main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO Books: Timeline Errors!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JaggedFel26, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaggedFel26

JaggedFel26 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Why do SO MANY of the NJO book Timelines (at the beginning of each book) have so many errors? I mean one time Empire Strikes Back was mislabled A New Hope. And this time around (Force Heretic II: Refugee) the book THe New Rebellion is missing. It so weird how this can go unnoticed by any publishers. Or maybe THIS error is just my book. Any other books out there HAVE the New Rebellion? Just thought I'd point this out. IM pretty bored at school right now, standardized testing week............:(

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, I've never paid much attention to the NJO Timelines in front, but considering all the errors in the books - ehem, Jaina's age ;) - it doesn't strike me as something especially odd. ;)

Aunecah

3. anakin85

anakin85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    The New Rebellion is missing from mine also.

You forgot about The Truce at Bakura being written twice in one the book's timeline. These timelines are always messed up.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    What about Jaina's age. She's last mentioned as 19, isn't she? Or has she suddenly gained a hundred?

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    It's just sloppy really. They take the one from before, they put it in again. Is it that hard?

6. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    I think the word "proofread" exists only in their imaginations. :p

I've noticed the repeated mistakes in the NJO timelines as well, it's pretty damn funny, lol.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Does anyone have an official reply from Del Rey why this happens. The response should be interesting, though I don't think it'd be informative.

8. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Does anyone have an official reply from Del Rey why this happens

Yeah, they tried to say they dont know why this happens, but some words were missing, some were in the wrong place and some were repeated in place of others.

;)

9. Lord_of_the_Siths

Lord_of_the_Siths Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    In Remnant, it said the comic Union took place the same year as Vector Prime.

I asked a VIP about it and she just said it was an error and that those things happen.

10. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Which goes to prove that nobody is perfect. Not even Lucas Books. Human error happens all the time. I've seen spelling errors in novels before.

11. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    LMAO reaper

12. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I don't understand why it changes. All they should need to do is take the same file and update it with only a few new entries.

13. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    They have Isard's Revenge before T3 and also SoA after PoT. Minor niggles, but they still itch.

14. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Good lord, that's hilarious!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.