main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC NJO discussions - get involved!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Mar 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adakin

Adakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    I can tell you that I am a buyer for a chain of bookstores here in Australia.
    That means that any day now Random House should come in & present AOTC. Its out on April 22! WOO HOO

2. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Is that for all of Australia?

3. Adakin

Dec 11, 2001
    Supposedly but publishers have a habit of running late. The joys of printing!
    I'll let you know for certain as soon as I get the info.

4. Zyphyr

Zyphyr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2001
    I noticed someone mentioned library copies of NJO earlier. I live in Wodonga (ie. not so much beyond the Black Stump as the lavatory break on the way), and it's very hard to get Star Wars books in the shops up here, unless they are the latest releases.

Ironically they have pretty much ALL of them in our local library system! I just finished reading the hard cover edition of 'Cloak of Deception' (admittedly not NJO, but still quite new) which would have otherwise cost me $40 to buy. And according to their booking system they have Star by Star on order. :D

So maybe Star Wars fans should consider moving to Albury-Wodonga for their reading enjoyment... As long as all you need to exist on is Star Wars books and nothing else of course :)

5. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    That's up near Albury isn't it?

Not that much of a hole.

Say what you will about Frankston, but our stores always have the books, and our Libary tends to get them all in within a month of their release.

Dark Journey is out on Feb 1 in Aussie, if anyone is interested, but I am getting it on the 22nd.

Hooray! *does happy dance* that's what happens when you get friendly with the staff at your local book store!

6. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Alright, new topic!

Will Luke be dead by the end of NJO?

7. Zyphyr

Sep 13, 2001
    Yeah, Wodonga and Albury are right next to each other. The evil state governments are trying to amalgamate the two cities into one at the moment, even though local polls put the population at between 80% and 95% AGAINST such a move.

*Sigh* Ain't democracy a wonderful thing?

Oh, and I personally don't think they'll kill Luke off. He's far to central to the ongoing story. At least that's my hope! I don't want little Lukey to die! :_|

8. Zyphyr

Sep 13, 2001
    Tee hee!

I just picked up Star by Star from the local library today. :D :D :D

I put in a request about a week ago, since I noticed they were in the process of purchasing the book. I thought there'd be a queue a month long, but I got it first!

*Does the ewok victory dance*

I tell you, if you had to judge a town just by library performance alone Wodonga would be the only place worth living in in Australia!

9. Bee_Two_Dee_One

Bee_Two_Dee_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2001
    *spoilers ahead*
    Just Finished Star By Star
    I think it's the best of the series so far. T.Denning really got inside of the characters and gave each one it's own space.
    Couldn't belive it about Anikin though and then Jaina.. I mean the Darkside.. that'll make for some more interesting directions to go in, can't wait.

10. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I don't believe that Luke will die by the end of NJO...

11. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Either do I, but I needed a topic!

Spoilers.*******
    Will Jaina make a quick recovery our delve further into her Dark lurkings?

ENd spoilers***

12. Bee_Two_Dee_One

Bee_Two_Dee_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2001
    *spoilers abound*
    I think that they'll have Jaina travel down the dark side and redeem herself later, as for Luke, I don't think so, not until Ben is a lot older

13. Adakin

Dec 11, 2001
    Woo hoo!!
    The novel of ATOC was just presented to me by Random House!
    I got a copy of what was going to be the original cover (Obi Wan looking down in his robes) but it has since been changed to one of the painted covers of the usual SW kind!

Also got a promo presenter about the upcoming marketing for it.

Interesting to note RH is being kind of low key about it. I think everyone got pretty badly burnt last time round from the flood of product. Of course that didn't stop me from getting damn excited!

14. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Interesting that Lucasfilm allowed the book to leave the hands of RH before the film comes out, I thought they would keep a tighter lid on the plot and storyline for AOTC then Saddam has on his 'weapons of mass destruction' program.

But hey, if you got it, best of luck to you! I envy your ability to read the books before all others.

Have you laid eyes on Rebel Dream yet?

15. Adakin

Dec 11, 2001
    Unfortunately not the book just the cover!
    Same goes for Rebel Dream! I have the cover in my hand woth the marketing plan but no words to go with it!
    Oh well not to long to wait.

16. Zyphyr

Sep 13, 2001
    Marketing plan? You're kidding aren't you? I would have thought that any SW book would be for a bit of a niche market and thereby not really worthy of an entire marketing plan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.