Nine months 'til Supermegafest

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by BIEREN, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    When do you guys find out who from the GFFA is going?
  2. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    We usually start hearing about SMF guests around June or so, Kevin. I've heard a report that Kenny Baker's health is getting better, so he could be a potential guest.
  3. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    We need some more 1st time guests. I'd like to see Daniel Logan and Jake Lloyd.
  4. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm counting the days until SMF. It really was one of the best times of my life. I really, really loved it! :)
  5. FDC1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree. Would love to see Jake Lloyd and / or Daniel Logan at the con. Young Boba and Vader!
  6. McLOVIN Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome to these forums FDC1. :)

I would like to see some new guests also

Jake and Daniel would make great guests.

I would like to have more than 2 SW guests 3 or 4 would really be cool.

I wonder who SMF management will look to get this year.
  7. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Come hell or high water... I am going this year!

:)
  8. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Whats the SMF word in the Boston area?
  9. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
  10. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    And the countdown continues...

Just 5 months before SMF!

It's never too early to be on the look out for items for the basket raffles (or for that matter, cheap baskets).

Did we decide definitely on donating to MDA this year or was that still in the air?

Mike, I'll PM you... I need contact information and guidance on this one. :)
  11. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    It sounds like MDA was a positive choice with everyone so I say go for it. One lesss detail you have to worry about. ;)

Any help I can offer you Korey I'd be more than happy to. Just ask whenever you feel the need.

BTW, I started my donation pile about 3 days after last years SMF. :D
  12. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Chris has my RotS Clone Trooper, so if that doesn't go into the donations for JumpCon, it definitely will for SMF. :D
  13. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    The Super MegaFest site has updated, and I'm not sure if the new photos, which don't have names attached to them, on the page are those of actual guests for this year, but I could only recognize two of the pictures: Richard Kiel ("Jaws" from "Moonraker" {James Bond series}) and legendary WWF manager Jimmy "The Mouth of the South" Hart. No Star Wars guests in the photos.

EDIT: The Silver Surfer is the top photo, but I don't know the actor's name.
  14. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It says "More guests to be announced", and I'm sure Star Wars guests take time to get. And it's SMF - they never forget Star Wars.
  15. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    The guy from 'Voyage' is David Hedison. He was also in the original 'The Fly'. The Silver Surfer is/was Doug Jones.

Not sure why they're showing Tor Johnson from 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' since he passed away back in the 70's. I know George 'The Animal' Steel (who was a no-show last year) played him in the movie 'Ed Wood'.

They have a long way to go to match the great lineup they put together last year.
  16. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Come on, SMF, old buddy, don't let me down...

Bad SW joke.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.