main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC NJO discussions - get involved!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Mar 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    This is just an opening for all those in victoria who have a) read all the current NJO books b) liked them c) loved them d) and who wish to discuss the future of the series, pro's and con's of the series, and broach any rumours our spoilers that have been heard. I hope this thread gets off the ground or i might have to taint my dear self and go back to the predoominantly yankee doodle dandy people in the Lit section of the EU.
    C'mon get into it. I'll get the ball rolling with a topic.
    Which Jedi would you like too see go to the dark side, and/or launch against the Vong with unbridled enthusiasm?

2. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    how about an opinion from Perth... at least it's the same country :)

I reckon it could be interesting to see just how strong Anakin is and if he'll follow his namesake in his attempts to turn back the tide. If Jacen hadn't stopped him in the Corellian system, things might be going differently now.

3. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I have read them all so far and really loved them. Can't wait to get EoV: Conquest.

4. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    I would like to know more about the kids, but I'm also annoyed at the way Han and Leia are being treated by various writers.
    Still waiting for the next book

5. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    I think that Kyp Durron is going down. I haven't read Conquest, but i don't think he's properly recovered from his last little trip to the Dark Side and this time i think he's going to take a few people with him, maybe even Anakin.

Has anyone noticed that Kyp's followers keep dying all the time? Someone obviously decided that his way is a big No No.

6. ForceFire_Jade

ForceFire_Jade Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2000
    YEAAAAH!!! I have noticed that! Kyp is so gonna turn to the Dark Side for good! There's one thing I hate bout Vic...and that's we always get the books last! And if anyone here goes to Chadstone, they like don't sell Star WArs books anywhere!!

7. Dark_SithLord

Dark_SithLord Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    hey what are these NJO books? New Jedi Order?
    they sound pretty mad, can i get them from the library??

8. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    guys just a little probe of the code of conduct for this particular forum.
    not long back myself and a couple of others tried to sutbly insert some old fashioned roy and H.G. Humour into the Lit section. this was flat out rejected. **bunch of humourless so and so's...**
    But anyways, the main concept was to discuss any and everything star wars - in that case Lit, but here can be anything - in the same manner as our rather laconic national hero's.
    those familiar with them will no the allure of their comedy. so hows a bout i start it up here? will people join in? will you 'be exxcited'? or will the same old people shout for such a different approach to discussion be thrown into EUC?

just feeling the water before i jump in...

9. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Greetings P.O.T.

These forums, the same as all the other, are governed by the rules of the Boards.

But as far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't defame, insult or ridicule anyone...go for it.

Come to think of it, those rules wipe out most comedy. :)

10. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Well i have read VP, EoV1, HT, JE. that's all the Kingston Library service has on NJO. :( I can't find hardly any Star Wars books anywhere (Only the older ones ie: TTT, BFC and the X-Wing series)

Anyways go for it PoT! Might keep Killer Ewok's mind off taking over our forum.

11. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    No fellow forumers are targeted in the making of such a thread....perhaps certian characters from SW are ridiculed etc..but all in jest, and not in the fashion of certian hater communities...

12. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Chadstone really is quite sucky as far as SW books go, Dymocks chain of stores usually have a good range, and i am lucky enough to live just outside of Frankston which has a Dymocks store whose manager is ALSO a SW nut and ensures that every copy of every new book is bought in on bulk. I always have my books on the release date...
    **dreamy look in his eyes**

13. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    Thanks for that PoT! :D I live near Frankston too, just to the north. Now I know where I'll get my SW books from now on. :D

14. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    AH some locals!!

You may change your mind about Chadstone now, as they have got the new Borders book store . . . absolutely fantastisc.

15. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    Too bad. Chadstone is too far away for me. Either Frankston or Southland.

16. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    yeah!! Borders is fantastic!!
    how good is the music database?
    oh yeah, Elegos, if ya desperate to get to chady, just catch the train into southland and catch the bus into chady...bit of a roundabout route, but effective!
    btw, the dymocks store is kinda hard to find, but is just down the arcade from sanity, outside bayside. the guy said that the Australia shipment of Rebirth will be here by 6th of August. try to preorder!

17. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    Will do PoT! I'll make the journey in the next week.

18. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I'm glad I should be getting my copy earlier than that! :)

19. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    Did you enter that contest about getting Rebirth then reviewing it from Starwars.com?

I did. :)

20. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Yes I did, but I will get my copy earlier than the Australian release date, regardless.

21. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    Ahh, did you order it from somewhere where it's coming out earlier?

22. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Wish I could get my copy earlier. :(

23. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Yeah me too.........?

24. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    I must remember to and pre-order it quickly, like tomorrow. :)

25. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    My Lord, the things you find when you search on a our other pages...all 3 of them!!
    What history this forum has, what depth!

Why not kick this thread off again? We need as many as we can, to kick start a renewed interest in this forum.

Some have told me my devotion to ressurecting the Victoria FF forum is unhealthy, and a hopeless quest, but I have faith (as in the fanatical, rabid religious fervor type faith!!) That you, my fellow Victorian Comrade's, will aide me in my quest to wrench Victoria back to the topline of state FF forums!!

So get bloody talking about the NJO, or bookstores, or geography, even if you don't have the faintest idea about the subjects, what is going on or where you are!!

Get posting, and get exciteD!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.