main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO Ending

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nightsun, Jul 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    In the next few books the vong will continue to hunt jedi while secretly mounting their attacks toward coruscant. During this time the jedi will leave the new republic because of the warant for Luke but will continue to fight and learn more about the vong. Eventually the vong will take coruscant but by the time they actually take it the jedi will have talked the shamed ones into believing they are a worthy people and the shamed ones and the slaves will begin overthrowing the worlds the vong took from within because it is very clear that the shamed ones and the slaves out number the warriors possibly 50 to 1. Then Anakin and other jedi will unite those worlds together along with the chiss and the remainder of the new republic fleet to go in and eventually take the galaxy back from the vong. Somewhere in one of the middle books afew jedi will turn to the dark side out of anger. Anakin will end up killing one of the dark jedi Luke tells him that he could have been turned back. This causes a huge conflict and Anakin starts teaching his own beliefs in the force. His teachings are based on that not everything exists in the force and that the force is atool to make life easier and safer from danger but Lukes order believe Anakins ways are to close to the dark side, and in the years to come Luke's son will be the one to breach the two orders back into a unified branch of jedi with a new council that will consist of three members from each group and three non-jedi to determine just how much the jedi will do for the galaxy.

ask all the questions you wish about this theory and I will explain how I came to this conclusion!!!!!!!

2. KFSS-264

KFSS-264 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2001
    Wow, I was with you right up until the part about Ankin branching away from his Uncle. I have read the info about the warrant for Luke from the Peace Brigade, also a small group of powerful Jedi will allow themselves to get captured and attack the Vong from the inside. I would not be suprised if some Jedi go to the dark side, it is only a matter of time before Kyp goes back, I have always thought that (personal belief). I just don't buy the part about Anakin going agains Luke? I could be wrong?

I does sound like a sound theory......

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Please explain then.

4. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    Anakin is the first and only jedi to even believe that the force does not exist in all things he realizes this in conquest and it says right there that the other jedi are just scared to admit that there is something out there greater than the force I believe luke and other jedi will have a hared time accepting this therefore Anakin will start his own teachings of the force until they ca come to a compromise.

I also forgot to mention that Vergae will play a huge role on informing the jedi on the vong lifestyle and this will lead to the jedi helping the shamed ones

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    But what happens if it is discovered that the Force is actually different in the Vong and their biotech? If this is so, it would mean that Anakin accidentally tapped into the difference by using Vong biotech in his lightsaber.

6. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    part of what made anakin able to sense the vong in a force like way was being able to understand them a little better the vong use no type of the force they create biotechnology that interacts with everyone not just individuals with special skills. the luminent crystal is a bio-tech device that senses brainwaves but it is in no way like the force because everyone canuse it

7. KFSS-264

KFSS-264 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2001
    Again, the part about Verggei (sp) makes sense. I think Jacen will have something to do with this "new way" of thinking. Based on his force experience at the end of BP. To this point we had only seen Luke have an experience even remotely close to what Jacen did. But, I don't see either of them going against their uncles wishes?

8. Admiral_AJax

Admiral_AJax Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2001
    I do believe a new order will be centered around a new kind of Force. Since there will be plenty of more books before the ending I think that the more important Jedi will also question this outside Force, especially the Solo twins, like Anakin did and find that there really is a greater force in the universe.

I don't see a resolution to the vong conflict as of yet though. I think it's still early in the series and there's just so many outcomes that can happen.

9. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    i agree with most of it, but not the anakin part. I think a deeper understanding of the force will come out, not a different one.

10. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    think... anakin felt lukes weakness and his beliefs of how the force should be used is different from the other jedi he agrees some what with kyp and somewhat like luke but now he has a whole new view of the force that no one but maybe tahiri feels. What I'm talking about is a deeper understanding in the force that anakin is the closest to discovering.
    and don't forget lukes forshadowing that anakin will be the one to stop the vong, all these things lead to a new deeper understanding of the force that could bring a new fraction of jedi taught by these new deeper beliefs of the force and anakin is the logical one to teach this new fraction

11. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    i think that all of the conflict with create a deeper understanding...

luke is not right.. anakin is not right.. together with jacen they will be able to form a deeper understanding of the force than just the presence of midischlorians.

12. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    there is no mention in any of the books that the jedi even no about midichlorians
    please explain

13. Hunter233

Hunter233 Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2001
    They don't know cause the Emperor destroyed it. THat's probably one of the many tidbits of Jedi knowledge that has been lost to the galaxy, because the Emperor destroyed the records and Obi-Wan and Yoda just didn't have the time to teach Luke everything.

14. General_Tekno

General_Tekno Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2001
    Here is a thery:
    The Jedi find out that the Vong gradually lose their medi-chlorians as they get more and more implants. That wuold explain why they cannot be sensed.

Also, I think that Fey'lya will die, and COruscant will end up being taken by the VOng. Do you think Luke will croak?

15. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    there is no way that the implants are the reason the jedi can't sense the vong because they can't sense the shamed ones either

16. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Hmm...interesting thread. I think what some of you are saying is right, but there are bits that I don't agree with. I agree with most the stuff Nightsun said, but it stops at the Anakin killing the dark jedi thing. Here's my view: (please, if you adamantly disagree, be nice about it!)

Anakin sees the Force and yes, like all Jedi *does* believe in it, but he believes in it much differently than all the other jedi do. I'll try to explain this like I did on another thread: He seems to see that there is ONE essential truth to the universe, and let's compare that to a radio. But a radio has a lot of different stations, right? From what I understand, in Conquest, he realizes that the "Force" taught by Luke is only a PART of that big universal truth--only a wavelength on a radio. All the Jedi and people of the GFFA are attuned to THAT wavelength of this universal truth, and the Vong and their biotech are attuned to ANOTHER wavelength, BUT OF THAT SAME UNIVERSAL TRUTH (the radio!).....

That didn't make sense, did it?

So I don't think that the Vong started out on the same "Force" side as the people of the GFFA then changed along as they added implants (because 1. they ARE from another galaxy and 2. the implants are from the same place...they are life, and they can't rob the Vong of their "force" signature).

Ah, to Nightsun's theory: Well, I think it's very likely that a Jedi will turn to the DS...it almost happened with Daeshara'cor, and with EVERYONE losing hope--I mean, Luke's arrest is proof enough that everything's BAD--it's bound to happen. But I doubt, that even in battle with one, Anakin would kill a jedi. First of all, they would have to know each other--I don't think ANYONE would find it that easy to kill someone you've been working alongside with for years. Second, look at Daeshara'cor--Anakin brought her back from the DS, and even in Conquest, he was upset that Vua had killed another Vong, even if he was a shamed one. I mean, this is a VONG and Anakin never even spoke a word to him, and he still felt bad. His actions may be rash, but I seriously doubt he'd kill another Jedi, dark side or not, in a way that would make Luke upset with him. Ever since the beginning of NJO, not only Luke but other high-ranking Jedi have commended Anakin on his use of the Force, even after Centerpoint. If he ever goes and does kill a Dark Jedi, then there's got to be a *good* reason for it.

I think Anakin has found the deepest level of understanding the Force than any other Jedi in existance--there might've been Jedi ages ago that believed in this "wavelength" theory, but it would have been passed on. Judging from TPM and all Prequel books, none of the Jedi considered it.

Now, Anakin can sense the Vong somewhat, and NOT because of the lambent, but because of the way he sees the Force. If it was the lambent, he wouldn't of sat there trying to make his lightsaber turn on. Because of his changed beliefs was he only able to activate the lambent. After that, I think in the Force he became perceptive enough in the Vong "wavelength" to sense them out a bit better.

I do believe that Anakin will tell the other Jedi about his new beliefs...and yet there is the possibility he won't. He knows that there would be a HUGE controversy on it--the Jedi were raised believing in the Force, but no where near the way he put it. I think Star by Star (WAAAAH I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT!!) will further go into detail about this. By reading the short and very aggravatingly spoiler-free summary, I think that Anakin will be one of the Jedi to turn himself into the Vong to spy, yes? If he does, he'll be around the Vong constantly--giving him a chance to practice his beliefs. If it works, and he *could* use this new "wavelength" of the Force against the Vong, I think it would be solid proof that his theory was correct. If he was unsure before, Anakin would tell Luke after that.

Okay, Anakin is INEVITABLY gonna tell Luke, right? His uncle means everything to him though, so I REALLY doubt he'd go and start his own orde

17. Nighthawk_Andy

Apr 17, 2001
    thanks for a really good post, Tahiri! i agree with a lot of the points you made and you explained it brilliantly.

now can anyone else write a reply THAT long ;) ?

18. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Thanks, Nighthawk! ::happy that someone understood her point::

C'mon, this is a good, intelligent thread full of theories and contradictions...someone add your opinions!

19. Nighthawk_Andy

Apr 17, 2001
    *bumps up thread*

nightsun you not got anything to say????

Tahiri you got MSN?

20. Crite Sculdren

Crite Sculdren Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 1999
    I found the radio analogy fascinating, it actually did make sense though, so don't feel bad about that. I'm just wondering if anakin will be the one to figure that out, because i don't think that theory has come to mind for him. Yet jacen has been the most non-traditional jedi in NJO, especially in the way he looks at things. There's kyps point of view, there's luke's point of view, then anakin's which was kind of a mixture of the two, up until the lambent thing. But then there is Jacen's. He seem's to be closest in view point to luke, but some of the most important parts of Luke's philosophy Jacen finds wrong.

I wouldn't consider the difference in view points very important except Jacen just seems more likely to think of these things with a more open(if whiny and egocentric) mind.

21. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Nighthawk- I've got AIM (JediTahiri or JediChibiChibi)

Crite-I think you're right about Anakin at this point, I don't think he's really thought it out completely (did he have time...?) but he did get the main, basic, and most important points through, IMO, and that started with: "Master Yoda was wrong." I think that's going to be the hardest point for all the other jedi to grasp.

Jacen DOES think about it a lot more, and I really was surprised that Anakin got to the right conclusion first...I think a reason for that may have been that at the beginning of Conquest, Luke told Mara that Anakin was losing faith in everything he believed in, so idealistically, it wouldn't really be hard at all for him to admit to himself that Yoda was wrong. I think that both the Solo brothers could really make a good team...they just have to get along first.

But back to the main point, Anakin thought of this thing by completely scratching out what he thought of the Force before...Jacen, I think, was just confused about where the Force would lead HIM specifically. Not about the other Jedi, not about the galaxy, but whether it would lead him to where he wanted to go. Sure he did think about it sometimes, but I think the reason that he never got to Anakin's conclusion was that 1. he was looking at the Force a bit egotistically (his concerns revolve around his family and his family only--he saved Leia with the Force, but didn't do the same for some innocent bystanders) and 2. situation:

Anakin wouldn't have gotten to the conclusion he got to without going through and getting the experience he did. Granted, I don't think Jacen would have survived in the same situation (Luke said in conquest, "The one who goes to Yavin 4 must go in force, or else they won't return from it" or something like that). IMO, it's one of those things that if you're there, you're you, and it's that time, it happens to you. But if you're there, it's that time, but you're not the person you're supposed to be, it won't happen to you. Something along the lines of destiny, maybe?

LOL, I'm confusing myself--good point Crite! I also would've thought that Jacen came up with it, sort of (hey, well, who's to say that someone can't be theoretical every once in a while...?). But now hopefully Jacen will help Anakin with his own theory, too, so they can improve on it. That's what I'm hoping for, at least, 'cause although the fight between them is interesting, I'd also like to see them all get along nicely :):contradicts herself by kicking her little brother out of the room::) ;)

22. Nighthawk_Andy

Apr 17, 2001
    One thing nobody has mentioned is Jaina.....I know she's been busy in Rogue Squadron, but the writers have never really got around to talking about her perspectives of the force. The very fact that she is so undeveloped in this aspect makes me anticipate the solo book featuring just here in it even more. I also think she is out of the 3 Solos, the most susceptible to the dark side........

23. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    That's probably true. I think also the reason she hasn't been mentioned was is that she has no qualms about the Force...she's just fine and dandy where she is, and is focused on being a pilot right now, not only a Jedi, while Jacen and Anakin's lives revolve only with being a Jedi right now.

But I can't wait for Jaina's book either! She always seemed like a nice, cheerful person too, with that Mara Jade type edge to her. Hehe, girls with power ;)

24. Nighthawk_Andy

Apr 17, 2001
    lol i sure as hell wouldn't like to get on jainas bad side! (or maras).

25. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    I agree anakin will tell luke but the problem is that allthe jedi luke have trained have been taught in his beliefs of the force now that there is a whole new understanding of the force I believe that it will be kyp and not anakin that begins teaching his beliefs in the force seeing how he has already been gaining followers

that would only mean that luke and the solo children will begin teaching this deeper understanding of the force and i believe that once anakin tells luke about this new insight the possibilities are endless because lukehas traveled all over the galaxy searching for teachings in the force not to mention he is the most powerful jedi ever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.