main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO, how does it end?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rynobot, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rynobot

Rynobot Jedi Master star 1

Aug 16, 2000
    I have not read a SW novel in 3 years but want to know how it finished. The last book I read was
    [

2. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Was...?

Don't keep us in suspense!

3. Kaul

Kaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    www.njoe.com

Everything you need to know about NJO and more

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Short answer?

A wizard did it.

5. Rynobot

Rynobot Jedi Master star 1

Aug 16, 2000
    http://theforce.net/books/reviews/r_destinysway.asp

6. hivemind2nd

hivemind2nd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005
    "Everybody dies!"

7. Kaul

Kaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    That I am. Might as well hand me my admin's colors now;)

8. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    Luke gets decapitated

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    The deus ex machina known as Zonoma Sekot shows up after the Vong pull yet another fleet out of nowhere. Jacen goes super saiyan and melts Onimi... or something like that. That passage was confusing as all hell.

The Vong essentially get off scott-free after burning a third of the galaxy and move to Zonoma Sekot and the Jedi start on their path to Neo-Sithdom.

10. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    Yes. In the end NJO proved to be a long and unrewarding journey. It turned me off of all post-RotJ EU stuff for some time. The plus side is it pushed me towards the Clone Wars novels which were good and the Clone Wars comics which are the best Star Wars EU material in nearly a decade. So the NJO had its plus side.

I do plan on reading Legacy of the Force or whatever the new series is called because it seems to be bringing back the fundementals of SW which is why I read this damn stuff in the first place.

11. phantom_panther

phantom_panther Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2005
    Preach it. Amen

12. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    The ending of the NJO was a poor ending to a potentially good series.

The series should have ended with xenocide or an extremely crushing military defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong. But the editors and authors sidestepped the moral difficulties of the realistic ending we deserved and gave us Zonoma Sekot. The worst idea since Waru.

13. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    NJO SPOILER WARNING: The good guys win. [face_dancing]

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Summary of the NJO:

Yuuzhan Vong come from outside the galaxy to invade, and can't be sensed in the Force. They take many plents, and kill Jedi.

Chewbacca and Anakin Solo die, Jaina goes evil for a while, Coruscant falls, Jacen captured by Vergere. The Vong reshape Coruscant, Jacen is taught by Vergere, who strips him of the Force for a while and teaches him to embrace the pain. Vergere dies saving Jacen, after freeing him. New Republic reformed into the Galactic Alliance. Ackbar comes back with a strategy to defeat tthe Vong. Scientists also develop Alpha Red, a biolgical weapon to wipe out all the Vong. Vergere sabotoges it before she dies, to delay it, but is ready again after a year. Jaina kills the warmaster.

Jacen does a weird thing with the Force, and kills the REAL Supreme Overlord, Onimi. Luke beheads the puppet Sumereme Overlord, Shimmra, after a fight with the Slayers. Nom Anor supposedly blows up with his ship at the end. Alpha Red is unleashed on some Vong to test it, and a suicide ship escapes the test world and tries to bring it to Zonama Sekot, because they have the same gentic structure it can kill them too. The sentient, moving planet Zonama Sekot comes to Coruscant. Yuuzhan Vong are defeated, and surrender. Didn't have to use Alpha Red.

Cal Omas, the new leader, shows them mercy. He gives them all to live on Zonama Sekot, the offspring of their homeworld. Their original homeworld stripped the Yuuzhan Vong of the Force when they became evil. Luke reforms the order a little (which he'll undo in the Dark Nest), and Jacen goes on a 5 year journey to learn from non-Jedi force cultures across the galaxy.

15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It's kinda funny whenever I read the first NJO book that had Vergere in it, I began to wonder when Zomona Sekot would show up again. Rogue Planet was an oddball of a novel until the NJO dug it back up. I didn't mind the NJO for the most part other than the fact that Anakin was killed off.

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Crap; they got the plents??

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Published in mid-2000, if you read Rogue Planet the NJO resolution was pretty obvious.

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Thanks, Prequel_Dreamer and phantom_stranger. Yeah, a very lazy ending using one of the oldest copouts of them all. *Sigh*

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    True..

20. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

3 Vong domains fleets repudiated Choka's white flag at the end. If you thought I was going to say Nas Choka because everyone else delights in full names, you're dreaming me in a bathing suit, Armani-class. It just can't happen.

21. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    It funny...I found The Unifying Force to be the best book of the entire NJO series. I was more than satisfied with the conclusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.