main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO Death Toll: Who Will Die Next (This is Not a Poll!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by AERYN_SUN, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    mara & jaina? no, 'cuz then ben gows up without a mom.

new tally:

ackbar
    lando
    kyp
    mara
    jaina

my vote: nom anor has to die at some point. one of the vong has to die, prefably an important commander or something.

2. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Nom Anor will definately be killed. They won't kill off Wedge. They can't. Most people would be even madder than they were when Anakin died. Maybe Tycho. Ackbar will, probably Lando.
    NO MORE SOLOS!!!!!
    Definately not Corran.

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh, and please add Han to that list too. I just imagine him saying something over the comm. as the Millenium Falcon goes out in a blaze of glory. Maybe they could pull a Kevin J Anderson and have him escape in some escape pod so people could think he was dead but then he'd still be alive. ;)

And Luke grew up without his real parents. Do you honestly think ANYBODY in that close-knit group would allow Ben to grow up all alone without a ton of support? Contrary to what everybody thinks, foster parents aren't that bad. I guess too many people read Harry Potter. ;)

Jae Angel

4. BIOHAZARD

BIOHAZARD Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    i think Vaylin or Jysilla should die and Corran turns dark. or maybe even Mirax and Booster goes on a vengeful rampage.

5. Blue-Blade

Blue-Blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    I think that they will save the main ones till the last book of the NJO,then I think either Luke or Han will give their life to save the galaxy.Most likely Luke.

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    lando (likely)
    ackbar (maybe)
    kyp (likely)
    wedge (maybe not)
    Nom Anor (likely)
    Tycho (not sure)
    Han (not sure)
    Vaylin (not sure, but maybe likely)
    Jysilla (not sure, but maybe likely)
    Luke (likely)

~ i've heard a lot that luke might sacrifice himself for the good of the galaxy. it would be interesting if the authors actually followed through and ended the series this way ~

i just had another thought on who else might die? what about ganner? he was a big part of the series in the beginning but the authors have toned down his appearances...i think he might die next.

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    :_| I don't want Luke to die :_|

Why would Luke sacrifice himself?

I know foster parents aren't so bad.....but think about it.......Luke was raised by foster parents.......and not allowed to do anything until they were KILLED!

I just think it'd be nice to have one character raised by both biological parents, for once.

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    it's not official that luke will sacrifice himself at the end of the series, but that's what been said a lot on boards and elsewhere.

9. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Aeryn: Have you read Traitor yet? If not, I recommend you do, because it has a lot of stuff about Ganner.

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i've read parts of traitor, not the whole thing.

11. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I know foster parents aren't so bad.....but think about it.......Luke was raised by foster parents.......and not allowed to do anything until they were KILLED!

Oh yeah, but in the same way, could you possibly imagine Han telling Ben that he couldn't do anything because it was too dangerous? Pffft! :p And I don't think they'd kill off BOTH of Ben's parents. If I were a writer, and I had to pick one based on an artist's standpoint, I'd pick Luke to die. Even though I dislike Mara with a passion. :p

Heheheheh, who would Mara pick to be Ben's stepdad? All the good smuggler scoundrels are now married! :eek: Any ideas? ;)

Jae Angel

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Who ould Mara pick to be Ben's stepdad? All the good smuggler scoundrels are now married! [/link]

i think mara can handle ben on her own...i mean, she'll still have whoever left is still alive by the end of the series to help her and plus, if they rebuild the jedi academy, instant babysitters :D

13. Obi-Zon_Genobi

Obi-Zon_Genobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    I doubt Luke will be dying because I'm not sure Lucas licsencing would let Luke die I mean think about it Star Wars with out Luke Skywalker. He was basically the main character in the movies (not counting Anakin).

14. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    If they kill Kyp off, I am boycotting the NJO all together. [face_plain]

Nom Anor is probably gonna stay till the near end of the series.

I hope Corran goes.

--Den

15. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
    Kyp's not allowed to die for awhile :(
    He's my choice for the next death. All that horrible hitting on Jaina, makes me want to vomit, he's almost twice here age!

Jaina, Jacen and Jag are going to stay. They're just not going to die, not while Jacen carries the new truth about the Force.

Han and Leia are here to stay aswell, they've got to watch over the Republic.

Luke and Mara I don't think will go. Luke (though I hate to admit it) is to important to die right now.

Well, that's my opinion :D

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Yes, I'm resurrecting this thread (again). It's been awhile since I've read the njo books, so I'm curious about who people think will die now.

~aeryn

17. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Palaeon. As much as I like the guy (as much as I've always liked him) I think they set him up in FH1. (Plus, he's really old!)

18. Anakin_Solo02

Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    is say that this is most likely one being the most likely, and so on....

1. Mara
    2. Kyp
    3. Corran
    4. I'd really like to see them kill either Luke, Leia or Han not because i don't like those characters, i love them, but it would be very interesting and dramatic.

19. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    corran won't die. and neither will Mara (unfortunately) but kyp just might.

20. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, whoever said Ganner...wow.

And Kyp may very well die, but if it's cuz of a stupid mistake, it'll be someone else's-- like that Waxarn Kel fool. Kyp's actually starting to seem worthy of my reading time. And one of the Horns might die, just because the authors hate Corran.

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    interesting :D

~aeryn

22. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    Why do they have to kill anybody else off? Can't they all just live happily ever after??

Also, they had better not kill Luke. I don't care if he goes heroically or not. Luke, Leia and Han are Star Wars.

Lastly, Corran will not, I repeat will not die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.