main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ninja Gaiden

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by WindexedStormtrooper, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    How do you unlock them?

2. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I just bought this game and haven't played it yet. I heard it was insanely difficult.

3. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I've only really played it on 'normal'. On that level it's fairly difficult, but still doable. I'm scared of 'hard'.

4. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    I just got this yesterday, played it for 5 hours, and am at the Level with Han's bar. the level after you first find it. This game IS insanely difficult... I was playing the second level's boss for about 40 minutes before i finally realized that if i killed the guys, not just the boss, i would eventually get a life essence thing, and i wouldnt die as easily.

FUN game, but it is really really aggravating when you die after trying to get to a boss and you have to play through about 10 minutes of finding your way back to the boss since there isnt a save point between there... And then you die again at the boss. And die again, and again, and again...

Besides the monotonous parts of going back and forth to the boss because you cant save right before the boss, this game is really awesome. The moves are great, and controls are fluid, most of the time. Camara angles are sometimes annoying tho.

5. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    If you think it's hard so far...oh man. ;)

If you are having trouble with bosses, I have a two quick suggestions:

1) stock up on stuff. Even if it means killing respawning enemies over and over to get enough essence.

2) 'ultimate' techniques are your best friend.

6. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    The ultimate techniques are awesome. IF you dont have a boss that interupts your usage of them!!! The last boss i fought was the blimp guy, with the big gun. If youre too far away, he charges up his gun and then shoots like 5 times, and you can get hit up to twice during that. Its basically impossible to use the ultimate with him since he shoots you so often.

7. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    While this thread is up, and while I'm thinking about this at the moment (quite some time after the fact)...why the hell do I even need a flyer to enter Han's?

I mean, seriously -- here, I'm some supermegabadazz ninja who is capable of killing monsterous beasts with insane combos, and yet I can't take out some common bouncer?

Still working on wooden sword customizations...

8. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    So far, so good on this game. Everybody's right on how difficult it is, but to me, the harder a game is, the better. I have always enjoyed challenge.

9. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    The funny thing is, is that even though the game gets progressively harder, you become more and more powerful, so it kind of evens out. I had fewer problems with some of the final bosses than I did with the first boss.

some good news/bad news - the sequel for this game isn't slated until 2006

10. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I'll probably have the game finished by then.

11. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Is the plasma saber the same thing as the guards at Vigoor have? Cuz that doesnt look anything like a lightsaber, from what certain people say.

12. RaiderSC

RaiderSC Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2004
    I managed to make it to the 2nd to last level on very hard but then my xbox died one me. Haven't really played it much since then. Plasma saber is ok but I prefer the dragon sword.

13. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    I just beat Doku for teh first time and got his sword. It looks cooler and has a ranged attack so i use that now. I actually havent played any since i got the sword, but i like the moves that it has. I just need to learn all the combos, if there are any.

14. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    some good news/bad news - the sequel for this game isn't slated until 2006

Wouldn't that put it on the XBox next gen machine?

15. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    Impossible to tell this early on, but I'm sure it's a definite possibility. I kind of hope it is on their next gen machine, because the more 'good' launch titles there are, the better.

16. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    This game is getting me more and more PO'ed. I beat the game, and started again on Hard. The game so far hasnt been too dificult to get through, everything is about the same level of difficulty as it had been when playing on Normal, just because you didnt know how to play or any tactics when you started out on Normal. But on Hard, its too damned difficult in one spot. And annoying.

Alma. I think that she is the hardest boss in the game. Im getting so mad because ive tried to beat her about 10 times, and couldnt, and it takes like 10 minutes to get past all the damn zombie things to get to Alma, because there isnt a fricken save point in between there. Its so retarded! And when you get there, she can take your life down 3/4 in one attack with her purple light thingie. Its bull crap. Then when she throws the stone collumns at you, you can dodge two, then the other ones barrel into you.

I have a full health bar, 5 elixers of health, and 3 ninpo things filled, 4 if im lucky and one of the zombies drop one, and yet i still cant beat the stupid boss because she dodges everything i do. I have gotten so POed at this that im surprised my controler hasnt broken into 4 different pieces from me throwing it against stuff.

The fact that i cant beat her isnt the main thing that makes me mad, its that i cant save right before her, and i have to waste 10 minutes trying to get to her, over and over and over and over again. And then i die. And have to do that over and over and over again... Its pointlessly monotonous.

17. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    You talking about when you confront her in the cathedral the first time? Oy gevalt.

On another note -- new "Live" enhancements en route...and ohmigod, they've fixed that camera:

Ninja Gaiden Download

New enemies, new weapons, new camera, upgraded engine. Faster, harder, and free on Xbox Live. We've got the first screens and details.

June 23, 2004 -
    As if Ninja Gaiden needed to get any better, Team Ninja's stellar action title is getting some renovations in early August. In conjunction with the Master Ninja Tournament, Tecmo is releasing Ninja Gaiden Download, downloadable over Xbox Live for free. All you need is a Live subscription, a copy of Ninja Gaiden, and the desire to kill again.

Ninja Gaiden Download will be used for the second round of the Master Ninja Tournament, but can also be used offline without any need to ever touch the popular online tournament. Once downloaded, you'll need to start a brand new game to enjoy all of the improvements to Ninja Gaiden.

And oh those improvements. Check out everything Ninja Gaiden Download has to offer:

New Enemies: As you can see in the latest screenshots, there are a few new, mammoth enemies added throughout the levels. There are no new levels, but just imagine some of those old areas now having all new, tougher baddies. And, from what we hear, there are more enemies than what we seen in the screens.

New Weapons: There are three new weapons available in Ninja Gaiden Download. From what we understand, they will likely be available in the shop during the course of the game, but it's possible that one or more of them may be hidden in the game or earned from defeating bosses. The Bo Staff is featured prominently in the new screens, but don't worry, we'll have info on all three new weapons soon enough.

[image=http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/525/525886/ninja-gaiden-11-20040623052927490-000.jpg]

Mystery Extras: As you can see from the screens, Ryu has at least one new costume (a throwback to Dead or Alive and also appears to have some new Ninpo. What these new spells might be remains a mystery for now, but don't worry, there's other goodies we know about that more than make up for the mystery items -- just keep reading.

Improved AI: Ninja Gaiden creator Tomonobu Itagaki wanted to add some extra challenge to an already difficult game, so the AI has been improved to make all enemies smarter. Expect an even greater challenge, no matter what difficulty setting you choose.

New Camera: Now we get into what makes Ninja Gaiden Download a landmark Xbox Live download. Hearing the complaints of fans, Itagaki redid Gaiden's camera. You'll now have full 360 degree control of the camera. The camera will also be smarter, so you shouldn't have to worry about it being in too close or at the wrong angle when in a fight.

Action Engine: How do you improve Ninja Gaiden? Make it faster. Yes, you heard that right. When you download Ninja Gaiden Download, you'll get all of the above improvements, plus an upgraded engine that makes the action even faster. What will be faster? Everything. Ryu, the enemies, and most importantly the combat. All of it will come quicker requiring even greater reflexes. Think back to what it was like playing the "slow" version of Ninja Gaiden and imagine tossing shurikens while running along walls and battling four of those annoying brown ninjas at once. Now speed that up. Hear that sound? That's your brain about to explode.

[image=http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/525/525886/ninja-gaiden-11-20040623052923521-000.jpg]

Ninja Gaiden Download will be available in early August for Xbox Live subscribers who own a copy of the original game. An exact date and details on the second round of the Master Ninja Tournament are forthcoming, but remember that there's absolutely no need to be a participant in the tournament in orde

18. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    I wish i had Live to get the patch. Good stuff comin out for it.

But i recently picked this game up again after a month or so abstination, and im playing the thing through again with my old save slot so im doing a continuation. And i started at the second level today, and am now at the 11th level. It seems so easy... in spots. There are other times where you just want to throw the controler at the TV so bad.... But anyway, i got the Unlabored Flawlessness just a few minutes ago and have been playin with that. Now, i heard that this was the best weapon in the game. increased damage, and all that. Well, when i bought it finally, i wasnt impressed. Its a heavy weapon, for starters, and heavy weapons suck because theyre so slow! THey might do more damage, but theyre too slow for my tastes. The essence power up attack is its main redeeming factor. Its fricken awesome. Its like using a ninpo attack. But other than that, what is this weapon good for? I didnt notice too much more difference in the damage it did for regular guys, it seemed about the same as the Dabilahro or war hammer... And The Dabilahro seems cooler just because it has the whole Buster Sword look! So whats the big deal, eh?

19. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    "Hurricane Pack Vol. 2" is now en route:

IGN Xbox

...This news makes me feel warm in my special places.

20. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    This game's eating my balls even worse than before.

I've been stuck on the same phase since about an hour after downloading "Hurricane Pack 2." I came ridiculously close to passing the stage the other night, but got caught by the boss and hit with a grab that knocked off almost half of my energy before I could use any elixirs. I haven't been able to reach that boss (the demon king guy) since. I have two separate saved games on this. I started a second when I realized you automatically get the True Dragon Sword, and instead spent the money (and a bit more I worked for) on a fully upgraded Inazuma.

The Ogres are the real bastards...I pop off the single Ninpo I have immediately, which wipes out all the annoyingass pill-bugs, and hurts the ogres a good one. I absorb the pill-bug essence and just try to get off as many "ultimate" attacks as I can. Phase 5 wasn't as bad, though. Four Vigoorian Berserkers (tough bastards), Shadow Alma w/ minions (who was much easier than during the regular game for me), and what looked like Rachel with a whip arm as the final boss (very difficult, but fun to fight).

21. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i finally rented this game...and i love it!

i just beat Chapter 5...

im a block nazi, and it seems to be working out well...took me numerous attempts to beat this chapter. damn squid thing was easier than the 3 dinosaurs before it!

22. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    ya once you figure out how to kill the squid thing, its the easiest monster in the game.

i still HATE the stupid black spider clan ninjas... those guys suck. I just got an ethernet cable long enough to reach my xbox so im gonna be dl'ing the new patch thing sometime this week, and play whatever is on there... thats gonna be awesome.

23. Sebulba76

Sebulba76 Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2005
    So how good is this game?

24. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    It's a hard game. I played the first level for 2 hours. and gave up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.