main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Niiiice work, Rogue Squadron." Rogue Squadron Trilogy Wiimake Compilation in the Works?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think everyone is tired of Hoth, at the very least- so far as games that have it as a level in the regular campaign. RS3 at least tried to put a new spin on it by going on foot. Other games like BF sorta have to include a Hoth map otherwise people will ask why they didn't include one ;)

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, it is certainly true this game will include 2 to 3 versions of Hoth, but there are some fun, new levels too...particularly in the original RS.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    On the brightside, both the Hoth and Death Star bonus levels in the oruginal RS game weren't exactly accurate recreations, so they do provide some interesting variety.

4. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    I hate to be a bubble burster, but the Ewoks didn't actually live on Endor. It was actually one of Endor's moons where ROTJ took place (called the Sanctuary moon). :p

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The forest moon is also called Endor..:-B

[face_laugh]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Endor

7. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    [image=http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i282/nisus8/invasion23.jpg]

"NEEEEERRRRRRDDD!!!"

8. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    T2Q, I ask thee...why the K-wing?! I can see it now: flying 30 miles above the bleak deserts of Tatooine in the first mission for RS1, strafing the probe droids (and with them, homesteads) with the ridiculous amount of turrets mounted on said K-wing.

...But I may have a bias for a certain other bomber type out there, one that's been tried and true for the entire series. :p

9. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    BWing?

:p

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    No way, he's definitely talking about the Scimitar Assault Bomber.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I have a soft spot for the K-Wing, especially as it opens up a lot of weapon selection options (though highly unlikely, I'd love to see the K-Wing have a dedicated D-pad weapons selection menu in leiu of the squad commands.

It wasn't until it's depiction in the NEGTVV that I really wanted to see more of it in action. It feels like it's the Y-Wing successor in appearance. It feels truly OT in nature.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/2/27/K-Wing_NEGVV.jpg/800px-K-Wing_NEGVV.jpg]

From a gameplay perspective, you have rapid-burst speed accelerator like the V-Wing, and could use the d-pad to toggle between flechette missles, proton torpedos (or concussion missles- I don't think there's much of a difference that anyone will care about), thermal bombs and mines as your secondary weapon, while your c-stick or wiimote aiming could control the rotating turret lasers. Might even be able to work the escape pod-nature of the cockpit into a sort of "you're almost dead, but still alive with lighter load and defenses" gameplay mechanic.

Overpowered? Maybe- but isn't that part of the fun of unlockables?

12. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    On that last point about the fun of unlockables, you have me. :D
    I suppose it would be fun laying waste to the spaceports of Kile II in that thing, though like you said I'm *still* not holding my breath on it actually making it into the series.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I doubt there'll be any new ships added- and even if there are, it'll either be a "play all ships from all 3 games in all 3 games" scenario or "Episode III, Clone Wars or TFU starship" for a marketing tie-in. They're not gonna gonna include an EU ship or an original design.

Still, if you Factor 5 folks are reading this- K-WING!

And forget Kile II- the K-Wing is a capship killer- hellloooooo Endor!

14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If you want to get technical about it, then there's nothing to say your basic X-wing or Y-wing can't be configured with different weapons either. X-wing Alliance pretty much let every ship carry any warhead, while Rogue Squadron had that one level where your X-wing was armed with ion cannons.

15. CloneCaptainSock

CloneCaptainSock Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2008
    Somebody REALLY loves his K-Wing....

16. RedBelcha

RedBelcha Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2008
    yeah I'll be buyin this too.

As for the battle of hoth, its the best battle ever.

Its got giant walkers, how does that stop being fun?

17. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    If this game happens, they need to combine all the movie-based levels into a single playthrough "Trilogy Mode". Film footage (and perhaps an all-new level or two) could be added to bridge the levels, which would follow in one continuous narrative. Individual levels would serve as checkpoints for players who need to take a break and pick it up later.

STAR WARS levels
    Tatooine Training (RS version) (Players would have the option of skipping past this tutorial level)
    Death Star Rescue* (RS bonus mission)
    Death Star Escape* (RL bonus mission)
    Death Star Attack (RL)
    THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK levels
    Battle of Hoth/Battlefield Hoth** (RL/RS)
    Escape from Hoth* (RS bonus mission)
    The Asteroid Field* (RL bonus mission)
    Trials of a Jedi (RS)
    Escape from Bespin (RS bonus mission)
    RETURN OF THE JEDI levels
    Sarlaac Pit (RS)
    Speeder Bike Pursuit (RS)
    Battle of Endor (RS)
    Triumph of the Rebellion (RS)
    Attack on the Executor (RS bonus mission)
    Strike at the Core (RL)

Notes:
    This list is based on the notion that LucasArts isn't planning on creating new levels. Obviously if they get more in-depth, these levels could be changed or blended, and new levels could created to flesh out the list.
    *If possible, Death Star Rescue/Death Star Escape and Escape from Hoth/The Asteroid Field should flow into each other without a break, to play as if they were combined into a single level.
    **When Luke's speeder goes down, players could be presented with the option of continuing as Luke or switching to Wedge as in the original RL level.

18. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Also, you're looking at some major gamer-discombobulation from the differing Wedge voice-actors when you combine/connect levels from the two games -- Denis Lawson from Rogue Leader, and whoever the dude was in Rebel Strike. They'd probably end up having to get one actor or the other to come in and completely redo the dialogue from whichever game they weren't in to make it all match up.

19. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Fortunately, Wedge isn't really involved in the combined levels*. The only movie levels to feature the character are Death Star Attack, Battle of Hoth, Battle of Endor, and Strike at the Core, which are all from Rogue Leader and feature Denis Lawson. (unless I missed it and his voice pops up in Attack on the Executor)

*Battle of Hoth features Wedge, but Battlefield Hoth doesn't, so there's no problem there.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They already re-recorded Lawson's dialogue in RL for the co-op versions of th RL levels in Rebel Strike.

21. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    What about the original Rogue Squadren? Who voiced Wedge in that?

And should they try to splice in those missions as well, or just leave them separate, as they mostly aren't movie missions?

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the same voice actor voiced Wedge for all three (if you count the RL Co in RS) kinda like how they use the same guy to voice Luke in almost every game.

23. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    They made a big song and dance about how they got Dennis Lawson to be in Rogue Leader at the time, I remember.

24. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Yeah, plus there's the photo of Lawson on the exterior of the RL box, saying "Featuring the Original Wedge!" (or words to that effect). ;)

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah- I guess they didn't want to pay him rolayties again to re-use his dialogue for the RL co-op on RS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.