main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO Ending

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nightsun, Jul 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    If you were saying earlier that Anakin will teach his beliefs WITH Luke, then yeah, I agree, but I doubt Kyp will believe it--until he sees the Force actually WORK on the Vong...I think that's what'll get people to listen. If they see it's working, and that it's true, they'll follow. At the same time, although Kyp is showing reluctance in following Luke, I don't think that at this crucial time, with the "Jedi for Jedi" thing, that he'll split the Jedi. After all, no matter what disagreements, they are ALL Jedi....

2. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    personally i think Kyp will go out with a bang later on in the NJO, after of course he attempts some sort of reconciliation with luke.

3. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Kyp's too tempermental for a master...since when was he one anyway?

4. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    i BELIEV KYP WILL TAKE A FRACTION OF THE JEDI WITH HIM TO FIGHT THE VONG AGRESSIVELY THIS WILL HOLD UPFOR ABOOK OR TWO AND THAT'S WHEN HE REALIZES THAT THERE IS NO WAY THAT KILLING OFF CORALSKIPPERS THE WHOLE TIME WILL TAKE THE VONG OUT AND HE WILL GO BACK AND APOLOGIZE TO LUKE AND HE WILL EITHER JOIN BACK UP WITH LUKE OR BECOME SO INFURIATED THAT HE TURNS TO THE DARK SIDE AND GOES STRAIGHT AFTER THE HEAD OF THE VONG AND SHOWS THEM THE TRUE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE

I LIKED YOUR RADIO IMPLAMENT IT MADE QUITE A BIT OF SENSE
    KEEP THE THEORIES COMIN

5. Nighthawk_Andy

Apr 17, 2001
    i agree Tahiri, but a lot of the young jedi must find it easy to go for kyps quick way of thinknig to Lukes more controlled and thoughtful ways. And if Kyp doesn't end up a dark jedi i'll be quite suprised......

Nightsun did you know you got caps on ;)

6. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    thanks nighthawk I had no clue

but in the last 4-5 books they have been saying that kyp has been splitting up the jedi order so what if it splits and kyp's fraction goes off to fight the vong head on and after kyp loses a substantial amout of jedi is when I believe he will either turn to the dark side because he doesn't have the courage to tell luke he was wrong or he'll apologize and rejoin luke or who knows that might cause him to go into seclusion

7. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    You're right, Nightsun, that'll probably happen...and Kyp really does seem to attract younger Jedi...I know it'll most likely happen, but still, how can a person DO that at such a crucial time?? Oh well :[face_sigh]:

When do you all think the Vong rebellion will start? Cuz I know they WILL revolt, at least the Shamed Ones....

8. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    i think it'll happen at a crucial moment because there are still alot of books left out there and I'm speculating because of the names of the up in coming books for instance reunion and force heretics

I think the vong rebellion will be a slow one starting when anakin and the other jedi allow themselves to get captured. this is when i believe the jedi will talk the shamed ones into believing they are worthy this will eventually spread throughout the vong part of the galaxy and the full revolution will begin

but i also think that the shamed ones will be the key factor in letting anakin and the other key jedi escape and this will spread by word to mouth about the jedi helping the shamed ones therfore beginning the start of the revolution

please express your opinions on these theories because i believe were close to getting a very sound theory

9. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    come on let's here some theories that go along with what's been said :confused:

10. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Wahahahahahaha! Theories! ::gives a corny superhero stance::

O-kay, we all agree that there are going to be some groups rebelling. Definitely the Samed Ones, but about how soon: Only at the end of Conquest do we learn exactly how MANY SO (Shamed Ones) are believing the Jedi...it wouldn't have been such a problem to Tsavong Lah if there WEREN'T a lot, cuz then it wouldn't be a problem!

The beginning of the rebellion really should start showing up during SbS, if not Rebirth (remember, Anakin and Tahiri will be out in Vong space--meaning they might make contact with a Vong ship at any given point)...the SO will definitely become a major factor--they make up pretty much half of the Vong society, don't they? They may not think so, but they have a lot of fighting potential...

And the title "Force Heretics" doesn't necessarily only mean the Jedi, it could be people of the GFFA or the Vong. But hmmm...it could also be something having to do with Anakin's revelation--the Jedi refuse the believe in the truth of the Force belief that Anakin revealed! Somehow, I have this really strong feeling that convincing the other Jedi about this new "wavelength" Force theory will be REALLY hard for the Solos...

11. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    This is how it ends.
    This is how it ends.
    This is how it ends.
    Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

-TS Eliot

The NJO will end after a sacrifice, a betrayal and a great war to that pushes the galaxy towards the inevitable question: will it happen again?

But the ending, when the last trumpet sounds, will be quiet, fearful, introspective and haunting.

12. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Indeed, that could very well happen. It'd be quite depressing, but it could.

13. Chalco

Chalco Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2001
    Wow.. there's a lot of therois there.
    Well... we know a lot of things... the most important being that there's an end.
    And the ending of NJO will most likly be with the Jedi ridding the Vong threat forever. Or at least this huge invasion. The Vongs wont be eliminated. Im sure Vong will live in the galaxy... like the nice ones that have come to terms with realizing that the SW galaxy isn't full of infidels. Although i'm sure all the evil Vongs will probably kill themselves off becuase they wouldnt be able to live being shamed. The Force will prevail..it always will...
    Anikan will be a huge key in the eventuall conclusion. Lukes son...well as far as he goes.... he'll be 2 by the time the Vong go away....so i don;t know what kind a roll a foce sensative baby will make... although he'll probably be a kind of symbol of hope.
    The vong will take coruscant... and the New Republic will leave that planet.. possibly once and for all.. But it doesn't matter.. the New Republic isn't the same one that was restored after the Empire fell. Borsk made sure of that. The New Republic will have to be remade again.. by the Military leaders that will help the final fights with the Vong. Perhaps Pelleon and the Empire will rein again.. although with a light heart.

All i can say amongst this confusion is that it may have been fun if the Thrawn Clone had been able to be born. Thrawn would have made quick work indeed.. or would have been wiped out instantly..

14. crizsaber

crizsaber Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2001
    i don't think anakin and luke will fight over the way anakin sees the force because luke has allready had vissions of anakin being the one to beat back the vong.i think that kyp and some of the others might turn and maybe even jacen solo but not anakin

15. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    About Luke's son:
    Yeah, he very well may end up being the most powerful Jedi, but I don't think so. He'll be about equal to Jaina, Jacen, or Anakin. Why? Well, it's kinda hard to portray someone even more powerful than they are, isn't it? Anakin building droids since he was 5? I have the feeling that Anakin will one day teach him and become his master, but till then, he's going to be a little runt that gets into a lot of trouble. There's not much a Force-sensitive 2 year old can do that will affect the Vong, not to mention that they'd have to LEARN to become sensitive towards them, through Anakin's theory. Anakin Solo was named after Anakin Skywalker for a reason--his power was enormous and when he gets a bit older, it will rival Anakin Skywalker's power. Some people on this board already think it does--I mean, I was astounded at how powerful Anakin was in Conquest! I really doubt that Luke and Mara are going to name their son something like "Obi-Wan" because of how Anakin's name affected him. By giving him a new name, like Jaina or Jacen, it allows him to start with a clean slate, not with all these standards to live up to, which I think is good. And yes, the Skycrawler will be a beacon of hope, but mostly, I think, Mara will just be making sure he doesn't get his cute little head blown off by some Vong ;)

About Anakin turning to the DS:
    I can't see how people CAN think he will turn the to the DS. Look at the facts: They named him after the representation of evil. Leia admitted in DT:eek: to Elagos that she named him that so that her father's name would be redeemed by him. It'd be REALLY repetitive of Lucas to have another heroic Jedi fall from grace...with the same name. LOL. That's the best reason he won't, too. He's no doubt going to become the greatest Jedi of his generation, and like Obi-Wan and Luke will be a famed Jedi and warrior.... He's not about to turn to the DS at all....

16. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    OK let's see if I can get this right Tahiri you believe that the revolution will start in 1 of the next two books I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree I do believe that when anakin and the other jedi allow themselves to get captured that they will teach the shamed ones about their galaxy and the jedi will learn a substantial amount about the vong as well then the jedi will convince them that just because your different doesn't mean that your shamed. But I believe this will start the shamed ones talking and it will take quite awile for all the shamed ones to begin to believe this way seeing how they have been manipulated for so long. I believe the big revolt will happen towards the end personally.

What I meant about anakin killing a dark jedi is that the vong will eventually capture a jedi and complete the job that they couldn't on tahiri making a whole new person that could destroy the jedi because he has no recollection of who he\she once was therefore forcing anakin to kill or be killed I believe he will try to turn the person first but after awhile he willhave no choice but to kill him

Anakin has definitely found the deepest level of the force so far and I believe he and tahiri will only confront luke with the news so there isn't anymore widespread chaos with the jedi

Luke will contemplate this and add pros and cons to what and how anakin reached this new level, and before he can come up with a sound conclusion anakin and some of the other jedi decide to get captured because they believe they can trust anakins judgement that they can gain knowledge and get out safely

as I said earlier i BELIEV KYP WILL TAKE A FRACTION OF THE JEDI WITH HIM TO FIGHT THE VONG AGRESSIVELY THIS WILL HOLD UPFOR ABOOK OR TWO AND THAT'S WHEN HE REALIZES THAT THERE IS NO WAY THAT KILLING OFF CORALSKIPPERS THE WHOLE TIME WILL TAKE THE VONG OUT AND HE WILL GO BACK AND APOLOGIZE TO LUKE AND HE WILL EITHER JOIN BACK UP WITH LUKE OR BECOME SO INFURIATED THAT HE TURNS TO THE DARK SIDE AND GOES STRAIGHT AFTER THE HEAD OF THE VONG AND SHOWS THEM THE TRUE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE

as to the other jedi believing this I don't think it will be to hard for the younger jedi because they haven't been through to many trials and tribulations but as for the older jedi like Kyp and Ganner they probably won't except it and those are the two groups of jedi I mentioned earlier The Solos fraction along with luke and the other jedi that aren't to stuborn will make up the new jedi order hence the name of the series

I personally don't think the vong use any such type of the force they just create bio-tech that interacts like the force for istance the lamnent crystal works with everyone not just people who have a certain talent to do so the closest thing they have to the force is the yammosk and that is only because it can control the minds of others
    but it was also grown by the shapers where as you cannot see or create the force from seed

all in all the vong will take coruscant the jedi will have problems from within they will start a new rebellion with the chiss the empire and the remainder of the NR this rebellion willnot be going so great just like the rebellion against the empire until the shamed ones start sneaking info over to the new rebellion and start a revolt from within the vong warriors will kill themselves because of pride and the shamed ones, the empire and the NR will once again try to govern the galaxy until a new threat comes along and the jedi will just keep gaining deeper knowledge of the force possibly trying to send out something like the outbound flight

sorry so long just getting thoughts out ;)

17. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
  18. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Argh, I have only a couple secs on the comp left so this is gonna be kept short:

-The Vong revolution has already started in Conquest, when we see SO becoming heretic. I think that it will continually grow through the next few books, but it might be a little while before the SO actually get up and unify themselves with the Jedi. Right now, there are lots of little groups that believe the Jedi are right. Soon, it'll grow, and after that, they'll gather and rebel. But I DO agree that during SbS the Jedi that are captured will make a big pact with the SO.

-There are young Jedi, but really, all of them have had their trials by this point, and I think only the kids from the praxeum will easily accept this theory. I know that the other jedi won't adamantly disagree without proving it wrong, but I mean, the first step to this whole belief is thinking "Master Yoda was wrong." That's a big slap to the cheek for them at this point, but I agree, it probably won't be THAT hard to convince them. It'll take getting used to though.

Okay, I'll reply to the rest later because my poodoo little brother wants the computer.

19. DarthDatorri

DarthDatorri Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2001
    Lord Bane, That sent chills down my spine!!! Even though I been thinking for a while that the NJO was going to end with the death of Luke, that quote really hit me.
    If the NJO does end this way, I will have the same feeling as I did when I finished reading Vector Prime: stunned and shocked and surprised!

20. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    whoa..
    what i'm saying about the younger jedi is that they haven't had the yoda approach to go off of as long so it will be easier for them to accept this new theory than the older jedi with exception to luke because he is anakin's uncle and will have less doubts about what anakin tells him even though the yoda approach has been lukes whole way at looking at the force.the only way for anakin to prove this to his uncle is to be able to use the force on some vong bio-tech that no other jedi could do

NO OFFENSE but I don't recall the SO starting anything in CONQUEST Anakin was able to talk to uuni and it hints that she knows he is a jedi but it never says for sure: he does answer her questions about how the jedi act toward people but she doesn't understand that if the jedi are servers and protectors why they kill the vong and don't worship their gods. Vua Raapung makes these exact same points when anakin is constructing his LS under the temple.

I understand how you come to this conclusion b/c at the end the vong leaders had heard that a jedi helped a vong to realize his truth, and even if the rumors started there the vong had everyone wiped out so it would not reach other worldships though it hints that this is inevitable I think it will take quite afew more acts of the jedi helping the shamed ones for them to even come close to revolting against the vong warriors this is why I say that the vong will take the galaxy before the final revolt happens that gives the galaxy back to a whole new form of gov.
    I do think the shamed ones will help the jedi after they get captured but they will do this on a secret level kind of like the bothans did for the rebels in A NEW HOPE

21. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Nightsun - LOL, please don't say 'no offense,' the point of this to give your opinion, and it in no way offends me if you think I'm wrong ;)

I was always told to back myself up when I make a point, so I will: in Conquest there were many things said that implied the beginning of the revolution:

1.) Una (whatever her name was) told Anakin that she believed him to be a Jedi, he feigned and asked her why she thought that. She replied, saying that there were some who thought that the Jedi promised them a good life, or something of the sort (I'm absolutely sure) but I'm too lazy to get the book from my room...

2.) Shapers are pretty high up on that Vong chain. It's surprising--Nen Yim and Her master were in good positions, yet, they were heretics. That makes a point too: there's something going wrong, and they don't believe that the way things are going will make it better. It was stated in Conquest that Nen Yim liked Yavin, and the way everything was so alive.

3.) Tsavong Lah is pretty much right now, THE Vong...he would not concern himself with the acts or beliefs of the SO UNLESS it was going to become a problem. So what if a few SO are heretics? "The gods" don't favor them anyway. But he'd change his mind if A LOT of SO were heretics...because their economy and system could collapse that way. Not to mention that the SO may not be favored by "the gods" but they damn well know everything about the life of a Vong. That could come in VERY useful to the NR.

4.) "Repression is the favorite food of heresy." Or something like that. The last sentence in Conquest. It's like a fire, I suppose, the most you try to blow one out, the faster it spreads. The only way to get it out is to smother it with water. The more they try to supress the SO, the more the SO will fight, and the Vong would need a force greater than the SO to defeat them--something they won't have. And fire spreads fast, too.

Okay, back to your other points...About Anakin killed a DS Jedi: Yeah, I agree--Anakin would NOT kill a Jedi without doing his best to turn them back, but if he had to, he probably would. Anyone would. It's something you have to do.

About the Jedi believing Anakin's theory, I think we're both saying the same thing and repeating it over and over.... Yes, I AGREE that they'll all believe, but with a bit of proof and time for a few.

I definitely agree that Luke will help out and enforce Anakin's theory. It's one of those good things about Luke: he's willing to listen, and if you're right, will help you. :[face_sigh]: My unlces are like that, but I wish they were Force-wielders too ;)

About Kyp: Like I said earlier, Luke is forgiving...I don't think he'd refuse Kyp's apology, and Kyp is powerful. I think Kyp knows exactly how hard it will be to fight the Vong head-on, BUT he wants to be out their doing something! He's restless, and he wants to do SOMETHING rather than watching Jedi he grew up with and other innocents die. It's completely understandable, but not very smart. He probably will go with a vigilante faction of Jedi, but I don't think he'll keep at it. Now that Anakin's revelation has come along, he might possibly just calm down and start fighting cunningly rather than aggressively. By being cunning, he could be on the offensive and still have a chance. Cunning requires plan, strategy, calm, and patience--something the Jedi can be very good at. (So about your theory, I'm staying neutral and just considering possibilities here to add onto yours...I don't have a clue about what Kyp might actually do. He's unpredictable in a good way. It's like ALL the clues are pointing to him turning to the DS, but then he doesn't or something...)

Interesting thing you say about the Vong not existing in any Force...it could be true. Just to grill you, here is a question I'd like answered: What makes them that special? I mean, if their biotech is in the Force, why wouldn't they be? Hehe, unless their gods are REAL...that would be one hell of a surprise, wouldn't it....

I have the feeling that the NR will

22. Nighthawk_Andy

Apr 17, 2001
    Jesus! I go to work and get some sleep and look at all these posts! ;)

how many books are left in the NJO, because while I agree with all your points I think a lot of them will happen over a much longer time span than you are suggesting. For example the SO starting a revoloution will not happen for a long time and it will probably need a spark to set the fire alight. Unfortunately I believe this will have something to do with a Jedi sacrificing himself with the cause (not sure which ones).
    I totally agree that the Vong will capture Jedi and finish the work they started on Tahiri, but which one? Call it hunch, but i'm thinking Kyp again.

23. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    It seems logical that the Jedi who surrender to the Vong will discover goodies to help them and encourage a Vong rebellion. It will however come at a grave cost.

Also, i just finished RP, and with all these Vong/Vergere/shaping references, it's obvious that the Vergere plot ain't over yet, rather it's just beginning. After all, she is important, she is a time capsule form the past from TPM.!

24. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    if you want to say that the words of una are the beginnings of a revolt I agree somewhat but there will have to be alot more action to go along with those words before I believe it will actually begin
    oh yea the shamed ones have their own god and somewhere in CONQUEST it says that there god would send someone to free them of their shame and I believe they think it is the jedi that will free them

on the grilling issue... Why do you think the biotech exists in the force. I can't find anywhere that says the jedi can sense their technology. I think that they just create a little bit better tech since theirs are actually a living thing.: picture it like this the lamnent crystal is just like a light that is voice activated (or better yet a motion sensor)which we have in todays society the only difference is that the lamnent is a living thing and just knows when to turn off and on without having to speak aloud to it.

on a whole other issue i believe you can't get a deeper understanding of the force until you understand what can't be explained
    kind of like anakin did with the vong and I think that once anakin knows more about the vong he will be able to sense them in the force just like anyone else so i guess i do believe that the vong exist in the force but they are so different than anything the galaxy has yet to see that you need to understand their lifestyle before youcan sense them through the force

25. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    As in the SO revolution, I only meant that it's beginning, it doesn't mean that they're actually going to fight for the cause yet. I agree that it'll take some kind of sacrifice or some show of courage and respect for life that will really get the SO going.

The Vong will definitely continue the work they started on Tahiri, but in a different way because of the new Shaper. It said in an SbS summary that 3 Jedi let themselves be captured, and Anakin was one of them. The other two might very well end up being Jaina and Jacen, but I think it will be 2 different people, so you could be right about Kyp.

IMO Vergere is definitely coming back too... There's some big connection with her and the Vong! (It's a conspiracy... ;) )

I'm not sure if I completely understand your biotech theory, but I'll answer as best as I can: Anakin was able to sense the lambent, if we go along with the wavelength theory, when he shifted his Force perspective. Since it was a living thing, a creature of the Vong world, then he should be able to sense the Vong the same way he does the lambent. And even the GFFA technology can be sensed through the Force--not as a living thing, but its presence is there. So the lambent being alive helped Anakin sense the Vong as well, not only their biotech.

I completely agree with what you said about understanding the culture of people before being able to understand them. I'm glad we got to see a lot of the Vong culture in Conquest, it made it really interesting. I want to read about Shimrra! He's the one who said that the GFFA was their promised land, right? Bah...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.