main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NIN] Ghosts I-IV

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Sebulba-X, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm usually up on all things nine inch nails, but I'd have to admit TR snuck this one past me when I wasn't looking. Anyway, new double album, if you want to call it that, of 36 instrumental tracks; 9 per volume (hence 1-4). Pretty cool all around, muscially, but what I imagine will be the subject of most of the talk about this is the release method.

With zero fanfare, Ghosts I was uploaded on a few bit torrent servers in DRM-free MP3s for free. If you liked what you heard, you have these options:

$5 Download - All 36 tracks in a variety of digital formats including a 40 page PDF. The download options are 320 kbps LAME encoded, FLAC Lossless, & Apple Lossless...which is nice, since I load everything into iTunes and don't have to bother with converting (or, more importantly, learning what i need to do to convert them)

$10 2 CD Set shipped April 8, 2008, but while you're waiting, you get access to a one time use download of the files to do whatever with.

$75 Deluxe Edition Package - Hardcover slipcase containing: 2 audio CDs, 1 data DVD with all 36 tracks in multi-track format, and a Blu-ray disc with Ghosts I-IV in high-definition 96/24 stereo and accompanying slideshow, shipped May 1, 2008, plus the one time use download link to get the files ahead of time.

$300 - Ultra Deluxe Limited Edition Package - Well, this already sold out, so the description is gone...bascially it includes everything from options 1-3, a Vinyl version of the release, a nice book of the photography, and each of the 2500 sets is hand numbered & autographed by T Rez.

[image=http://ghosts.nin.com/images/popup_product_ultradeluxe.jpg]

On top of all that, this release has been put out with a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike license, so you're free to remix it, copy, distribute, display, and perform it, etc.

http://ghosts.nin.com/main/home

Anyhow, they got the servers back up and going after the traffic of day 1 killed it. Downloaded all 600 MB of the Apple lossless version and am currently on track 34 of 36...if you liked the instrumentals on "Still" and to a lesser degree, The Fragile, then you really should be downloading this now, and letting my thread sink like an anchor that it normally is ( :p @Eeth).

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I have upped the NIN thread for this post...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.