main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO and beyond....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarWarsChick79, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsChick79

StarWarsChick79 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2003
    Now that the NJO series has come to an end...do you think they will write novels past the time of NJO, to go into more stories about the Solo & Skywalker children and how the Vong adapt to life on Zonoma Sekot?

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    welcome! there is a planned trilogy of books to be written by Troy Denning that takes place 5 years after The Unifying Force, to come out in 2005?, that may include part of the aftermath of the Vong invasion. while this trilogy is planned, it isn't definite.

3. StarWarsChick79

Dec 16, 2003
    THANK YOU for the info! I'm glad to hear that there is at least talk about writing more.

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I was under the impression that Denning has already begun writing his trilogy and that this is a definate trilogy. It is also due out in '05.

5. StarWarsChick79

Dec 16, 2003
    Is there any place where I can find information about this trilogy?

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    we might have a thread on it further down.

as to why i saw that it may not happen.
    at comic-con in july, the del rey panel mentioned the trilogy and it seemed pretty definite. however when james luceno came to town in november, he mentioned the denning trilogy as a maybe, and not definite. what that maybe means is up for speculation...

as for more info on the series, i'm not sure if there's all that much more to know.

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah, this will probably be locked soon. Try looking around the TOS Forums, that's where they were announced. There was also a blurb on TOS about the trilogy.

8. StarWarsChick79

Dec 16, 2003
  9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    yep, that's it.

10. russelguppy

russelguppy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Check out the link in my signature for a comprehensive discussion about what we on the Lit. boards think, or want to happen, in this trilogy and any other books set after the NJO!!

11. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    People are probably sick of the NJO but I'd like a Tales of the NJO book. With characters that were barely seen in the NJO, like the Wraiths, or Janson, maybe a story that covers Ackbars passing with more detail. A story about the Dark Jedi fron SbS and a story or two on the Imperials during the war. I'd like a book like this.

12. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Tales from The New Jedi Order! Why didn't anyone think of it before?

They should assemble the SW Gamer short stories, among other things, and bring in Zahn and some other good authors to write a couple of short stories for it! It'd kick ass!

13. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Why didn't anyone think of it before?

Actually, I think it's in the TOS that someone must mention it at least once every two months on this board. ;)

Rostani says Tales books aren't profitable, so we probably won't see one. :(

14. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Probably the only reason why they view them as not profitable is the number of authors who have to be paid for just one book. Even if it is a book of previously released material (the sotires from both Tales of the Empire and Tales of the New Republic appeared in the old Adventure Journals), I'm sure the authors still get paid for it.

As for fans not being intrested in these books, most folks on here seem to generally be intrested in the Tales of/from books, which suggests to me that it is possible most fans snatch them up. And why not? Their not novels but rather a seires of short stories. You can choose to read them from the start of the first story straight through to the end of the last story. Or you can read the stories in any order you please. These books appeal because they are Star Wars stories that do not take as long to read a full length novel. Reading the novels is great, but sometimes you want to finish the whole story in less time.

15. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Star Wars Chick:
    ...how the Vong adapt to life on Zonoma Sekot?

Only if you believe that there is any Yuuzhan Vong life left on Zonama Sekot...
    ;)

PM me if you want to know more...

16. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    I personally would also greatly appreciate a new "Tales of..." book. I often read various books when I travel to college(which by itself takes an hour), and these short books always keep me entertained throughout the trip.

17. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Another, one, Brett?????

Oh well, the future looks quite promising, just long as there are no resurgent Vong or Imperials.

18. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    Especially if you get some star author power in the Tales book. Have a story from Zahn, Allston, Stackpole, Denning, Salvator, these authors are among the most popular authors in the EU, that way you attract a wider set of readers instead of just having one author like Stackpole as the main draw, since some people might not like him and since he is the main draw won't be interested in the book.

What would be nice is if they ask the fans to pitch ideas for a story, they pick the best couple and have us vote on a story or two that we want to hear. For example say someone asked for a Katarn in the NJO story and Del Rey choose that as a possible, then with the other contenders they ask the fans to vote, if it wins then the fans are guarranteed one story they really want to read.

This would be a tough task, especially getting the ideas from fans since they would be given a lot of stuff and would have to choose a couple from that. That would take work since someone would have to read the ideas, sort out the rubbish from the okay stuff and so forth.

19. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Hey, I call's 'em as I see's 'em, Pelranius...
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.