main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC NIH Star Wars Showing, 8/13 - Meet-up / rain plans inside!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Oh no you don't Jeff, you'll be fabric shopping with me, or at least give me your credit cards!!! [face_laugh]

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Uhhh Jeff? I see that you edited your post, but you didn't edit the word that needs editing!!

*snicker* Thanks. :D

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll pass it on to Ken - though he needs his finger fabric still!!!

4. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Speaking of fabric, I totally need to work on D*C costumes. -_- But that doesn't mean I won't be at the movie on Friday. MUAH!

5. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'll be there provided it doesn't rain!

6. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    And, hey! It's supposed to rain! On account of hurricanes or something.

Don't care. Still going.

7. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Please don't tell me it's going to rain again!!! Everytime I want to do something this summer it rains. :(

8. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I should be there this Friday. (Unless it rains.) I'll look for you guys to say hi. I've not seen you since Slackercon.

9. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I have a rehearsal on Friday and unfortunately can't get out of it. Wish I could join you guys. All I can ask of you all is to please take a couple of minutes before the movie starts, stop what you're doing, join hands, and just think of me. And maybe if you think real hard, I'll hear your happy thoughts all the way down in Arlington and I just bet it'll bring a big ol' smile to my face!

Hugs and *sniff* kisses to you all...

10. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I just hope someone gets a picture of it. We'll post it as our Geek Prayer Meeting. Cool.

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Maybe we should have a backup plan in case it really down pour on Friday since we've all made plans to get together anyway!?!

12. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Figures the weather makes a turn when we have plans.

Right now, the Weather Channel site is still saying it's going to be partly cloudy that night. Other places I've looked say t-storms are possible, but that's still pretty iffy.

We still might want to make contengency plans just in case things don't turn out. Do we all still want to meet at the Metro at 6pm and just wing it?

13. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    My information has Tropical Storm Bonnie moving through the DC area around noon on Friday with winds up to 40 mph and working its way up the East Coast to Vermont by 1 am Saturday morning. Then Tropical Storm Charlie is going to follow that up by Saturday morning with the winds between 40 and 73 mph.

14. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Here's the info from the NIH filmfest website re weather:

-No postponement due to rain

-Wind over 15 miles per hour or lightning causes cancellation

-Cancellations will be posted to Web site and info line 301-816-6958

If it's as bad as predicted, then it may well be cancelled. As Official Event Coordinator, I plan to just wait and see what's up on Friday morning.

But as for contingency plans we can go to Dave and Busters, or Strike (is Brandon joining us, Wendy? That may affect contingency plans), or do something in town or in Virginia somewhere. I'm up for suggestions.

15. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Dave and Busters is what I was going to suggest, since it is near where the NIH thingy is. So if we're all already up there, it might be a good thing to do.

I do think we need a back-up plan, as well as an updated phone list. So, if you want to throw your cell onto the list, shoot me a PM. I'll get the list out to everyone that wants one by Friday.

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Oh I forgot to tell everyone, Brandon is visiting his Grandparents until Sunday so we will be kid-free Friday!!!

YEAH!!! Now I get to play alittle while the Czar is away!! [face_laugh]

17. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    OK, so we'll meet at the metro as planned, and if it's dreadful rain or cancelled due to tropical storm winds, we go to Dave and Busters. Good plan! And everyone get cell numbers to Valerie so no one is stuck standing around, all pitiful and wet, looking for us.

18. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I've received a few cell numbers from people, but I know I'm missing at least a few. Even if you've sent it to me in the past, send it again because I'll never find it from before. Heh heh.

Where at the Metro station should we all meet up? Maybe near the ticket machine thingys? That way anyone who drives can still pop in and meet up easily.

19. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Just as a reminder for everyone, which Metro stop are we meeting at?

20. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    That would be helpful to know, huh?

It's the Grovsenor-Strathmore stop, which I believe is on the red line.

21. Bone-Jenga

Bone-Jenga Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2003
    Val, you should probably enter one last post that gives the explicit details as to what we're doing.

"Meeting at Grovsenor-Strathmore at ____ timeframe. In the event of rain, etc. we'll head up to White Flint station after meeting up at Grovsenor-Strathmore first and head for the Dave & Busters."

22. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Insert "6 pm" in that time frame slot, there, Boney. That way, if it's not raining (I'm so optimistic) we can get good seats for the movie.

edit - the weather channel website says just "a.m. rain" for Friday. There's still hope!!

23. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    well im out only got 20 hours last week. so i went and got a new job. im actually im off tomorrow but no money to get there. Life sux. oh well, im working on making a meeting or activity soon.

24. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    what is with you guys and Dave & Busters?

:p

25. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    What's wrong with D&B!?! Aren't we all just a bunch of big kids anyway!?! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.