main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Nights Under Gus Talon - A Corellian Story

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by blubeast1237, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060126225530/starwars/images/d/d4/Corellia.jpg]

"My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can." - Cary Grant

It seems that people forget sometimes that everything does not exist on a large scale. Sometimes the tiniest thing can change the lives of multiple people in a small community which, to them, is their galaxy. For some people, the lights of Coronet City will be the only things they will see in their entire life.

The Clone Wars are terrifying for those who have to fight it and live with it all around them at all hours of the day and you will often hear their grand tales being retold on Holonet. But, despite how great their adventures may be, people often forget the little guy. The guy who patrols your city's streets at night to make sure you sleep soundly at night and wake up in the morning. My point is:

That guy matters too.

But people don't give him his dues. Despite earning it by protecting and serving, they rarely get Holonet specials or front page stories or their picture taken with Senators. These streets are crawling with the vilest criminals from the dirtiest pits in the galaxy and I don't see some Jedi Knight in shining armor coming down to smite the wicked. The little guy has stories too and sometimes they need to be told.

------

Nights Under Gus Talon is a small, noir RPG focusing on individual stories on the planet Corellia. The main story revolves around two CorSec Officers and their entire lives as it pertains to their jobs as they pursue an escaped convict. This is life, ladies and gentlemen, and that's all there is too it.
    ------

"Dying is the most embarrassing thing that can ever happen to you, because someone's got to take care of all your details." - Andy Warhol

This is a small game, so besides my two main characters, I will only be leaving the game open to one or two more interested party. The way this works is there is no character sheet, just PM me your own OP(Opening Post) that describes where you character came from, how they are living, where they are in their lives, and where they want to go with it. Basically, details about your character, because no one can describe your creation like you can.
    ------

[image=http://www.compufort.com/users/ivanova/Corran/corsec.jpg]

Rules:
    The rules are pretty simple. Follow the TOS, respect each other, the GM's word is law, and put some effort into your storytelling because we are trying to build a tale together, so let's make it good.

-blu

2. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Blu was kind enough to say he trusted me and that I could post up what I created. Lets hope the trust was well earned shall we?

My name?s Adrien, Captain Adrien Phal. I?m nobody you?ve heard of, or probably even care to hear about. Don?t let the Captain rank fool you. I?m no dashing smuggler or decorated war hero. I?m not out there sitting in a plush chair or fitted with the finest of armor fighting a War. Well no that?s wrong I?m fighting a war all right but not the Clone war.

No I?m a captain in the Corellian Security Force. Underpaid and under appreciated I patrol the streets of Coronet City and keep her people safe. My war is with crime, and while you won?t see any conflict updates on the HoloNet about my war, its just as deadly, and just as dangerous. Sure I don't have droid armies or fleets to fight, but I do have gangs and criminals to take down. And I don't have any fancy clone army to back me up.

Corellia is my home, it always has been. I was born here, I was raised here. The only time I?ve ever actually left the planet was on a school trip to Tralus. I was 12, so its been a while. This is the greatest place in the Galaxy, but also one of the most dangerous, it needs to be protected, so when I was young I joined the CorSec Academy.

My parents were proud. Natural born Corellians, the both of them, they, like me, like most of us, have a natural pride for our world. So that pride transferred over into a pride of me protecting her. Of course pride in your planet doesn?t a CorSec officer make. No the training was hard, it was rough, and I enjoyed it.

I graduated in the top 10% of my class, earned the rank of Corporal, which sounds fancy but is pretty low, and given a beat. That was of course fifteen years ago. Things have changed since then. Petty thieves, murderers, a few gangsters, every thing you could think of. Coronet?s the greatest city in the Galaxy, but she?s also got some of the darkest recesses.

Now I?m a Captain. I could be in charge of my own small precinct but I don?t want a desk job. My place is out here, on the streets, with my S-5 blaster at my side and my patrol speeder at hand I do my best to keep the streets of Coronet safe. The jobs not glamorous, the pays certainly not worth it all, but its the best damn job in the Galaxy. And if you gotta do something in life, best do something you love.

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rella Trance

Rella woke out to the sounds of rain. Wonderful. She didnt remember seeing rain in the weather report for today. She groaned as she turned over, trying to get back to sleep. She caught a peek at her chronometer.

4am. Rella snorted as she turned her head, punching her pillow. 'STANG!' she muttered as she sat up on her bed. No way she was going to get back to sleep now. Might as well get up, and do something. She didnt like just simply laying around. No, she needed to be doing something.

She would be going in early. She had wanted to ask her Captain to put her on the night shift. For that's when things got interesting on Corellia. That's when putting in a good nights work could take on an entirely new meaning. Things had been a bit slow. No, perhaps slow was not the right word. They still had their petty thugs, and all the smaller bits of trash that normally happen within a city. But it was nothing. At least nothing not to get her noticed. She had busted herself hard to get up in the ranks. And she needed work. Something real, not the petty trash they kept throwing at her. Her pop's name got her some leeway. But not much. The rest she worked on herself. She wasnt going to be accused of kissing her way to the top.

Rella headed for the 'freshner. As she did she passed where she had laid out her uniform. Her CDEF lay nearby, along with her holdout blaster, and stun batallion she carried. CorSec. Her finger gently traced the emblem on her collar. The heart of Corellian. The Corellian Security Force. Rella gently touched the gray and khaki uniform she had prepared for the day.

Her dad had been in service. Yeah, he was good at his job too. Course now, they didnt have the extra crap they have now, with this bloody war. Refuges came here, trying to flee the horrors. Course, where people with little to lose come, so do the darker elements. But Corellia was a proud planet, and a proud people. And they were not about to allow the scum of the universe to gain a foothold on their homeworld.

Rella went to her workout room, and began to exercise. Rella kept in shape. She had to. Very few crooks, with the exception of Hutts were slow and fat. And many of them had bodyguards, so she had to stay on top of her game. Exercise. Weight training, and martial arts. Much more than Corsec tought them. Then again, she was raised with brothers. Nothing new to her. She exercised at home. Didnt feel like running into an ex. After exercises, she grabbed a towel and headed into the kitchen. She stopped by a mirror, and gave herself a good look.

'27. Athletic. Brown eyes peering out from a mop of dirty blonde hair. No gray hair yet. Yep, still got it.' She kept going into the kitchen.

Oh yeah, she had tried the married stuff awhile back. If felt long ago. She wondered how her parents had even managed it. She didnt. Luckily, it fell apart before any kids came around. At least they parted friendly. Mostly friendly. Not like she shot him or anything. He couldnt handle her dedication to the job. Especially after her dad had died. It was like she had to fill in the void he had left. But he had had a good run. Retired out and all.

Rella poured herself a cup of caffa, and sat down, gently drinking it, as she decided on what to eat. Yeah, dad died. Left a younger sister and brother, along with her mother. They lived up in the mountains. Stang, did she miss that place. Dad bought it after he retired. Good place. Maybe she would go up there and visit them in a few months. She was always so busy. But she did at least call them regularly. She didnt like her mom to worry. Not like her older brother. Nobody had heard from him in years. It had been ugly, when he left. Dad had stopped speaking to him. But she didnt. She could understand. He sent her holo-letters ever so often. Rella smiled, as she went into the kitchen for some caffa. No, she could see herself in no other job.

"Why am I thinking of this, now?' Rella muttered to herself, as she walked over and grabbed a few things to eat. She quickly decided on some soup, br

4. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Sorry for the long post, guys. Just setting the stage.:p

Deputy Chief Ralph Trammer
    -One CorSec Plaza

Ralph wondered how he would take it. Around the plaza, Ralph Trammer was known as the Baron of Bad News, since it was a joke that most bad news came from him in CorSec. It was a joke, of course, but it troubled Ralph how often the title fit him. Relative to what Captain Phal could be having told to him, this was relatively small. Small in comparison to, say, being told that his entire family had been killed in a crash.

What troubled Ralph was the history of Adrien Phal and CorSec. His parents were natural born and bred Corellians and Adrien had shown more promise in the academy than most Captains they had now. He was, overall, an easy guy to get along with. One could tell he was a natural Corellian. He had the accent and the swagger of one who was proud to be serving the same streets he grew up on. Even the division he reluctantly oversaw had nothing but the utmost praise for their Captain.

Which was why Ralph Trammer would feel bad about ripping him away from his division.

It was no secret that Adrien Phal did not like to run his division. No, that was incorrect. Phal loved his division and the people that served under him, it was just that everyone could see that the streets was where this man thought he could do the most good. Maybe it was true, which was why Ralph did not feel totally bad about, basically, demoting him.

His headcom buzzed and Ralph pressed his secretary's button. Her voice, clear and sweet as the day he had hired her, spoke into his ear.

"Deputy Chief Trammer, Adrien Phal is here. Would you like me to send him in?"

"Yes, Ms. Linal, send him in." Ralph said calmly back. He straightened up in his chair, but there was no need. Despite everything that was said about him, Ralph was extremely official when it came time to deliver less than good news. Some people thought he took pride in it, but he did not. Not at all.

Adrien Phal walked into his office and, at Ralph insistence, took a seat. Ralph cleared his throat. "Captain Phal, you're being transfered to the Smuggling Interdiction Division." He let it float through the air for a moment, before continuing. "Don't worry about your squad, they have all been made aware of this and will be given their new assignments upon their arrival today."

Ralph tapped his headcom again, nodded slightly in confirmation of something that Adrien would not be able to hear, and then said, "Send him in."

The door opened behind Adrien. Crussell Hortega walked through the door. He was a small man, with glasses, pale skin, and dark hair that ended below his ears. It was absurdly obvious that this man was younger than Adrien, but he definitely had an air of authority about. It almost bled out of him. He nodded his head at Ralph. "Deputy Chief." He waited, looked Adrien over, inspecting him. "Captain Phal, can you come with me?" He was not CorSec, meaning he held no direct power over Adrien, but Ralph Trammer did, and he nodded at Adrien to follow Hortega.

------
    -Gir's Cantina, Blue Sector

The sun was still just coming up, traffic was slow, but steadily picking up speed. Hortega had said little while he had been driving, but thought that he had let Adrien brew enough. "Your Deputy Chief holds you in high regard, Captain. You were not the first choice on our list, but the job is certainly yours now."

Without taking his eyes off of the skylane, Hortega reached into the backseat and handed Adrien a file. "Inside, you will find the picture of a little girl. Her name is Julia Rewlas. She was kidnapped off of Coruscant two days ago and transported here. We had her on our radar until she landed in Coronet City yesterday, since then she has disappeared."

So, Hortega was from Coruscant, it would explain some things to Adrien, such as the way Hortega dressed and carried himself, but there nothing about the man that screamed Coruscant. He said nothing when they stopped and did not continue until they were inside

5. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Captain Adrien Phal
    Deputy Chief Ralph Trammer's Office

-One CorSec Plaza

Adrien ran a gloved hand through his combed back brown hair as he stood outside Chief Trammer?s office. Being called to Trammer?s office was never a good thing. It generally ended with whoever was being sent learning they?d lost a partner, a promotion, and in a few cases a job. Needless to say the Corellian was a tad bit nervous, but he hid it well.

He didn?t wait long though. Only a few moments after arriving the Secretary nodded for him to go in. With a deep breath Phal straightened up and entered the Cheif?s office and gave him a crisp salute. He didn?t however have a chance to introduce himself as Trammer got straight to the bad news.

"Captain Phal, you're being transferred to the Smuggling Interdiction Division." Had he not been prepared for bad news Adrien might have winced. The news however hit the Officer like a blaster shot to the chest. Phal may not have preferred running his precinct over street patrols, but SID was even further from the street than the SO Division.

Trammer continued, keeping Adrien from thinking about the news too much. "Don't worry about your squad, they have all been made aware of this and will be given their new assignments upon their arrival today." That was good at least. Adrien loved the men and women under him like the best of friends, knowing they?d be taken care of was a small bit of relief.

------
    -Gir's Cantina, Blue Sector

Blue Sector, Adrien thought to himself. Even when on official business the off-worlder?s always seem to come here. Adrien should know, Blue Sector was the location of his first patrol beat. And a good three quarters of all the arrests and citations he made in that beat were off-worlders. Everything from a drunk to someone looking for a good time in one of the elicit brothels.

Thinking about the good old days was nice, considering he?d just been shafted by his superiors for some reason. Whatever that reason this man, this Hortega as he had introduced himself, knew. But the man was silent for the moment, probably to allow Adrien to think about what had just happened. It was unnecessary. ?I don?t want to seem rude,? He began, ?but if you could tell me why I?ve been transferred I?d appreciate it.?

Hortega started with the standard blow softener. How Trammer held him in high regard and how they didn?t want to transfer him but had to. The first was probably true, the second was nothing but skrag and Adrien knew it. Whoever this guy was, he or his superiors had probably requested Adrien by name. With a sigh Adrien pressed on. ?Thats well and nice but it doesn?t answer my question.?

Without so much as batting an eye or any reaction at all to Adrien?s words Hortega reached into the back and pulled out a folder. Handing it to Adrien he continued, "Inside, you will find the picture of a little girl. Her name is Julia Rewlas. She was kidnapped off of Coruscant two days ago and transported here. We had her on our radar until she landed in Coronet City yesterday, since then she has disappeared."

Well that made some sense. Coruscant had bungled their job and were now putting it on CorSec to fix their problems. It was typical Coruscanti arrogance really. They screw up, let someone else

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Jerrod Chambers

The city screams in the night. It's not a loud scream, but a low siren call that drowns out the monotony of every day life. Easy to speak over, but if you sit still and just listen, you can hear it. The high pitch hum of the streets flows into the darkness as people make their way from whatever dingy, smoke filled, spice joint they found to wallow in for a few hours. The rain provides the percussion as it's rhythmic drops pelt the pavement, glass, and metal all around. The lights of the neon signs create an absurd rainbow of color onto the black ground below. The shadows move as the light flickers. Like a circus of false movement, the light dances like the city. Wet and inconsequential, but still it goes through its motions. As if to say, ?I exist because I can move?. And yet the world doesn't care. The galaxy doesn't care. This is Coronet City. And it is my city.

My apartment is like a cage, the city lights behind the blinds provides the bars that trap me in my cell. Like teeth jutting into the room, the shadows close in around me, pulling me into despair as I realize what life has and always will be for me. This room, this city, and little else. Restless, and needing a smoke, I pull on a casual suit and throw on my large gray leather coat. The ends barely scrape the ground, dragging the shadows around with me as I remove my favorite hat from the rack. The sound of steady rain pulls me out into the street, it's slow beat like the come hither tap of a beautiful woman on my window. The sidewalk was slick with wetness as it reflected the city upon itself. Tall, elegant, beautiful, but with shadows in all the right places, I'd dealt with many women just like this city. Pretty on the outside but an underbelly so slimy it'd make a Hutt blush.

The rain continues to count time as I light the cigarette. The drips quickly becoming vapor as I bring the orange flicker to my mouth. I breath in the deep aroma, holding it in for a second to savor the wooden taste before expelling it in a clenched breath. The smoke rises into the shadow of the alleyway where I find myself. The smell of wet garbage and animals invades my nostril as I begin to walk towards the corner bar. A little dive called Nightmare Alley. Dark, filled with smoke, and serving up liquor all night, the only lights caused by a few low hanging ceiling fixtures, each only enough to illuminate the table they hovered. They know I'm a cop there, and I know that they know. A nice little balance that allows me to drink in peace. It doesn't hurt that I scratch their back and they scratch mine.

Drinking, smoking, and being a cop. Bout all I'm good for these days. My wife, ex-wife, she was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I was working the detective beat one night when she strolled in through the office door. The lights from outside cast a glow over her hourglass figure as she strutted in to my office. Her gown was a deep lavender and two sizes too small, her hair flowing like silk but burning like fire, her eyes sharp as ice but deep as the ocean. A brief glimmer of light in this dark city. She needed help, as did most who entered through the CorSec doors. And I was the man for the job. Young, naïve, and full of hopes and dreams...I fell headfirst. I solved the crime, won the girl, and we moved in with each other. Within a year we were married. Within three months after that, our daughter was born. It was a relationship of passion. But passion alone can't stoke the flames, and soon the rain and darkness crept in on our lives. I began to drink, smoke, even taste a bit of spice now and then. She...grew distant. She began pursuing interests elsewhere, including the man she's married to now. When Bridget left me for some rich company man, she took our Jewel. The courts agreed to it, of course. Who would you give custody to? The down on his luck drunk Inspector who is now habitually single, or the stable couple with the mansion outside of Coronet? It was easy for them, I was unfit. It's been only recently that I even received rights to have her on eve

7. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    OneWay Village, Coronet City

OneWay Village was a quiet neighborhood. It was one of those places that the inhabitants did not get a lot of sun, nor did they want to see the sun, and the buildings happily obliged by blocking the light from reaching the place until about nine or ten o'clock. OneWay was built below a maglev train station meaning there was a lot of noise and a thick, everlasting layer of smog settled on the place. This was a place that no one ever wanted to be, but somehow, people always found themselves knocking on its door asking for a place to stay.

Since the divorce, this was the only place that Inspector Chambers could afford. The people were cool once you got to know them, everyone knew everyone's name, but that's not always the kind of you want to be. The entire apartment complex knew that Chambers was CorSec. Some got along with him, some didn't, but the common consensus was that no one messed with him. However, there was one person out of about five on Corellia that could mess with Jerrod and get away with it. That person was a dark skinned, long legged, curly black haired beauty who's thick body frame drew more than a few stares whenever she walked the halls of CorSec Plaza. She could've been a model, but as she had told Jerrod on their first patrol, daddy wouldn't let her.

Kelly Milkstar leaned against his cruiser wearing, basically, the same CorSec outfit he had on, but it was tighter on her, fitting fine on all the right places, and she looked a hell of a lot better wearing it than Jerrod Chambers did. Kelly used to be his partner, but after seeing what her partner was becoming during and after his marriage, she had requested a transfer to Special Ops. She had her arms folded and an impatient and sassy look on her face. When she saw him there was a flash of something of concern, though quickly replaced with disappointment. People had always said there was something between Milkstar and Chambers, but nothing had ever come to fruition.

She clicked her teeth and shifted her weight. "You look a damn mess, Jerrod." She paused, looking him up and down. "Come on, I'll give you a ride." When she moved and started towards her car, Jerrod could see that he multiple parking tickets on the windshield and that his cruiser was clamped to the ground, meaning it wasn't going anywhere until he paid a release fee.

------
    Manny Owen's Diner

Kelly had seen Jerrod hungover before and she had to admit, the man had a strong system. She ordered them two cafs and two breakfast plates. The diner was a lively one. There was music playing, families carrying on conversations, and people generally preparing to start out a new day. Her eyes drifted to a family at the bar. A father, a mother, and a daughter not much older than Jerrod's little girl was. She had been at the hearing when they had given him the rights to see her every other weekend, but she knew that that was not enough for Jerrod. The silence between them hung for a moment and it did not look like he was going to be the one that broke it.

As their food arrived, Kelly leaned on her hand, her index finger poking her temple. "You know, I met your new partner a couple days ago. Her name's Bella or Rella. Cute girl, young, in shape. She's Trance's daughter. Just got promoted to Inspector a week ago. How's Jewel?"

They talked for a little longer, as their respective shift times drew closer. She paid the bill and they walked to the cruiser. "You should get yourself together, Jerrod." The beginning of a lecture, he would sense. But, no, she did not continue with the lecture. Instead, she drove him to One CorSec Plaza and let him out at the front doors. "We're doing dinner later. No more booze and cigarettes." She gave him a wink and sped off.

His comlink buzzed. It was Deputy Chief Ralph Trammer. "Chambers, my office, now."

Tag: BSSL

------------
    Traffic, Blue Sector

Upon further inquiry into the datapad, Adrien would discover that the facts of the kidnapping escaped the

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rella Trance
    - The Core Garden, Coronet

As Rella pulled out from her carport, her comlink beeped. Not her work one, but her private one. She raised and eyebrow. Who would be calling her this time of day?

She stopped the car, and clicked on the comlink. There was a message waiting there for her. As she heard who the message was from, her eyes got large as she listened to the message. Her big brother, Veers wanted her to stop by, so he could see her. WOW. Mom would totally be shocked. She suddenly wondered if anything was wrong. Seven years, he had barely sent much of anything, and now here he was. And apparently from the address he had given her, just a few blocks away, and The COre Garden. Nice place.

Rella loved her brother. She had hated when the rift between their father and him and caused him to leave. But Veer had issues. So did everyone else.
    But he was fighting his. So, he was here in town, and waiting to see her? There was no way she was going to miss him. It might be another seven years before she saw him again. She quickly keyed in a response to his message.

"I'll be there faster than a payday." she sent back to him. In spite of it all, Rella grinned like a young schoolgirl. She couldnt wait to see him. She quickly punched in the address for the Core Garden, and turned her vechicle, heading for the place. The place was a high riser, so that should have a nice setting. This was exciting. The sun was coming up as well, and she was going to meet her brother. She couldnt think of a better start to the day. Sarge's droning voice coudlnt damper her excitement.

Rella turned her vechicle, heading for the place. It was all she could do to keep from speeding. She had so much she wanted to tell him. She only hoped that he was still doing as well as he had said in his last communications. Mom had missed her son as well. Maybe this was the start of something new.

As Rella pulled into the the area of the Core Garden, she noticed traffic in the area seemed a bit thick, for being so early in the morning. Probably the vermin, crawling back into their holes for the day. Go figure. Right now, nothing was going to ruin her meeting. She looked up. Oh yes, not the kind of place she would normally go to, but she could see her brother her. Yes, things looked like they were looking up. She drove up, paying for inside parking. Normally, she detested things like that, but she didnt need her cruiser seen on the street. She had just made Inspecter. Not everyone made it, and the last thing she needed was one of the wanna bees whine about seeing her cruiser someplace. So, she paid.

Stepping out of her cruiser, she set the alarm, and auto anti-theft. Tapping a small device on her wrist, she reached in the back, and grabbed a coat. She quickly covered her uniform. She wasnt on the clock just yet, and she didnt need folks wondering why CorSec was talking to him. This was a brother and sister moment.

And she could use another cup of coffee before she made it in to work, anyway.

Rella walked over towards the lifts, and pushed the button to reach the Core Garden.

TAG: Blu

9. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Jerrod Chambers
    Coronet City

The sound of the maglev train pushing through the air above me brings me back to reality on this dreary morning. I look up into the sky, letting the light drizzle pierce the shielding of my hat and refresh my aching head. The caf had been good, but it wasn't enough. The water tastes and smells of metal, oil, and smoke from the station overhead. The sounds of the sheep heading to the slaughter provides white noise to replace the dieing drum of the rain. It's been my job for fifteen years to protect those sheep, to make sure they live their lives without fear of the shadows. If only it was that black and white, but just like our uniforms the world exists only in hues of gray.

A sign catches my attention as I open my eyes and take the first tentative step forward into the day. 'OneWay Village', the neon sign of his apartment just now shutting off, the absence of the hum creating a deafening void where once its monotonous cacophony had existed. OneWay, blatantly stating its true intentions, was exactly as advertised. A cage for those trapped in this city. You didn't want to be here, you didn't call this a home, one merely exists here. You enter and, while you may leave for periods at a time, you never truly escape. Once you rent here, there's really only one way out. A sigh leaves my lips as I reach for my cigarettes, brushing my blaster as I do so.

I have a fresh stick ready for the pyre when I spot trouble. Yep, tall legs, wavy hair, and a uniform that hugged her curves, Kelly Milkstar was trouble. She used to be my partner, that alone puts her into a whole other league of trouble. But for the word of her father, she wouldn't have even been an officer. The woman, leaning against his cruiser was a stark contrast to my disheveled appearance. Three day old brown stubble accentuated my grizzled and stern face as my brow furrowed at the sight ahead of me. "Blast it all," I mumble as I spit out the cigarette. I see the look she has on her face, she's disappointed again. The kids in the force always rumored there was something between us, and its looks like this that make me wonder if there wasn't some truth on her end. The look, however concerned it is only says one thing in my mind...I'm too hungover to deal with this.

Her voice a mixture of concern and sass, she offers me a ride to the office. I'm about to protest when she motions to the cruiser she's leaning against. Clamps. Unpaid tickets. I'm not going anywhere with that vehicle any time soon. With a grumble I make my way to her car. From here it isn't a guess to if she'll mention my state, but when.

-----------

Kelly stops at a favorite restaurant of hers, a small diner on the way from my apartment to CorSec Plaza. A metal box filled with false happiness and unhealthy comfort, it was just an illusion of atmosphere to help people through the day. Inside the music was playing, the beat was strong and easy to dance with. A couple of teenagers were dancing in the corner, their happy faces seemingly far too awake for this early. The upbeat reverberations only served to accentuate my headache as we made it further into the establishment. The smell of grease and oil hit my nostrils as we took our seat. It mixed with the smell of the flowers on the table to provide this mixture of floral elegance with the slimy thickness moving through the air. It was definitely an acquired taste, one that I didn't have much room for. At the counter I notice a family, seemingly happy, with a little girl who appears to be the same age as my Jewel, twelve years old. Seeing the reminder of what I'd lost, I just sat quietly and stared into the dark elixir in front of me.

It was Kelly that broke the silence, making small talk about my new partner. A new partner, of course if they maintained any illusions about CorSec I was certain that wouldn't last long. Not as an Inspector. No, we get to see this city for what it truly is. We're the only ones to know her intimately. Kelly brings me out of my thoughts about a new partner with a question about J

10. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Deputy Chief Ralph Trammer
    -One CorSec Plaza

"Why don't you have a seat, Chambers. You look like you need it."

The hallowed figure that presented itself before him was, he could assure himself, Jerrod Chambers, but he was definitely a shell of his former self. Before he had met the former Mrs., Chambers had had the look of a bright new beginner, with all the ambition he could muster into his eyes. The uniform had meant something to Chambers back then. Now, as if it was some faraway family member that he cared nothing for, it covered his frame with a wrinkled and damp look, as if it too cared nothing for Chambers. The man was at odds at everything around him.

Ralph stared at him for a couple of seconds. He ran a hand across his face, scratching the scruff of his bead. "Chambers, I'm not going to waste time. You need to get your crap together. You come in here everyday, unshaven, red eyed, looking like a bum and this is going to stop." Ralph had the voice of authority, but he could see it had little effect on Chambers. They had a lot in common, the only difference in their lives being that Ralph was on wife #2 and he had three daughters. He remembered how badly he had taken his own divorce, but he had gotten custody of the kids. He had let Jerrod wallow for a while, only bringing him in when things got really bad, but now was going to have to be the changing point.

"Your new partner is Rella Trance, Artemis' daughter. You're the Senior Inspector, so clean your damned self up." He reached under his desk and brought out the overnight kit that he used whenever he either came in early or spent the night in his office. He slid it across the desk to Jerrod and pressed a button on his bracelet. His personal bathroom slid open across the room. It was a decent sized bathroom with a skyline view of Corellia. The sun was strong here, Jerrod was at its mercy. It was far brighter than anything OneWay had to offer.

Ralph stared at the skyline for a bit before pulling a cigar out of his jacket and walking over to the skyline. He lit it slowly, with practiced precision, and breathed out slowly. A normal person would assume he was trying to get away from his problems and concerns and lose himself in the view. Though this was something the troubled man would see as Ralph trying to confront his problems, thinking how he would climb his way out of another hole, marking another one in the rocky path of problems he had had through his life.

"Make it fast, Chambers. Rella should be here soon."

------
    Veer Trance
    -The Core Garden

Veer had to struggle to keep himself from jumping up and running to Rella when he saw her come out of lift's door. She was an angel, just as he remembered her, but it was the pained angel beauty that reflected where they had come from. He could see that she had a disciplined look about her, but he noticed the break in her secure face when she saw him. It had been a long time since they had seen each other, in person, but when he hugged her after she made her way over to the table, none of that seemed to matter. It was a fantastic reunion that Veer had longed for. He was with his family again.

Veer eyed her with twinkling eyes before speaking. "Rella, you look fantastic. You've taken care of yourself. How's Kole?" He continued to smile at her before his eyes wandered down to her ringless hand. Then he remembered. Kole and her had gotten a divorce. He frowned, immediately feeling ashamed that he had showed how little he knew his sister.

His fingers began to fidget. "I'm sorry, Rell. I forgot. I should have remembered." He said it with the sadness of someone searching in their minds to see whether they had forgotten some other crucial detail. A moment passed where he wanted to cry, but held it together and tried to push the conversation together.

"I-I have an interview today." His voice was shaky now. "For a position at the Spaceport. I've been clean for ten months now, Rell. I'm doing good. I've been sending credits to mom every month, but she doesn't know wh

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Warning...LONG post! :D

Rella Trance
    -The Core Garden

Rella could not keep the smile from her face, when she saw Veer. She had really missed her older brother. They hugged each other, and then sat down. Veer eyed her with twinkling eyes before speaking. "Rella, you look fantastic. You've taken care of yourself. How's Kole?" Before she could respond, Veer had caught his mistake, and suddenly started to fidget. "I'm sorry, Rell. I forgot. I should have remembered." he said sadly.

Rella simply gave him a wide smile. "Its okay Veer. Its been awhile."

"I-I have an interview today." Veer told her, his voice was shaky now. "For a position at the Spaceport. I've been clean for ten months now, Rell. I'm doing good. I've been sending credits to mom every month, but she doesn't know where it comes from yet. I don't know if she's ready to see me, or, maybe I'm not ready to see her. My counselor told me it could take a while before I'm ready, but I still love them, Rell." His face was flushing before Rella's eyes.

Rella leaned over the table they were seated at, and she gently cupped his hand. "I know you will do GREAT at that interview Veer. You have always been so smart." She gave him a beautiful smile. "And I'm always telling you, mom would love to see you. And remember, mom was married to a cop. I think she can take a guess who is sending her the credits." She gave him a wink, trying to alleviate his fears.

Veer smiled, and Rella could tell that he was really trying too hard to make her feel good. She was fine. She worried for Veer. She had not lied before Veer was smart. In some cases..too smart. It was how he gotten himself in trouble. He spoke up then, "I know you have to go soon, Rell, I'm proud of you, following in dad's footsteps."

Rella smiled at the compliment. "Thanks Veer. That means alot. I really had to bust my hump for my promotion. Veer took a sip of water and smiled. "Mind if your older brother comes by later on tonight for a meal?"

Rella stood up, and gave Veers a big hug. "Of COURSE you can. You're always invited Veers.. you know that!" she told him. She thought a moment, and then reached into her pocket. "I'm going to report to the boss today. They mentioned something about a partner. So, I might be late, big brother." she told him. She handed him some money. "So..if Im late, order us something." She said with a smile. She then handed him a card. A passcard. "I dont have a spare key to my place on me...but the passcard will get you through the lobby at least. You can wait inside the building for me." She gave him another hearty hug. It had been a long time, since she had been able to do that. "Hopefully, I wont be that late. But you know the job. If I am...start eating without me. Just SAVE me some, alright?" she teased him, and then gave him a sisterly kiss on the cheek.

"Good luck, Veers. Go get them." She then glanced down at her chronometer. "I got to get going now. Dont be late." she told him, giving him a sisterly cuff to the cheek. "Wish me luck too. This is a new job for me as well." she told him smiling. She coudlnt help but give him one last hug, before she turned away, and headed back to the lift, and to her cruiser.

He really had looked good. And she truly hated to be in such a rush. But they both had new jobs to look forward too. And they would have plenty of time to speak to each other later on tonight. She smiled. It gave her something to look forward to.

--
    One CorSec Plaza

It didnt take her long to arrive. Her home away from home. Literally. Sometimes she had been known to sleep here, staying up all hours of the night, working on various projects. But it was her hard work and dedication that had gotten her were she was today. Inspector.

She drove up to the building, going into the parking garage. She knew every crack and crevice within this old building. Her father had brought her there many times. She swore, she had learned to walk there, trailing after her father. She gave a small, sad smile. He would have l

12. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Adrien Phal
    Blue Sector, Traffic
    Near the Hawley-Packett Tower

The datapad was about as detailed as Adrien had expected, that is that it laked most important details and was very bare bones on the personality and statistics of Hercule. In other words it was filed by someone new to the job, or someone outside of CorSec, given Hortega he expected it was the latter that was most likely.

Adrien disliked going in to contact a potential witness, or worse, potential suspect without good intel. Hercule was Cathar, but was he mainline, Myr Roh or Juhani? How tall was he? Was he known to be armed? Did he have any noticeable marks? Scars? Tattoos? All of these and more were unknown factors any one of which could bite Adrien in the ass.

Sighing - a response Adrien expected would become common place while working with Hortega - Adrien put the folder and datapad in the cars glove compartment and took the controls. Guiding the car by hand through the steadily growing traffic Adrien made his way to the upper parking garage of the Towers. Had he taken his cruiser the place would have likely closed down before he could land, but now he could go incognito. If he was lucky and Hortega had thought ahead.

Removing the keys from the console Adrien depressed the small switch on them to unlock the stowage in the rear of the care. Reaching over the rear of the seat and looked in. Barren, save one item, an All-Temperature Cloak, nothing fancy, but enough of a disguise for Adrien. Pulling the cloak around him he thought about what he was going to have to do. Likely he?d have to get physical with this Hercule, as his kind never listened to authority. As a member of SID?s he could, he just hoped he didn?t have to...

-- -- --
    Blue Sector
    Hawley-Packet Tower; 27th Floor

Wrapped in the cloak, hood pulled over his head Adrien shuffled through the dim fifth infested halls of the tower. Coronet was known to be pristine, often referred to as ?shiny?. Blue Sector however was known for being dark and dingy at best, filthy at worst. Hawley-Packet Tower was a prime example of that.

Half the corridor lights on the 27th floor didn?t appear to be working, those that did flickered or were dim. Discarded pieces of flimsi, food wrappings and other bits of trash littered the floor, and the area had the distinct smell that came only from the mingling of waste material from half a dozen or more races. It was so strong it could have easily have passed as an experience of one of the Nine Hells of Corellia.

Pushing aside the urge to gag and all but keeping his nose from wrinkling Adrien moved past drunkards and vagrants laying about at random places on the floor, some covered in flimsy-shipping board, others in whatever scraps they could find. The tower was a well known drug den and haven for just about every vagrant that entered Coronet. Not to mention Adrien had been here before, many years ago, as part of his training.

None of that really mattered though, he wasn?t here to arrest vagrants or crack down on drugs, much as he wanted to, no he was here to help save a little girl, and that?s just what he was going to do. Finding Hercule?s room wasn?t hard, it was one of the few details listed. Getting in though would be another story.

Pressing the call button he was greeted with a gruff voice on the other side asking what he wanted. ?I... uh,? Adrien added a shake to

13. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Holonet Broadcast of Senator Palmo Thaloriu

"...And I say it once and say it again, we will not let these Separatists go unpunished for what they have done. They have killed countless soldiers and devastated countless world for a foolish ideology and their unquenchable thirst for greed."

The Senator wipes sweat from his brow. His eyes dart across the audience and a look of minor contempt flashes on his face, but it is covered up with the excellent and trained muscles of a politician. He quickly puts back on his stern, fatherly look to the audience.

"I've said it once and I will say it again, Senator WordataWahu is a coward! I have here in my hands military documented files that clearly show that the Outer Rim world of Ord Cestus is the headquarters of the criminal organization White Whole. The same White Whole organization that pollutes our streets of Corellia with drugs, blasters, and prostitution. See Mr. WordataWahu wants you to ignore the destruction of our own world and instead wants us to focus on the war. He doesn't want you to see that he himself has ties to that organization as they are headed by the same Felar Va that donated almost half a million credits to Mr. WordataWahu's campaign."

The crowd gave a loud cheer. They loved the fearlessness of Senator Thaloriu. He was calling out gangsters, criminals, and other Senators. He had promised that he would stamp out corruption in the government. He smiled, but it was an uneasy smile, as if he was distracted. But he finished strong.

"WordataWahu wants us to focus on the War with the Separatists instead of our war right here on Corellia with drugs and violence. I say we fight both and we will win both! Thank you everyone!" He quickly rushed off stage, faster than any politician the galaxy had ever seen.

------

14. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Hercule
    Hawley-Packett Tower, 27th Floor

"You frackers should know better than to come to my door." Hercule growled through the intercom. He grabbed his blaster and tucked it in his pants, covering it with his shirt. He hated when the druggies came to his apartment, as if he was some low level dealer. It was a sign of disrespect, but Hercule did not let it get to him too much these days. He had suddenly not been getting paid visits by his friends in the organization lately and an inside contact had told him that it would probably be best if he made himself disappear.

Hercule did not need to be told twice, he had a shuttle ticket to leave Corellia for good tomorrow. He would find him a nice resort somewhere on the outer rim. His savings account was begging to be used now.

When the skinny Cathar got to the door, it slid open rapidly and he found himself face to face to someone he had not seen before and someone who most certainly had touched drugs recently. He scowled at the man hard, burning holes through his figure. He began to think. If the man was here to kill him, he probably would have already tried and if he was about to be busted, CorSec would definitely bring more than just one officer to pick up the amount of drugs the Cathar was known to possess.

Hercule grinned and waved a welcoming hand into the apartment. "Come in." This guy was no spice junky, he wasn't a gangster, and he was no friend, but Hercule would find out what he was about in due time. Once the man stepped in, Hercule slid his door closed and locked it. He drew his pistol and pointed it across the room where the man had moved to.

"Who the **** are you? You're not part of the organization and you sure as hell aren't a spice addict. I could kill you right now and nobody would notice. Now, give me some answers, you bastard."

Just then, another beep occurred on his apartment com. Eh? Hercule thought to himself. First, no visitors for two days and now he was the buzz of Blue Sector. Keeping his blaster aimed at the man, he pressed the button with his shoulder. "Yea, who the hell is it?" When he released the button, all he heard was a loud screeching sound that resonated through the apartment. Hercule grabbed his sensitive ears and fell to the ground. The sound persisted, then stopped, and then there was a blast that crumpled the apartment door into nothing but burnt metal.

A farghul and a murachaun, both towering in height. But this didn't stop Hercule from shooting the farghul's blaster out of its hand and tackling the murachaun into the refrigerator as they began a bloody scuffle. The farghul caught Adrien in its eye and crossed the room before the Officer could pull his weapon. It slammed a knee into Adrien's face that lifted him off the ground.

The options were simple. Be killed by the farghul and let his only lead in the case be killed as well, or fight his way out of the apartment with Hercule's life. Though, at this point, the Cathar seemed to be holding his own as his claws began sending blood across the the kitchen area, at least until the murachaun launched the smaller cathar across the room, slamming into the wall. They were evenly matched, but Adrien might not have that luxury against the farghul.

Tag: Kahn

------
    Will be getting the rest of the update up tomorrow. Good luck, Kahn.

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rella Trance
    CCP

Deputy Chief Trammer, Some old inspector who didnt talk, and Rella made it to the CCP. And then they had one lovely case dumped into their laps. Her first case, in her second week of being named detective. And what a muck it was.

A nasty breakout, quite a few killed, and even more had escaped. Wonderful. And now they had the joy of finding the two prisoners who were the cause of the entire scenario: Falleen Braka Trinon and Wookiee George Ofarhyi.

She asked the other detective what he was called, but he didnt respond. He turned and walked away from the Deputy Chief Trammer and Rella.

'.....!!'

Rella did her best to not let anything slip, around all the soundbite hounds, as she looked towards Chief Trammer.

"No problems Chief." she told him with a nod. She then walked, moving to give a general exam of the area. There was no way those two, even as powerful as they were, could have gotten out without help. Someone had to be waiting for them. Chief Trammer had told them they had full access to the prison. Time to use it.

Rella Trance walked over till she recognized the uniform of the Warden. She pulled out her id.

"Warden. Im Inspector Trance. I would like to see the prisoners cell. And I will need to inspect the logs, showing the last people that they had contact them, either visitors or calls, Warden." Rella asked as she kept a professional attitude. Especially in front of the camera droids. This needed to be taken care of quick, and they needed to be recaptured before anything else happened. And it was only time until more happened.

Tag: Blu

16. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Warden C. Knuckle
    -CCP

As the Deputy Chief began to talk to the press and give his speech, Warden C. Knuckle murmured to himself as the Inspectors started into action asking questions. It was not that he did not like them, but he already had a lot of people questioning his authority as to how the prisoners were able to break out in the first place and this was only day one of what was sure to be a long, agitating process. However, the Deputy Chief had ordered him to give the Inspectors access to whatever they required and the Warden did not intend to piss of Trammer.

"Johnson, get them Trinon's and Ofarhyi's logs." He barked as he led them deep into the prison. The female Inspector was the first female that many of the inmates had seen in a very long time and they behaved like it too. They hooted and howled as the trio walked past their cells, but the Inspectors would notice that many of the prisoners were bruised, badly. It was becoming increasingly apparent that this riot had been more bloody than anything that the news cameras would ever catch a whiff of. But it was better that way. The city was already angry about the escaped convicts, they did not need a bunch of prison reformer protesting prisoner abuse in the streets.

C. Knuckle led them into a dome shaped room where the walls had been freshly painted a new coat of black, the strong stench of paint and blood meandering around the room. C. Knuckle coughed and pointed at a wall with blood smeared on it. "That was where Braka first broke lose. Here." He passed Rella his compad that was running the security footage of Braka taking the guards down. Braka had suddenly changed colors and overwhelmed the guards. He was a massive falleen, bigger than any Jerrod or Rella had seen. He moved like a trained martial artist and his strength was colossal, seeing as the guards were not exactly pushovers themselves.

When they came to Braka and George's cell, C. Knuckle did not go in, but gave a passive hand to the Inspectors. "Feel free, but I'm not going in there. The last thing I need is someone saying I tried to cover something up." The Warden wanted to say more, but bit his tongue and walked off. Within the cell, Chambers and Trance would find that nothing was particularly out of order. Matter of fact, the entire cell was damn tidy. This would be odd seeing as a wookiee normally would have plenty of shedding going on in such a cramped quarter. Obviously, they were not dealing with normal criminals. The only thing of notice in the cell was that in a stack of books was a journal with writings of a person trying to learn a language, a language that they had no intention of speaking because of the lack of pronunciation marks, but there were indicators that the person was trying learn how to read or write it, as there were sentences that had been translated into basic.

Johnson came jogging down the dome with two folders in his arms and handed them to the Inspectors. The logs would show that while the wookiee had made no calls and had received none, the falleen, Braka, had recently received two calls: One from a heavily coded com that would have to be deciphered and one from the office of a man named Kay Ulzaek, the address was in the wealthier part of Coronet.

Johnson had been standing at attention at the cell door. He was young and had a hint of admiration while watching the Inspectors work. Running a hand down his uniform, he said, "I don't know if it will be helpful, but a few of the prisoners had been talking about George having a stash of credits in this diner on Vreni Island."

They would find nothing else useful in the prison, but they had gathered a few clues: A language that neither of them could read, but looked familiar enough that they would have seen it before on Coronet, the office address of a Mr. Kay Ulzaek who worked with a large banking corporation, and the tip that George had some interest on the resort island of Vreni in the form of a diner jointly owned by a former accomplice of the wookiee. The leads were small and seeming

17. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Prisoner 7
    Somewhere in the city

An alarm woke them up, what was it now? What possibly could the enemy want with them now? An explosion, a mist of smoke.
    Wide eyes open, flickering, twitching from side to side. Watching, waiting, smiling. Free, free finally free!
    Smoke filled their cell, but the cell was not enclosed anymore. It was open, to open.. open. Yes open.
    What have they done to us love? I will revenge!
    They took a leap through the opening and landed a few feet down on the courtyard, chaos and fire filled it. Free prisoners ruled it now, tearing the guards and any civilians that worked within the facility to pieces. A tide of blood swept through the concrete bunker where the scum of the galaxy was held.
    Running across the courtyard was they noticed their therapist, she had thought she could understand them. But she never could, and now she was fleeing for her life, her pretty little feet ran as fast as they could from big strong men with not so good intentions.
    Fear not, fear not.. our time will come!
    They used the cover of darkness to intercept the therapist, her lies and drugs had poisoned their mind. It was their time now, now they would show her the truth.. they would show her the things she never understood before.

Their feet moved with haste over the wet concrete rooftops away from their cell, steaming smoke from a thousand exhaust pipes from a thousand shops covered their escape. Never again would they return back, back to the torture and back to the endless questions.. The enemy wanted to know everything but they didn't reveal a thing, not a thing! Free, free at last, Free at last! The city opened up its bosom to it's lost lovers, with all its stench and low lives they had finally come back home!
    In the distance hovering police craft used searchlights to try and find the escapees, blasters and screams of pain could be heard but they would never find them. No, not them.. never! They were to smart, to clever.. before they bought into their tricks and foul play but this time.. The enemy would not succeed. They lurked in the shadows, they patrolled the streets and sat in bars. But they were smarter this time!

They would get them, they would get them all, the enemy. But first they had to get some new clothes, these prison outfits did give them away a tad bit much. And so, they lurked in the shadows in alley ways and narrow paths in the run down parts of the mega city where the enemy did the same. Awaiting their perfect victim, it had to be one of them. Could not be one of the innocent, it had to be..
    There!
    There, a man, a lowlife. Alone. Looking nervous, looking.. corrupt. From the shadows he smiled, from this day onwards..
    Yes.. yes!
    Scums will have their day until they run into me!

They had sneaked up on it and taken it by surprise and suffocated him while they dragged it into an alleyway. There they carefully removed his clothes and put theirs on it, and then finally putting on his clothes. Now they were an enemy to. As a final mark to show their enemies that they were back, back in the war. They stomped off the officers head. It had to do, next time it would be more elaborate.. but they lacked tools do do what she usually enjoyed.
    A reflection in a small puddle, a crimson moon casting a light and sparkling eyes of insanity. A smile.

Hello charming

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Jerrod Chambers
    CCP

Trammer and his lectures always began with that look of his, that look that tells me he knows exactly how I feel but views himself as above the situation. Just because he ran to the arms of another woman after his divorce doesn't mean he knows how I feel. The second part of that look was always the disappointment, how he used to think my naivety was endearing and brought spirit to the force. In some ways, he was just as naive as I was. Of course, he's right, I don't want to look to disheveled when meeting my new partner, but I'm not losing the coat. This coat is a part of me, my shield from the lies and deceit of Coronet. The stains and tears have more experience than half the people in this building. When I'm on the job, it may as well be my skin. No, I won't lose the coat. And Trammer knows that, the offer was to shave and nothing more. A shave I could handle.

Looking in the mirror as I began to shave I realized how much I hated everything about the person staring back at me. I hated who that man once was, I hated who he had become, and I hated that he had a future to look towards. The splash of cold water wakes me up like the caf couldn't, a shock to the system that immediately makes me alert. It won't last, it's just another quick stimulant that'll fizzle out before the time comes. And then tonight I won't get any sleep, locked away in my cage. That is, unless I don't get any sleep because of this assignment Trammer had been going on about. Either way, I probably wouldn't sleep much again. It was becoming a habit. As I made sure my cigarettes were still in my pocket I realized that habits soon become addictions, and I was terrible at avoiding addiction.

As the two began to head outside, a girl who seemed all too eager to enter the office stepped in. She was excited to speak with Trammer, a sentiment I would never be able to share. The man annoyed me, thinking he was better than me even though he spends most of his time behind a desk or talking to the media. She looked as if she wanted to change the world, and that was something I could remember from my own youth. She wouldn't do it, no one ever did. Eventually she'd learn that and settle into the cynicism that will save her life on more than one occasion. Unlike me, however, she looked like life had given her a bit more experience than it had me, perhaps she wouldn't be as naive as I once was. Trammer lead us out to the cruiser with no formal introduction, the man could be in such a hurry sometimes.

Outside, the sun had thrown away the gray comforter and was now shining brightly upon the city. Its heat and light reignited the rhythmic pounding that had been the entirety of my morning. The cruiser ride, luckily, would be relatively quiet. Would be, but Trammer wouldn't stop talking. Going over the case, what we should expect. The man talked the entire way there about stuff we could simply read in our dossier. The only thing he let slip that was of any worth was that the girl was my new partner. But that was also rather obvious.

A prison break through a riot. Classic set up, but hard to pull off. Of course when you have muscle like a Wookie and Falleen involved, it can become quite a bit easier. Even more so when you realize the nature of Falleen biology that adds to their natural charisma. Yes, they would have gained accomplices quite easily as well. The prison would probably be cleaned out by now, might even be some crooked guards helping out. After all, Falleen were terrifying when they used the entirety of their talents.

Arriving at CCP, I could already see that the jackals were swarming the grounds. Just waiting for the right piece of meat to sink their teeth into. The press were scavengers, animals that survived by finding the rotting carcass of a man and forcing it into a story. Exclusives, character pieces, it was all about exploiting tragedy for entertainment. The citizens were no help, eating up whatever the press served them. No thought about it, they enjoyed feeling as if the news allowed them to connect to their fell

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rella Trance
    CCP

"Johnson, get them Trinon's and Ofarhyi's logs.
    "
    the Warden barked as he led them deep into the prison.

Then they walked into the prison, and while her farther had told her many tales, it was certainly an 'experience'. They hooted and howled as the trio walked past their cells. Her silent partner moved to stand between her and the cells. The place was dark. Black walls, geesh. But even in this place, she could see that many of the prisoners were bruised, badly.

No surprise. The guards probably had their hands full, keeping the rest of the populace back, as the few who managed to escape, rampaged across the prison yard. This was a total fark case, and they had been slammed right into the middle of it. Lovely thing, for a first case, Rella mused to herself.

C. Knuckle led them into a dome shaped room where the walls had been freshly painted a new coat of black, the strong stench of paint and blood meandering around the room. C. Knuckle coughed and pointed at a wall with blood smeared on it. "That was where Braka first broke lose. Here." He passed Rella his compad that was running the security footage of Braka taking the guards down. Braka had suddenly changed colors and overwhelmed the guards. He was a massive falleen, bigger than any Jerrod or Rella had seen. He moved like a trained martial artist and his strength was colossal, seeing as the guards were not exactly pushovers themselves.

Geesh! these guys were huge. Hopefully, that would be a plus in their favor.

When they came to Braka and George's cell, C. Knuckle did not go in, but gave a passive hand to the Inspectors. "Feel free, but I'm not going in there. The last thing I need is someone saying I tried to cover something up." Rella nodded, as the Warden walked off. Rella took out her datapad, and began a quick scan of the area. She was sure the scene would be changed soon, so better record it quickly. Within the cell, Chambers and Trance would find that nothing was particularly out of order. Matter of fact, the entire cell was damn tidy. Really dang tidy. Not even a bit of hair or anything that looked like it had been left behind. She scanned under the bunks and such, as she looked around.

The only thing of notice in the cell was that in a stack of books was a journal with writings of a person trying to learn a language, a language that they had no intention of speaking because of the lack of pronunciation marks, but there were indicators that the person was trying learn how to read or write it, as there were sentences that had been translated into basic.

Rella slapped on a glove, and looked into the private storage area, where their clothing would have been held, to see if that held anything of interest.

She used another item to peek under the mattress of the bed. Getting out of the cell was one thing. How did they clear the prison area?

"Chambers."

The sudden voice, broke her out of her thoughts, making her turn her head sharply. Her silent partner finally spoke up, his gravely voice piercing the silence.

"Inspector Jerrod Chambers is my name. Sorry about earlier, but I was not going to give those scavengers anything to report on."

Rella gave him a slow nod. "Nice to meet you, Inspector Chambers." She told him. "And that idea is probably too late. Im sure, our names are getting plastered now, just so they can get the heat off of their backsides for the moment." she gave a short snort. "Used to hear my dad, complain about it. Just hope they dont plast our holo's all over the vid. Would make investigating, rather a pain."

She grew quiet as Johnson came jogging down the dome with two folders in his arms and handed them to the Inspectors. The logs would show that while the wookiee had made no calls and had received none, the falleen, Braka, had recently received two calls: One from a heavily coded com that would have to be deciphered and one from the office of a man named Kay Ulzaek, the address was in the wealthier part of Coronet.

Rella looked at the first call, frowning. WHY in fr

20. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Adrien Phal
    Hercule's apartment
    Blue Sector

Everything happened in a blur, such was it that even the well trained eyes of Adrien lost track of it all. One minute he saw the Farghul look him in the eyes, and the next he felt an impact on his face. Whatever it had been that hit him, hit him hard. For a moment his vision blurred and faded. All Adrien could feel was the cold wet feeling one gets when their nose is hit, and the sound of a crack, which likely meant it was broken.

He felt himself collapse under his own weight instinct tossing out an arm to catch him on the floor. He breathed, felt himself breathing as slowly his vision slipped back into a horribly blurred mirror of its normal self. Nothing was clear, save the floor, and even it was waving like it was more liquid that solid, it was disorienting. The impact had hit something important, and threw off his sense of balance, as even now he struggled to keep himself supported on his hands and knees.

But that didn't last long, as he felt someone or something lift him up off the floor. Whoever it was wasn't being helpful however, no person in their right mind would help pick someone up by tightly squeezing their neck and using it as a leverage point. For the moment Adrien was blissfully unaware that he couldn't breath as he gripped and clawed at the furry hands wrapped around his windpipe. A Wookiee? No it had to be the Farghul.

It was about now that the adrenalin kicked in and Adrien's mind began to clear. It occurred to him, almost instantly after the fact, that he was pretty well kriffed. He sure as there were nine hells knew he couldn't overpower a Farghul, especially one that had its claws rapped around his neck. As the upright cat tightened his grip Adrien's hands slipped and fell to his sides as he felt the life slipping from him. But one hit something.

What does it matter? he thought as his vision faded again. Then he realized it, My blaster! Running mostly on adrenalin Adrian wrapped his hand around the handle of his blaster pulled it out and fired where he thought the midsection of the Farghul was. Its grip loosened but not much, so he fired again, and again, how many he didn't count he simply shot until the beast let go of him and both of them fell to the floor.

Breathing heavily through a very sore throat the CorSec Officer squinted and blinked trying to clear his vision. He could see the shapes of Hercule and the Murachaun fighting but couldn't make it out clearly. Struggling to his feet he switched his blaster over to stun and aimed in the general direction of the scuffle. Already gotta file paper work for firing this thing, might as well make use of it, and he pulled the trigger, a few times, just to make sure both of them stayed down for a while...

Tag: Blu

OOC: I had a much larger post written out over time but google docs lost it so this will have to do for now I'm afraid.

21. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Hercule
    Hawley-Packett Tower

Blackness covered his gaze for a couple of seconds and then Hercule was able to move, but only his eyes and head. He regenerated quickly, but was still woozy as he gripped the side of the counter and pulled himself up. His paw crept around to the spot that he had felt the blast hit him and slowly raised his eyes to the human form that had shot him.

"You...you shot me, you frakker, you shot me." Hercule finally got to his feet and stumbled over to where his door used to be. Those guys had come to kill him and they had some serious training too. The cop's face, Hercule had pretty much surmised that the guy was some type of law enforcement, was bloodied and bruised. He must have taken one hell of a hit from that farghul. The cathar caught his breath and walked over to the murachaun, pulling out the man's wallet and comlink.

"Okay," He said finally as he headed back to the door. "What do you want from me?" He would have tried to run if he thought he had a chance of getting away. As far as he could tell, the organization had sent some people after him and he had a cop standing in his apartment. Neither were good signs. His best bet, the criminal decided, would be to go to with the cop until he gathered up the strength to get away. It seemed that trip to the Outer Rim would be coming sooner than later.

"You want to know about the girls, don't you? Fine, you got me, I'll tell you everything, but I think we need to get outta here now before some more of those guys come. The people they run with don't come in pairs, they come in small armies."

Right after he finished his sentence, the comlink he had pulled from the murachaun beeped. "Daoul, what's going on up there?"

Hercule smiled. "See, I told ya?"

Tag: Kahn

------
    Johnson
    -CCP

Johnson raised his hand at the Inspector's questions and laughed excitedly. "Around 20 prisoners escaped total, ma'am. And what you found here is all that you're probably going to find. Braka and the Wookiee really didn't go anywhere else for the past couple of months. They were under what the Warden calls 'Intense Lockdown' and were only recently integrated back into the masses when they escaped."

He rocked back and forth on his toes and then asked, "So where are you guys going next?"

Tag: Ktala, BSSL
    -------

Don't have much for you, Kat and Bassil, until yall decide on what lead to follow up.o_O :p

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rella Trance
    CCP

She looked back at her new partner. "So, is there anything else we need to look at here?" she asked her partner. Again, silence. Trance tried hard not to sigh. It was going to be a very long and quiet day it seemed. Then again, that might work too.

Rella looked back at Johnson. "How many got out, total?" she asked him.

Johnson raised his hand at the Inspector's questions and laughed excitedly. "Around 20 prisoners escaped total, ma'am. And what you found here is all that you're probably going to find. Braka and the Wookiee really didn't go anywhere else for the past couple of months. They were under what the Warden calls 'Intense Lockdown' and were only recently integrated back into the masses when they escaped."

Rella looked up, her eyes narrowed slightly. If the two had been in 'intense lockdown' till recently...then why was the Falleen receiving calls?

"Makes sense." she muttered softly. "Get out while you have all frell breaking loose around you. Easy to blend." Rella stood back up. She had copied that strange language from the call, and she looked over at the books. Yes, those would have to go as well. These guys had 5 years to plan their way out. Rella looked around, deep in thought.

She carefully scanned the area again. Was it hostages? No way they could simply bust pass several perimeters of security and no one see it. Or manage to stop them. Falleen nor Wookiees were blaster resistant.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Johnson rocked back and forth on his toes and then asked, "So where are you guys going next?"

Rella stood, and brushed off her uniform. "Out. Cant learn anything staring at 4 empty walls. Im sure my partner has some ideas." Rella kept a straight face as she walked around once last time. "Bag em. The books go with us." she stated, as she stepped out of the cell. She looked down the hall.

She looked back towards Johnson. "I understand how they got away from their guards, and broke free from the hall. How did they make it out past the outer walls of the prison?" she asked him, as she began to walk out. Did they all get out the same way?" she asked him, making a point to ignore his question. She didnt want anything leaking out. Not yet. She had her own set of ideas. But she needed to refresh her mind on a few things.

She then ignored once more the hoots and hollering of the other inmates, as they exited the prison. She quickly found the Warden. "Thanks for your help Warden. We'll keep you updated." They might or might not. But her father always told her to be polite. Even to the pain in the ... well, you know. Might come around to be useful, when you do. And at the beginning of her job, she didnt need to create any enemies. The Criminals were doing that, just fine on there own.

She looked over at her silent partner.

"She held her tongue, and ignored the holo-hogs, until they got back into her cruiser. She then spoke. "Well, if the rumors are true, George will be heading for his stash. Probably use it to get out of Corellia quick. That...or buy himself a drink. Either way, cred can get him stuff they might need. Thats if they stick together. If not, we might be finding a body in the area..."

She looked at her 'partner.'

"Got anything you want to add?" she asked him.

Tag: blu, BSSL

23. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Herard Manda
    -Pagoda Market, Coronet

The day was buzzing now, it was around midday and, as usual, it was noisy on his block. On the strip of the Pagoda Market, Herard's shop, Bad Visual, was one of the few shops that was actually doing good in the time of war. He sold weapons and armor, most of them legal and some of them not, he also sold passports and could find anything that any customer of his was looking for thanks to the ties he had with the underground. Literally.

It was because of his connection to the crime world of Corellia that didn't call for CorSec after he saw, what he assumed to be a prisoner, kill a man in the alley a block down from him. It was shocking, disgusting even, but, alas, Herard had seen men being killed for less and more violently, so he took the shock and disgust with a puzzled look on his face. This guy seemed to have taken pleasure in killing the man and he was staring at the puddle of blood when Herard spoke up.

"Aye, yur one a dem escaped prisoners, arntcha?" Herard had his hand on his blaster and was at a safe enough distance that if the prisoner made any sort of move that Herard wasn't too fond of, the guy would find himself laying next to his victim. Herard's fat cheeks swelled as he realized that he had stumbled upon some luck.

"I taik it frem yur friend dere that you've done thes befor'. You look like yur goin to be needn a place ans a job. Wha wood you say if I said I has one for ya?"

Tag: The_Dark_Overlord

24. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Johnson
    -CCP

Johnson felt a bit nervous as the pretty detective asked him, directly, a question. he stuttered a bit and shifted his feet before something meaningful came out.

"Well, ma'am, it seems that we underestimated them a bit. CCP hasn't even had an escaped attempt ever since the Warden took over, yet alone a successful one. Once they broke free from the guards, there were three gates before they could even get to the front of the prison. At the precise moment Braka and Big George decided to attack was also when the riot began."

Johnson chuckled, but his tone showed that nothing was funny about it. Johnson himself was thinking that it was some sort of orchestrated riot just for the escape, but he wasn't an inspector and that sort of thinking wasn't his business.

"Anyway, those two boys ran through those gates without skipping a beat. Nothing could stop them. We did not get all of it on the cams, but one of the boys who could speak said that that Braka was something serious. As you can see ma'am, not all of the guards here are exactly physically fit to handle a situation like that. Like I said, we haven't had an incident in years."

Tag: Ktala, BSSL

25. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Prisoner 7
    -Pagoda Market, Coronet (perhaps?)

They sniffed a bit, taking in the smells of the air, the smells of a fresh kill. And just as they pulled on the pants of their pray a voice from afar.

He blinked, staring down at a corpse.. had he done this? Where was he? What was this place? Who was he? It was surreal, a man spoke. His mouth formed words, words of meaning they meant something but he couldn't hear them. He was locked in inside an invisible box which he could not break out of. It was as if he was only an observer of his own body, tucked deep away where no one would find him.
    He banged the walls of the invisible box screaming for help, pleading that he was held prisoner against his will! He could feel himself smile, he could feel the cold air caress his body, soothing and not as daft and hot as that other place. It was all so surreal.
    Where were the girls? It was had been ages ago since he last saw them.

They looked over their right shoulder and saw the man, they felt him cry out for attention but they knew they had to keep him there. They knew they had to keep him safe as he could not do it himself.

The man had his hand on his blaster, perhaps it would save him if they tried anything.. perhaps, or perhaps they were to fast, to strong, to lively to be killed. But the man made a suggestion, he did not strike them at once as a traitor but they had to be careful.

"I taik it frem yur friend dere that you've done thes befor'. You look like yur goin to be needn a place ans a job. Wha wood you say if I said I has one for ya?"

"yes.. We would need a job now wouldn't we?"

They corrected their posture, straight back, chest in and locked their eyes with the fat man.

"What do you have for us then?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.