main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ninja Gaiden

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by WindexedStormtrooper, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Finally arrives on Tuesday. Anybody else going to pick it up?

2. Mortiorchis

Mortiorchis Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2004
    I get my copy on Monday. Hah!

3. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Hopefully the camera won't be a mess like 90% of 3-D action/platform games. It does look sweet though.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I loved the original!

5. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    this is the reason im loooking to get an xbox

6. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    The Reviews are pouring in and it looks like a winner. The Gamespot review is touting it as the best action game ever. Hard praise coming from them. They say it is a very challenging game where you can't rely on cheap AI patterns to win a fight. :D

Ninja Gaiden Reviews

Found this interesting:

[image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/561532_20040226_screen021.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/561532_20040226_screen027.jpg]
    Looks like there will be quite a few toys to play with.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm curious to see how this game turns out- particularly I need to know if it actually feels like Ninja Gaiden.

The NG series was fantastic- one of true staples of the video game Golden Age, and I'm happy to see it returning, I just hope it can do the original games justice and maintain that feel (since many franchises just don' feel the same when taken into 3D- with a few exceptions like Zelda, etc).

Regardless, if this turns out to be good, it might be the first X-Box-only game ever thats actually worth getting.

8. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    You mean...apart from KotOR, of course? (PC notwithstanding?) ;)

9. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    no way man.

Ninja Gaiden is old school, this game will waste KOTOR, IMHO

10. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Ah, I've waited a long time for this, I cant wait to get it, of course I hope I have enough money to get it....

Forcebewitya!

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> You mean...apart from KotOR, of course? (PC notwithstanding?)<<

Hence why I specified X-Box-only; I'll be getting KOTOR on PC, naturally ::)

12. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    well, ive played the demo at a freinds house and all i can say is that i'm getting this game tuesday :D

13. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Is it similiar to an RPG ala FF8 or is it more like an action/adventure RPG ala Zelda?

I've never played any of the Ninja Gaiden series, nor do I know much about it.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ninja Gaiden was a sidescroller action trilogy on the NES (and a prequel on Gameboy), and is notable to be basicly the first console game to utilize cinema cut scenes to tell a story.

http://www.classicgaming.com/ninjagaiden/frames.html

I haven't follow this games development- does this new one still feature Ryu Hayabusa? And does the main enemy of the game have any relation or connection to Jaquio or Ashtar?

[image=http://www.gamespy.com/gssked/aug11-aug17/ninja.jpg]

15. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Ryu is in fact the protagonist, and it does feature a 'dragon sword', but the story and most likely everything else is different, save for the possible cameo or easter egg. There was a demo released. Has anybody played it? Maybe they could shed some light?

Gamespot says the original NG trilogy games (not sure if it's the original NES Ninja Gaidens or the SNES release) are indeed in the game as unlockables, but aren't necessarily easily aquired.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well the SNES release was just a straight port of the NES trilogy with no enhancements, so they are the same thing basicly.

17. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I must second the finally sentiment---It seems like I've been waiting for this game an eternity!

I want this game to feel like the Ninja Gaiden saga, but really, we've already seen the game branched into 2 different segments prior to the Xbox game:

1) The arcade game
    2) The NES saga

So as long as it isn't a hacking & slashing DOA, I'll be happy. I'm also looking forward to the bonus games of the NES installments on the disc. :cool:

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    What was the arcade game?

19. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    The awsome arcade game was the original that started the Ninja Gaiden Saga. First in the series.

It was very fun, very addicting. And it was co-op.

Also, the Sega Master System and Genesis got a Ninja Gaiden game that never came out for the NES or Arcade. It was a side story to the NES trilogy. Hard as hell like the others.

20. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    Have you guys seen the videos. The blood pour is simply awesome looking. The graphics couldn't be any better. Sometimes, the occasional head will pop off. Hmm...Now i'm not just some bloodthirsty idiot, but just the feel that your fighting with a sword, and your rewarded visually is cool.

21. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I've been looking forward to the game for a very long time. I had the chance to play the demo this weekend for a few minutes, but it didn't live up to my expectations (which were admittedly sky-high). Too much jumping for my taste. But when there was action, it was enjoyable.

I'll rent this one and probably end up picking it up though, if reviews of the full game are any indication.

22. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    All the reviews I read said that there's just a butt load of weapons, and abilities, and they said there's nothing short about the amount of action. Also, they said that the demo is kinda pidly.

Also, for an action game as such, a 20 hour play time is alot. Now, that can be beaten in four or five sitting if you really want it to, but come on, 20 hours these days is very good.

23. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm not sure how much you played Dan, but the first part of the demo is to get you familiar with the controls. However once you enter the compoud it gets alot better.

24. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Ah, yeah. I played it at a Virgin megastore here in Orlando and there was a line to play so I moved out. The camera seemed a little nutty too, but nothing I can't deal with if the rest of the game is worth it.

But yeah, what you guys are saying matches the reviews. Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested in the game. I'm sure it'll be great.

25. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    20 hours of gameplay? Now thats what I like to hear. :D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.