main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO: Concurrently Running Novels

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthparth, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I remember something about how a group of NJO novels, though released separately, will run concurrently in the SW Timeline. Which novels are these? I imagine it will be each novel concentrating on one or two characters and events, and perhaps later novles tying it all together?

Discuss.

darthparth

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Dark Journey, Enemy Lines and Traitor. They pick up where SbS left off. The first covers Jaina and her group, the second Han, Leia, Luke, Wedge and the NR remnant, and the third Jacen, Vergere and the Vong.

3. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Is there a picture of Jacen, and the vong? Is it out yet? The cover I mean.

4. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    No, the cover's not out yet. The book is due October 2, so the cover should be out within a couple months...

5. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Is this confirmed anywhere?

6. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    Thanks for the info Mastadge - are those the only 3 like that? Then, I assume, at the end of Traitor - everything is back together in one story line moving in chornological order?

7. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Everything is probably back together for Destiny's Way, the next hardcover.

The story may split again after that novel, between the Force Heretic trilogy and the solo paperback (author, title unknown) that follows it, and come together again in the final hardcover.

Or the story may proceed linearly after Destiny's Way through Force Heretic, the final paperback, and the final hardcover.

At this stage, I'd say that it's anybody's guess.

8. Darth Thrawn

Darth Thrawn Jedi Master star 3

Mar 18, 2000
    Check the Books section release schedule, it says Stover will write the last PB of the series before HC5, although im more inclined to believe this to be a typo than actual fact

9. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    DP, do note that Enemy Lines is a duology: Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand. ;)

10. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    That's a typo -- Stover's next book, coming early 2003, is a prequel-era Hardcover novel. He won't be doing any other NJO novels after Traitor.

11. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    This is the first time that I have heard of these novels running concurrently.... where did you hear this from.... can you confirm?

12. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Not confirmed officially anywhere...I think originally word came from GhentZ...also, the use of the word "meanwhile" on TOS's description...

13. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    "In Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham, Jaina Solo's escape from the Yuuzhan Vong forces her to seek haven in the Hapes Cluster where the Jedi are held responsible for a tragedy long past. The young Jedi is caught among sinister hosts, murderous pursuers and her own thirst for revenge.

Meanwhile, in Aaron Allston's Rebel Dream, the New Republic Council has lost hope for victory, ordering Wedge Antilles to take control of the military to cover their retreat. Not willing to accept defeat, Luke, Mara, Han, Leia and Lando establish a Resistance... just like old times." - OS

That, and JediNet's report led to my ascertination that the books run concurrently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.