main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO, post-rebirth fanfic AU. (main characters: Anakin/Tahiri)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Anakin_Solo, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Go Tahiri!

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Tahiri stepped into the circle of warriors...
    And fell to the ground when an ampistaff struck her from behind.
    "What... but you-" Tahiri protested.
    "A word of honor means nothing," the Vong sneered, "when it is given to an infidel."
    Tahiri's eyes narrowed. She jumped to her feet, about to ignite her saber, but stopped when the warrior placed his blade at Anakin's throat.
    Anakin tried to struggle, but the ampistaff was still coiled around him.
    "Lay down your Jeedai weapon or he dies."
    Tahiri did so, never taking her eyes off the warrior.
    "You'r making a big mistake."
    The warrior didn't answer.
    Two more warriors approached on either side of Tahiri and grabbed her by the arms.
    "Now what?" Tahiri demanded.
    The lead warrior smiled widely. "Now we torture him to death right in front of you."

3. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Oh great!

4. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
  5. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  6. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Tahiri never ceased her futile struggles.
    How could she? They were going to hurt Anakin!
    The warriors' grip was irresistable, however, and Tahiri found herself held firmly in place.
    They brought Anakin-eyes still full of defiance-in next. Anakin was still restrained by the Commander's ampistaff, and they had little trouble forcing him onto an examination table.
    Tahiri reached out to him with the Force, but he had already pulled himself away from the Force, and kept it close to himself.
    He doesn't want me to feel his pain.
    Tahiri cringed in anticipation of the horror that was to come.
    For just one brief moment, Anakin had a taste of freedom when the ampistaff uncoiled, but the Vong were able to hold him down while a third warrior attached blorash jelly to his wrists ankles and several other places to hold him down.
    He had merely traded one restraint for another.
    Either way, he was completely helpless.
    Anakin's head, the only part of his body he was still able to move effectively, swivled to face Tahiri.
    His ice-blue eyes locked onto her brilliant green eyes.
    Tahiri suddenly understood.
    To keep her from feeling his pain, he would be completely shut out from the Force... which meant that there would be no Jedi pain-supression techniques...
    Anakin blinked several times upon seeing some of the devices that were to be used on him.
    This is it, Tahiri abruptly realized. If I don't do something... they're going to kill him...
    But what could she do? She was almost as helpless as Anakin.
    The lead warrior walked up right next to Anakin and raised his blade over his head, gazing down at the young Jedi and smiling in anticipation of his pain.
    The warrior plunged the blade straight into Anakin's abdomen.
    Tahiri braced herself for a scream, a yelp, anything...
    Tahiri didn't realize she had been holding her breath until she started breathing again.
    Anakin didn't even cry out.
    His eyes were now forced closed by the pain, his entire face was warped in agony, but he didn't scream.
    The blood turned the floor and side of the table red, but he didn't cry out.
    That's it! Hold on Anakin! I'll try and think of something!
    But he couldn't hear her.
    Anakin was completely out of the Force. He was isolating himself so Tahiri wouldn't have to feel his pain.
    Why do you always have to be so brave?
    Again no reply.
    If Tahiri couldn't see him with her own eyes, she would've thought him dead.
    By now, some tears of pain had managed to seep through Anakin's carefully maintained composure.
    That's when Tahiri knew.
    He was going through sheer anguish. The Vong torture was killing him.
    And if she didn't do something it would.
    And do something she would.
    Because she had to.
    But what?
    Tahiri felt like crying. She had no idea what to do.
    Don't cry! Focus Tahiri! You have to help him! It's all up to you now!
    Tahiri inhaled deeply and forced her mind into lightspeed.
    She had to do something.
    She had to do something now.
    And nothing short of perfection was acceptable. Failure was not an option. Anakin's life was hanging in the balance.

7. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  8. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    Do something Tahiri!!!

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Anakin finally lost what was left of his control.
    The cry of pain that escaped from him brought even more unwelcome tears to Tahiri's eyes.
    That's when she made her decision.
    Tahiri kicked one of the warriors that was restraining her in the back of the head, and by the time the other warrior noticed her attack, she had already thrown him into the nearest group of warriors.
    Tahiri reached out with the Force and snatched her lightsaber.
    It ignited with a snap-hiss just before reaching her hand.
    Tahiri's attacks come from every immaginable angle. She was a flurry of parries, counter attacks, and thrusts.
    Tahiri spun on her heel to block an attack from behind, and threw her saber behind her back to block the attack that came from another warrior attempting to blindside her.
    Tahiri drove forward with her lightsaber, and watched the nearest Vong fall with a slashed throat.
    Two Vong moved to outflank her, but Tahiri sent both of them flying by jumping upward and kicking in both directions at the same time.
    The lead warrior who had been torturing Anakin held his weapon to Anakin's neck and threatened to kill him, but Anakin's violet lightsaber suddenly ignited and flew at him from the other side of the room.
    The warrior ducked and the saber, which had barely missed decapitating him, landed in Tahiri's open hand.
    Tahiri blocked one shot with Anakin's saber and brought her saber forward in a thrust, taking the Vong down by piercing him through the chest.
    Tahiri blocked a shot from behind with the saber and hacked off the unfortunate warrior's head with the other saber without even looking at him.
    Tahiri cartwheeled out of the way of an attack from the front and threw her lightsaber at the warrior, keeping Anakin's in her hand.
    The warrior fell with the saber right between his eyes and Tahiri, now armed with one saber, blocked several shots and kicked the nearest warrior sharply in the chin.
    The warrior's head snapped back, and he hit the ground, dead.
    The only one still standing was the lead warrior.
    The one that had hurt Anakin.
    The one that would pay.
    Tahiri charged forward, and her saber met the warriors ampistaff with a shower of sparks.
    The warrior stared on in dismay as Tahiri refused to disengage her saber, and it sliced the warriors ampistaff in half.
    The warrior glanced at her, clearly aware that he was about to die.
    Tahiri did not disapoint him.
    Without so much as a second glance at the downed warrior, Tahiri deignited Anakin's saber and retrieved hers.
    "Are you okay?" Tahiri demanded.
    Anakin tried to answer, but could only manage a gurgle.
    "Anakin?"
    Blood began to seep from between his lips.
    "Oh Sith!"
    Tahiri got rid of the blorash jelly, and was instantly on the table next to Anakin, kneeling next to him to examine his wounds.
    "Can you stand?"
    Anakin couldn't even shake his head no.
    Tahiri cursed under her breath and helped Anakin to his feet.
    This is not going to be easy, Tahiri reflected as she wrapped Anakin's arm around her shoulders and began to help him towards the door.
    Anakin's legs proved just as unservicable as the rest of him, and with a sigh, Tahiri swept him off his feet and wrapped his significantly heavier body around her shoulders in an emergency carry.
    Not going to be easy at all.

10. Jedi_Sari

Jan 4, 2002
    Noooooo!!! Help him!!

11. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    CHAPTER FIFTEEN
    Ampistaffs came at Tahiri from every imaginable direction.
    She somehow-through a combination of blocks, speed, and luck-managed to avoid all of them, but she wouldn't be able to keep that up for long.
    Anakin's ice-blue eyes fought open.
    He could tell she was in trouble.
    Get up! he shouted to his broken body.
    His body refused service.
    I said get up!
    No chance.
    Anakin's body had been cut and shattered in too many places.
    He was weak.
    Too weak.
    "Anakin."
    Anakin looked up at the shimmering figure.
    "Hi Uncle Luke..."
    "Anakin, what's wrong?"
    "I need to help her... but I can't."
    "Why not?"
    "I try-"
    "There is no try."
    "You know what I mean."
    "You're a Jedi Knight, Anakin. Why can't you help her?"
    "I can't... I can't get up... I'm... I'm in no condition-"
    "Use the Force."
    "Than she'll feel my pain."
    "She will lend you strength. Is it better to let her die?"
    "No," Anakin declared without hesitation.
    "Than get up. Get up and fight."
    And then, Luke was gone, and only reality was in his place.
    The Force surged through Anakin.
    It was incredible.
    Anakin felt like a man wandering the desert who suddenly found water.
    Anakin's broken body didn't matter one bit. He didn't feel the pain. He got up.
    Tahiri's jaw dropped.
    Anakin reached out with the Force and retrieved his lightsaber.
    All of the Vong turned to face Anakin. He charged forward and was moving so fast the Vong couldn't keep up.
    Warrior after warrior fell to Anakin's blade.
    He could feel himself weakening.
    But he would not give up until the last warrior that posed a threat to Tahiri was gone.
    Anakin spun and swung his saber so quickly the Vong scrambled to intercept it.
    Within minutes, Anakin was fading fast, but Vong were falling by the second.
    Anakin caught one of them with a jumping roundhouse kick, effectively taking him out of the battle, but his own momentum threw him to the ground.
    Anakin rolled out of the way of a crushing blow from one of the Vong's feet.
    Anakin jumped to his feet and without even turning around to face him, killed the Vong warrior.
    Anakin rushed forward towards the last warrior.
    This one was different.
    There was confidence in his eyes as he faced Anakin.
    And for good reason.
    He was good.
    Not as good as Anakin, but in Anakin's current condition... the odds were evened.
    Anakin swung his saber in a dazzling array of attacks, parries, and counter attacks.
    The warrior blocked all of them. Both of them were looking for openings that weren't there, but Anakin was the one losing heavy quantities of blood by the minute.
    The warrior suddenly caught Anakin with a shot to the face with the blunt center of the ampistaff. Anakin was momentarily dazed, and that moment cost him the battle.
    Anakin heard Tahiri scream as the warrior plunged the sharp end of his ampistaff straight through his midsection.
    And then... nothing.

12. Jedi_Sari

Jan 4, 2002
    Uh oh nuthing isnt goood...

13. megHan

megHan Jedi Master star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    *whimper* don't hurt anakin!!!!

14. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!

15. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Don't worry guys, I'm not offing Anakin.
    And I REALY hate having to hurt him... it's just kinda important for the plot... oh what am I saying?! Poor Anakin! What have I done :_|?!

16. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    ME: Anakin?
    ANAKIN: (silent)
    ME: Anakin?!
    ANAKIN: (no answer)
    ME: :_| What have I done?

17. Jedi_Sari

Jan 4, 2002
    Dont give up!!! It's not too late to fix what you've done!!

18. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm not going to kill him!
    I just can't believe how badly I hurt him...
    Poor Anakin... :_|

19. Jedi_Sari

Jan 4, 2002
    Aww don't worry hon itll be okay, hell get over it soon.

20. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    As soon as Tahiri got the ship Anakin had used to come to Belkadan safely in hyperspace, she finally walked to the passenger cabin to check on him.
    Anakin was asleep. But it looked like after Tahiri's relentless efforts to stabilize the wounds he was going to recover.
    Thank the Force.
    Tahiri just stood there in the door looking at him. His chest rose and fell rhythmically as he inhaled an exhaled.
    Tahiri closed her eyes and opened them again. Very quietly-unwilling to inadvertantly interupt Anakin's slumber-Tahiri crept into the room and dropped to a knee at Anakin's bedside.
    She got so close that she could feel every breath. Everything about him called out to Tahiri. The sight of him, the scent, everything.
    Tahiri gently layed her head on his chest and listened to his heart beat.
    Tahiri finally made her decision and crawled into the bunk next to him.
    Tahiri closed her eyes and retreated to the safety of her dreams and joined Anakin in his slumber.

21. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    He's okay!!

22. Jedi_Sari

Jan 4, 2002
    Thank the force!!!

23. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Lol, OF COURSE HE'S OKAY :). Did u guys forget who's writing this fic or something ;)?

24. Jedi_Sari

Jan 4, 2002
    I thought maybe you turned masochist or sumthin, but ill never doubt you again.

25. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    By the time Anakin's eyes drifted open, the pain had faded and he found himself staring straight into Tahiri's forest-green eyes.
    Tahiri was still holding him close, and Anakin felt very warm and comfortable.
    "Hi," he broke the silence uncertainly.
    Tahiri smiled warmly at him and hugged him even tighter. "You're okay," she finally said.
    Anakin gave her his best lopsided grin. "Of course I am. You'd be pissed if I wasn't. The last thing I want to do is make you mad."
    Tahiri smiled at the joke and tenderly kissed Anakin on the forehead. "You're getting too good at this romantic stuff," Tahiri informed him.
    "Sorry," Anakin replied with mock guilt.
    Tahiri smiled warmly again. "Oh well. I guess I can put up with it."
    Anakin smiled right back and brushed a stray lock of hair out of Tahiri's eyes.
    As though in response, Tahiri ruffled Anakin's as-always unruly hair.
    "You look so beautiful," Anakin finally said after the long silence, absolutely captivated by Tahiri's mere presence.
    Tahiri smiled, only adding to her beauty in Anakin's estimation. "You always say that," she accused with mock-scolding.
    Anakin laughed, "That's because it's always true."
    Tahiri caressed Anakin's brow. "You need more rest," she finally said.
    Anakin nodded. "I know."
    "Sleep now. I'll stay here with you."
    Anakin nodded his assent. "Wake me the minute we reach Eclipse."
    "I will," Tahiri promised. "Sweet dreams."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.