main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Nine years later and I'm back on this site. Still with questions.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jason Fanning, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Jason Fanning

Jason Fanning Jedi Padawan

Jun 28, 2014
    Don't remember if I used to post much back then; probably won't now. But I do have some questions did anybody on this site ever get to discussing the highly historical nature of the PT. It clearly borrowed from Rome, Nazi Germany, European history. And the most obvious of all American history. And if you have noticed that then it should be easy to expect that chaos in the ST like these reports I've been reading is a high plausibility. Since the OT tore down a governing and economic system without any desire to replace it. I wonder if Luke's new world will resemble the British Empire after her fall or be more intense like the Dark Ages? Just some new questions from the video tape generation. Liked both PT and OT so let's not get excited. Thanks. Jason Fanning.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Jason Fanning - Welcome back. To answer your question, yes. That was discussed rather in-depth during the PT's release era and is still actually a somewhat relevant topic in our current PT forum. Particularly, the historical relevancy of democracies dying with thunderous applause. Try to stick around this time. Lots going on in the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Jason Fanning! :)

I just can second Chorus. You need to do some forum-archology to find those threads that cover your question or you visit/lurk in PT waiting for those threads coming up again. Maybe they make you posting a bit more than you think at the moment. Would be cool! But even if you prefer lurking, just don't forget to post every now and then. It's more fun, you'll see. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. Jason Fanning

Jason Fanning Jedi Padawan

Jun 28, 2014
    Based on any all historical models when a powerful republic/empire ditches implodes from within and ditches it's traditional religion Jedi in PT/ 20 plus years Sith till Return of the Jedi; more than likely a period of chaos will exist. Take present day Iraq a basic model US removes previous Sunni Dictator establishes a Shia Republic; a radical Sunni anarchy now ranges to it's north today. Ironically the Brits created Iraq after the first world war so their technically all just Arabs by another name. The Roman Republic/Empire model is the most probable to be borrowed from in these new films though I suspect the switching religions will just be Jedi/Sith like in the prior trilogies; instead of polytheism to Christianity. I doubt there will be a second republic like all the books had. But formulating a theory and getting responses aren't the worst of ideas. Maybe I'll work on it some and post to see if the Star Wars community is ready for it at large. I have a BA in History. Took a college class on the Mythology of Star Wars when Episode 1 came out highest grade point I ever received. Nearly have a BS in Music but that's a different matter; though the Cantina Band is playing Dixieland Style Jazz (not really Chicago style) with a bit of West African sounds. If anybody finds that thought interesting.