main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO Casting Call

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by 7-7-7, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah, thats him. Whoever he would be, he would have to be evil (and have to be in the movies), if you see a picture of him from anything (mivies, photoshoots, premeres) he always looks evil. not to mention he has a cool calm evilnes to him (even though he does go on a rage as smith).

2. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    It would be funny if some tween star was cast to play Tahiri Veila (Examples of tween stars: Hillary Duff, Lindsay Lohan etc.). All the little seven and eight year old girls would be asking their parents to go, but the movie would be too violent for them to watch. :D

Is it bad that I would take pleasue from that? :confused:

3. Lethar

Lethar Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2004
    Hrm...

I'm going to add to my list later, but for now...

Old characters: Old Actors
    Anakin: Either Jeremy Lelliott or Kevin Zegers
    Jacen: One of the above two

Note on my opinions of previous posts: Tom Welling, though a good actor, just wouldn't... fit as Anakin, in my opinion. And Elijah Wood might be able to pull it off, though since he was Frodo... I just can't picture him in such a different setting.

4. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Hmm...we should do this as a debate and go one character at a time...move on when we have decided....my .02 *shrugs*

...I need some time to think of this...

5. WykdJedi

WykdJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    OK... those are good.. and i like the id of eliza dushku playing jaina solo. Hugo would make a bad ass vong ( or new evil supergenius). but nom anor keeps getting punked too many times and wouldn't do him any justice. Gillian anderson for Mara is Great, but it could also be... what's her name... silence of the lambs chick.... ahh.. jodie foster. she is a great actress. are there any places for Kevin Costner, Val Kilmer or Kurt Russell?

*Ducks and hides from potential blaster fire*

6. Talonah

Talonah Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 29, 2004
    You know, if Kyle Katarn did appear in an SW movie, I think Tom Cruise show play him.

No, I'm not joking. I saw the movie poster for Collateral, and I thought, Hey! He would make a good Kyle Katarn!

Compare a pic of Kyle and then the pic of Cruise in Collateral if you don't believe me.

7. Saturniia

Saturniia Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2004
    Okay, either I've gone 'round the bend, or I'm actually on to something. Maybe not for NJO, but definitely for Dark Nest.

The absolute perfect Jaina Solo is Hilary Swank.

Yeah, she's thirty, but she's one of the actresses who can play younger if she wants to. Maybe not an entire decade, but still!

Hilary Swank:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/saturniia/074.jpg]

Carrie Fisher:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/saturniia/carrie20fisher.jpg]

Harrison Ford:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/saturniia/hford.jpg]

8. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    Jag Fel- Ethan Hawke
    Jaina Solo- Shiri Appleby
    Jacen Solo- Gregory Smith
    Anakin Solo- Kevin Zeggers
    Ganner- James Marsters

9. Saturniia

Saturniia Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2004
    Ethan Hawke- hair's not dark enough, black hair would just be funny
    Shiri Appelby- actually my second choice, after seeing the Gavin DeGraw video
    Kevin Zegers- maybe
    James Marsters- maybe

I'm not sure I remember who the other people are.

10. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    You know, if Kyle Katarn did appear in an SW movie, I think Tom Cruise show play him.

No, I'm not joking. I saw the movie poster for Collateral, and I thought, Hey! He would make a good Kyle Katarn!

Compare a pic of Kyle and then the pic of Cruise in Collateral if you don't believe me.

You know i thought the same thing, and i'm ever so picky about my Kyle Katarn.

11. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Hmm...we should do this as a debate and go one character at a time...move on when we have decided....my .02 *shrugs*

I like that idea... it makes compiling a list less time-consuming and intimidating. :p

It also is easier to discuss if we're only discussing one at a time... less confusing. :)

Now it's four cents! :p

12. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    I'm going to cast Dakota Fanning as Tahiri. Not today, but a few years from now. She'll make an excellent Tahiri, in my oppinion. She looks the part and she's an excellent actress in her own right.

13. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    The perfect Tahiri to me would be Hayden Panettiere... you may best know her from "Remember the Titans" or more recently, "Raising Helen"!!!

Visual Aid A:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/andreaelleng/Panettiete_01.jpg]
    Perfect. Just think of the JJK covers.

Visual Aid B:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/andreaelleng/Panettiere_02.gif]
    Here she is a bit older.

14. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Anyone who has acted in a 'family values' TV series or a 'teen agnst/love' tv series, or indeed, has an acting career totally confined to a tv series, should not be considered for such roles by virtue of the fact they have not yet established an ability to actually act.

Since we're all dreaming here, we might as well dream up the best possible combinations, as opposed to who would look as hot as we've always pictured particular characters. ;)

15. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Picture Alexa Vega with blonde hair... :p

16. Y2Jedi

Y2Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2001
    Okay, so this is the first time I've been on tf.n in a bit more than a year. Damn. But last time I was here, I remember there being something very similar to this. I think it was an EU casting call in general. I remember the idea of Jeremy Irons as Thrawn being popular, and most people embraced Bruce Willis as Kam Solusar. That's all I really remember, though.

No one could really agree on Mara, and I don't think we ever will. I like Gillian Anderson, but I just don't think she quite has the edge. I've always thought Laura Prepon, if she was older.

Just for a small disclaimer, I'm not nearly caught up at all on NJO. I stopped at Balance Point. I know, I know. But I've started up again, and I'm trying to read through them and catch all up. So some of these I just won't know yet.

I like Elu's idea of taking these one at a time, because it just makes things so much easier. I think that makes it six cents now. But until that becomes official, I'll throw down my big long list.

Wykd, I think that Kilmer might make for a good Corran Horn. I don't know that he's exactly the look of Corran, but I think he'd do good from a character perspective.

As for Kurt Russell or Kevin Costner, I think they'd both need to be some sort of military. Especially Russell, who I could see as someone like Krey'fey. As the voice, I suppose. Though I always imagined a Bothan's voice to be much smoother than Russell's. I could also see Russell as one of the rebels on any world, um, rebelling against the Vong. The guy on Garqi, for instance, who's name escapes me.

I fully support the idea of all original actors coming back to reprise their roles. So the Trio and anyone else, Lando, Chewie, the droids, all stay the same.

Jaina Solo. I immediately thought Keira Knightley. She's about the right age. But I do like the idea of Eliza. Then again, I always like the idea of Eliza. :D

Anakin Solo...I don't know. I don't know many actors of that age category.

Jacen Solo. Again, I'm not sure. I think I'd rather see Elijah Wood in this role as opposed to Anakin's. It's quieter, and a bit closer to his age range. If not him, then maybe Welling. Again, I'm looking more age. But I don't know that I'd trust Welling for it. So I guess I have no idea.

As for Tahiri, I'm thinking Michelle Trachtenburg...berg? Whatever. I'm always a fan of using Buffy people in anything, because that show rocked. But I could see her playing a bit darker, and she could pass for about the right age. Hair's a bit of a problem.

Nom Anor. Someone mentioned Tim Curry at some point. I like the idea of him playing Nom Anor. He can play that slightly evil edge, and doesn't lose much from getting repeatedly duped, since he's also a great comic actor. And I know I'll get bludgeoned for this one, but I think Johnny Depp would make for an interesting Anor. He's one of those guys that can play both sides. And if we go back to Face/Off, there's always the possibility of Nicholas Cage.

Ganner Rhysode. Gonna have to go back to the Buffy, and say David Boreanez. He can play the light and easy Ganner, and he's got the serious side down, too. Plus, chicks seem to think he's hot, and that would work.

Miko Reglia. This is where I'd put Welling. He can do all that tormented pain stuff from Smallville, he's got the physical aspect of it down, and it's not terribly demanding. Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of his.

Jagged Fel. Age may be a bit of a problem, but I'd go for Ben Affleck. If he reprises his role as Matt Murdock, it'd be near perfect for Fel.

Kyp Durron. I could also see this going to Ben Affleck, but only in the event that Kevin Smith was directing. Because that's the only time Affleck is any good. Honestly, I can't picture anyone in particular, but I would say, if one was to be found with the acting ability to pull it off, either a pro wrestler or pro athlete. That, as I read it, is the exact attitude that Kyp has. That better than you, grand entrance, picture of perfection cockiness that those guys pull off so well. Maybe AJ Styles, though there'd have t

17. Y2Jedi

Jan 9, 2001
    Oh wow that was long. Sorry all.

18. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Borsk Fey'lya: Michael Rosenbaum
    Nom Anor: Jim Carry
    Danni Qui: Allison Mack (From what I've seen of her acting in Smallville, I think she would make a really good scientist)
    Kyp Durron: Keanu Reeves
    Wruth Skideder: Tom Welling
    Ganner: The Guy from Angel seems like a good fit
    Jag Fel: Orlando Bloom (although he might be a bit old for the part)
    Talon Karrde: Bernard Hill (I think in LOTR he looks exactly like a blonde, long haired Talon):
    clicky
    Pellaeon: Sean Connery seams to be good
    Corran Horn: Pierce Brosnan
    Iella Wessiri: Rosamund Pike

19. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Kiera Knightly would be an excelent Jaina. (I'm told my sister and I look like her, and I always picture Jaina looking a little like my sister, but my sister doesn't act.)

Actually, Alexa Vega has blonde hair. She dyed it for Spy Kids so she could look semi-hispanic.

As for Yuuzhan Vong, I have a couple of freakishly tall cousins who'd look right at home as Yuuzhan Vong! Or Wookiees!

20. Y2Jedi

Jan 9, 2001
    Hey, nice call on Bernard Hill there. He may be a good one to use for Booster, too. Is Booster ever in NJO?

And I forgot to do Mirax. But I have no real good suggestions. Carrie Anne Moss was a good one.

Oh, and I've decided that Kevin Garnett is exactly what I think the Vong are built like. So he has to be in the movie.

21. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I still think my cousins would make good vong... :p

22. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    I agree with some other people in here that Jaina should be played by Eliza.

And for Kyp, I say Karl Urban. He's perfect for it IMO.

[image=http://www.anakmedan.com/layar/images/111003_karl.jpg]

:Targeter:

23. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    ^ I've always though that his face looks much wider than Kyp's.

24. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Anakin Solo: Kevin Zegers
    Jaina Solo: Keiran Knightley or Eliza Dushku
    Jacen Solo: Tom Welling
    Mara Jade: Kate Beckinsale
    Borsk Fey'lya: J. Depp
    Nom Anor: Tim Curry
    Danni Quee: Elisha Cuthbert
    Kyp Durron: David Borneanz
    Wurth Skidder: Heath Ledger
    Ganner Rhysode: Christian Bale
    Jag Fel: Orlando Bloom
    Talon Karrde: Jason Isaacs
    Shada D'ukal: Famke Jannson
    Pellaeon: Sir Derek Jacobi
    Corran Horn: Ben Browder
    Iella Wessiri: Catherine Zeta Jones
    Bel Iblis: Sean Connery
    Tsavong Lah: Hugo Weaving
    Tenel Ka: Jolene Blalock

25. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    If they want to make the EU into something to watch, CGI movies and voice overs are the way to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.