main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO: Recovery

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Beerstalker, Dec 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Beerstalker

Master_Beerstalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2001
    Has anyone read Recovery? I have been debating buying it on amazon.com so I could read it. I heard it's pretty much just a short story, and it isn't even mentioned in most NJO timelines.

I just don't want to miss out on anything.

I've read every star wars novel with exception of Darth Maul and Cloak of deception, excluding the Jedi apprentice / Jedi acadamy / Junior Jedi Knights series.

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    It's worth getting. It explains how Han and Leia mended their relationship, and several Jedi who supposedly made their first appearance in Star By Star actually debuted here, timeline wise.

3. Master_Beerstalker

Mar 8, 2001
    Does anyone know if they are planning to include it in one of the upcoming NJO books like they did with the Darth Maul E-Book when the Shadow Hunter paperback came out?

(BTW I just bought Shadow Hunter at WalMart tonight for $4.88)

4. sithspawnedvong

sithspawnedvong Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2001
    I believe that it is going to be in the Star by Star tpb. I'm not sure but that would be my guess. Somone at Lucasbooks said that all E-books would make their way to paper or print or whatever.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I hope thats the case. I much prefer traditional books. Something so comforting about them that you don't get stareing into a computer screen.

6. Master_Beerstalker

Mar 8, 2001
    I have to stare at a computer all day long at work, I don't want to have to stare at one at night before I go to bed, just so I can read a book.

Is there a way to print out an e-book?

7. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Recovery will be included in the paperback verison of SBS. I thought it was worth the $2.99. I've read it three times already. It's not necessary to read it to keep up with the timeline but it's an entertaining story. IMHO

Han felt like the spa's supplemented gravity inducers had reset themselves. He had flutters in his stomach and bells in his ears, and he even felt a little weak in the knees. This was the Leia he remembered. She took his shirt collar and, unable to rise on her toes, began to pull him down so she could kiss him.

"Not so fast." Han disengaged himself and retreated to the edge of the empty pool. "If you want to do that, you come over here."

Leia raised her brow. "You're going to make me work for this?" She looked him up and down, then finally clanked after him. "It had better be good."

Han gave her his finest smirk. "Oh, it'll be good." He waited until she was almost to him, then began to retreat along the pool's edge toward C-3PO. "Just the way you remembered."

"The way I remember?" Leia echoed. "Taking a lot for granted, aren't you?"

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Recovery was good but too short

9. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I agree that it was too short, that's why I had to read it three times. ;) It really didn't bother me to sit in front of the computer. I do a lot of that anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.