main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC NIH Star Wars Showing, 8/13 - Meet-up / rain plans inside!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ditto what Wendy said and:

what else is there to do up near there if it rains? XD

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    What's with us and D&B? We've only been there once!

And it is conveniently right near where the movie is playing.

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    "You guys"?? What, you've disowned us now?

And, hey, it's not supposed to rain any more!! So, I remain optimistic!

Only that bad Hurricane Clyde (I know it's Charlie, but come on, it should have been Clyde) is only 70 miles from Key West. Boooo!!

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I agree that it should be named Clyde!

This is your last chance to get on the cell phone list for tonight! I am sending it out very soon.

Again, for those of you not following the whole thread, here is the plan: We are meeting at the Grovsenor-Strathmore Metro station at 6pm, by the ticket machines. We probably won't be hanging there for too long, so if you're late you better be on the cell list! In the event of rain or whatever, we'll head over to Dave & Busters, which is one Metro stop away.

5. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    It's Friday, and the evening hours are fast approaching. This is Big Night. The night where all my Star Wars pals will be attending a showing of 'A New Hope' up in Maryland while I toil away endlessly in a stuffy little room in a tiny community center in Arlington trying desperately to put together a show that no one will come and see anyway more than likely. And I'd just bet you're all probably asking
    yourselves, "Bruce, why do it? Why do you constantly involve yourself with these time comsuming acting projects that always seem to prevent us from seeing you?" Well believe me, I feel TERRIBLE knowing that you'll be sitting there tonight NOT enjoying this wonderful movie because you'll be lamenting the fact that I'm not sitting there with you shouting out all the lines before the characters do and waving my lightsaber wildly in the air each time one of our heroes appears on screen.
    Well all I can say if I'M SORRY and please forgive me for letting you all down like this! I promise to make this up to each and every one of you!!

God, I need help...

6. Oboewan

Oboewan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    Ok...

I'm gonna try and get out there... my cell is 571-332-0191 if someone would give me a call once the group is together I'd appreciate it..
    Leaving work shortly but it's a haul to get up there from Belvoir.

Jeff2

7. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    I have some photos up, now. Not that many, but it does feature the debut of our new mascot (thanks for coming out, R2!). The rest might be up by next week (definately before Dragon*Con). I think this may be the closest we got to a group pic that night. :D

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/wolfdog/nihsw/websize/nih-sw03.jpg]

You can view the rest, as well as the upcoming ones, here

8. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    A good time was had by all, I think - except maybe the couple in front of us. Well, too bad for them!

Bruce, I just hope this so-called "acting" is worth it!! ;)

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Nice pictures, wish I had been there. :( It wasn't the rain keeping me away, it was work. Stupid work.

10. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Nice Pic! I wish I'd gone but I had a training class that day and there would have been no way I could have gotten there on time. I'm glad you all had fun!

11. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I never get to have any fun. what happened with the couple in front of you.

12. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    The couple in front of us was generally shooting dirty looks at the SW nerds behind them, making all those unseemly comments! No sense of humor, I tell you.

13. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I had wanted to take a pic infront of the Maui Wowi (sp?) bar but by the time the movie ended, they had already started taking it down for the night. :(

14. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Sounds like a fun time was had by all. Wish I could have been there. You know Eugenia, I sometimes wonder if this "acting thing" is worth it...

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    It will be when we get to throw the GS Oscar Party for you!

16. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    The group next to me was pretty loud too. Oh wait, that was you guys. Never mind.

How can you go to an outdoor screening of Star Wars and not figure there would be geeks there. Little do they know that we geeks are everywhere? WE WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!! Then again ruling the world sounds hard. I would rather sit back and just mock other people.

17. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    mocking is always fun!

18. Greatandmightygonk

Greatandmightygonk Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Thanks for having me along, that was a blast.
    -Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.