Remember me, Uncle Luke? Do you remember how I fell? Do you remember that I killed your wife? Do you remember that you killed Lumiya out of anger? Do you remember what I did to Ben? Do you, Uncle Luke? Failures don?t go away. They are with you forever.?

=D=

Great job!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Amazing and compelling challenge response. =D=

Tenel Ka's section was touching by the end.

Luke's assuring in the end. :)

Jaina's -- so very true. :D

4. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Oh I hate what LOTF did, but I do love this fic. Good challenge response indeed.

5. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Wow. What a powerful line, and you certainly did a great job of it!
    Three nightmare sequences- that sent chills down my spine. Luke's was especially powerful- so creepy and yet so real. Great job!

6. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Very powerful. It's hard to be reminded of the tragedy from LotF but I thought you wrote eloquently about the emotions that would remain long after that storyline.

7. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    This was wonderful! I love the theme of nightmares haunting them and anchors saving them. Jacen really did a number on his whole family, didn't he?

Really unique and interesting take on Jaina's dream.

=D=

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great writing showing us the nightmares LOTF had to bring to Jaina, Luke and Tenel Ka

9. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Well done.

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Ceillean
    Well, this had me hooked with the first sentence.
    Absolutely awesome. cool

Thank you very much.

My favorite nightmare -- if you can call a nightmare favorite -- was Luke's
    His turned into my favorite too.

Jade_eyes
    Amazing and compelling challenge response. applause
    Thank you!

Tenel Ka's section was touching by the end.

A bittersweet situation. She has her daughter, but there was a cost.

Luke's assuring in the end. happy
    He'll always have that reminder, at least.

Jaina's -- so very true. grin
    Very much so.

JediMara77
    Oh I hate what LOTF did, but I do love this fic. Good challenge response indeed.
    Thank you very much.

SithGirl132
    Wow. What a powerful line, and you certainly did a great job of it!
    Thank you.

Three nightmare sequences- that sent chills down my spine. Luke's was especially powerful- so creepy and yet so real. Great job!
    His was the middle ground. Jaina's scene was pure fiction, Luke's had the sense of some realism and Tenel Ka's was a scene. All were twisted dreams, but their realities varied.

TKeira_Lea
    Very powerful. It's hard to be reminded of the tragedy from LotF but I thought you wrote eloquently about the emotions that would remain long after that storyline.

Thank you very much. More often than not, it seems like mental and emotional damage from then is ignored.

Tarsier
    This was wonderful! I love the theme of nightmares haunting them and anchors saving them. Jacen really did a number on his whole family, didn't he?

Yes, he did.

Really unique and interesting take on Jaina's dream.
    I wanted it to be completely out there, like she was trapped in a circus or role. Thank you.

earlybird-obi-wan
    Great writing showing us the nightmares LOTF had to bring to Jaina, Luke and Tenel Ka
    Thank you very much.

Solo_and_Fel
    Well done.
    Thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.