main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO Resolutions (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    New Jedi Order Resolutions (Potential Spoilers)

With the release of 'Dark Journey', we are now at least approximately half way through the NJO story arc. This arc shares many similarities with 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine', in that it is one big story arc, with many character threads. We have now been introduced to a lot of characters and themes, and I think that in this thread, there is a chance to look at how these can be resolved and tied up in the latter half of the series. I would like to read your opinion also on where you think these arcs will take us and conclude.

The Shamed Ones
    Will they revolt from oppression against their fellow Yuuzhan Vong, helping the Jedi who they believe to be their potential saviours? This could prove to be a distabilising influence within the Vong war effort. The Shamed Ones could teach the Republic / Jedi in depth information about Vong culture and military tactics, providing potential weakness's.

Dark Jedi
    Opposite to the Shamed Ones - will the Dark Jedi, who we had a brief glimpse of in 'Star by Star' revolt against the GFFA and side with the Vong? Could more Jedi fall and join their cause?

Chiss
    Every major power within the GFFA has been affected by the Vong, ie: the Hapans, Corporate Sector, Hutt Space, Core Worlds, etc... all except the Chiss. The Chiss military philosophy is based on defence, not attack. If the war reaches crisis point, do you think that the Chiss could decide that the only way to defend is to attack? When will they be drawn into the war?

The Peace Brigade
    what will happen when / if the Vong start losing? Will they be charged and tried for treason? Will the hunters become the hunted?

Vergere
    Where does her loyalties lie? If she joins with the Republic / Jedi - will she reveal to Luke and co. the teachings and practices of the prequel era Jedi?

Jedi Council
    Will it be reformed, when and who?

Coruscant
    Will the New Republic reclaim it? What condition will it be in? Will the planet be salvageable? Will the government relocate there once again?

Shimmra
    When will he make his appearance?

Jaina & Jagged
    Will they get together?

Imperial Remnant & Pellaeon
    Will they help the Republic again? Will the remnant completely absorb into the Republic?

Nom Anor
    More undercover disguises? Will he be a traitor to save his own skin? Will he scheme against Tsavong Lah?

Droma
    Will he return?

Tsavong Lah
    Will he be deposed? Will the gods favour him?

Learning the Vong bio-technology
    How will Danni Quee and co. breath through?

Ben Skywalker
    Will their be abduction attempts?

Kyp Durron
    How further will his character evolve?

Thracken Sal-Solo / Corellian Sector
    Will they be involved again?

C-3PO / R2-D2
    Will one of them destroyed as an abomination against the Vong?

Shapers
    ???

Corran Horn
    Will he join a future Jedi Council?

Soontir Fel
    Will he take an active role in the war against the Vong?

What will the overall resolution be? The Yuuzhan Vong are a fanatical culture, I see them taking the attitude of annihilating the New Republic, or being destroyed themselves. If the are defeated, they will go out in a blaze of glory... they haven't travelled millennia to the GFFA only to be kicked out again to the depths of inter-stellar space. Therefore, this only leaves three options for resolution and conclusion of the NJO, and my likelihood of this happening:

1) New Republic / sentient species of the GFFA completely annihilated. (1% chance of happening. Star Wars will not end with the death of all our beloved hero's)
    2) Yuuzhan Vong completely annihilated. (40% chance of happening)
    3) War ends in a stalemate by hardcover #5 - with a suspense type ending leaving the door open for continuing novels. (59% chance happening)

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Regarding the "Coruscant" and Ending (1) parts, we get a bit of possible forshadowing from Troy Denning's recent answer in the Q/A thread:
      "But I think LFL and DelRey?s plan all along was to make Leia a bit more of a war-leader--which I interpreted to mean ?warrior,? since that was the direction I had been thinking anyway. So in the outline?and even the first draft of the book?I wrote her as more of a Jedi than she had been recently. The response was something along the lines of it was nice to see Leia making use of her Jedi-skills, but maybe not quite THAT much . . . and by the way, where?s that war-leader we wanted? I think we ended up with about the right amount of both."
    Why would LFL wish to elevate Leia's character into a "war leader" if not to reprise her OT role as a leader of the rebellion. I think we may see Leia step up in Mon Mothma/Borsk Fey'lya's role once again.

As for Ending (1), I certainly hope the Vong manage to completely wipe out the NR forever. The whole galaxy should thank them for removing such a blighted institution from the face of the galaxy. Everything the Vong have done thus far could possible be forgiven if at the very least they manage to utterly erase that broken government from the galaxy. That's not to say Leia won't initiate a new galactic government - a new working galactic government - perhaps a new Republic.

3. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Ghenghis12... you misunerstand my option 1!

By that, I mean that the Yuuzhan Vong - if they win the war, will annihilate not only the New Republic as an institution, but everyhthing within the galaxy as well, ie:

Humans, Hutts, Rodians, Aqualish, Wookie, Quarren, blah blah, etc... every race will be sacrificed to their Gods if they win the war... I mean *TOTAL* destruction... that is why I only give it 1% chance of happening.

4. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    WARNING I think I may have mentioned Dark Journey SPOILERS in this post

Shamed Ones? I reckon they will revolt under the influence of Jacen and Vergere.... while Jacen is under captivity..

Dark Jedi I havent quite figured it out yet but I am positive they will be back, I am sure Jaina and Kyp will fall in HC#4 all the way and not be back until the end (Kyp wont ever be back) so I reckon those two might meet with the other Dark Jedi and hunt Vong, they would not help Vong, they hate them

Chiss?[/] sure the Chiss will eventually turn around and see the whole galaxy behind them almost completly taken over so they will attack from the Unknown Regions and by time for the Jedi Rebels

Peace Brigade hmmm I suppose they will continue to cause trouble forr the Jedi Rebels, perhaps saboteurs. I doubt they have much of a large role to play any longer. I doubt they will be ended, it will just say at the end of HC#5 that they are being rounded up.

Vergere I think she will reveal her true colours soon as a Jedi, at reveal to the Jedi and Jacen. By Traitor we will know her true motives, I suspect of Luke's mission to Coruscant I have heard about she will meet him and reveal to him as well.

Jedi Council? sure but not till the end, as in right at the end of HC#5

Coruscant I dont think the New Republic will even exist by HC#4 but whatever government that is set up by the Jedi Rebels and Imperial Remnant survivors will be stationed on a damaged planet. Ooh goody Wedge is an expert at that he can become a garbage man again....lol

Shimmra We should see the tide of the war start to turn sometime around HC#4 but the Vong's last ditch assault that can still wipe out the galaxy (but of course wont) will probably happen in HC#5 led by Shimmra

Jagged & Jaina Sure in Enemy Lines I fully expect to see them togethor, but Jaina will fall back to the dark side, It cant be gone already, how will they do this? kill Jagged in HC#4

Imperial Remnant and Pelleon By Force Heretic I expect to see the Jedi Rebels, the Chiss Empire and the Imperial Remnant attacking the Vong from three different fronts and then joining up at the end. After the war the Chiss will return to the UR but the Imperial Remnant and Jedi Rebels will forge togethor into one Government.

Nom Anor I expect he will from now on continue as an aide of Lah with Vergere as his rival (until she reveals her true colors) and now Shesh as a rival aide as well. I doubt he will die until HC#5 where he is bound to fight to the death with Mara where I expect to see both get killed in trading blows.

Droma doubt he will return with a big part, he might come in as a guy in the background helping with the resistance or we might have Han find out he is dead but that would be all.

ITsavong Lah I expect Jag to die in HC#4 so Jaina will turn and fight Jacen in an insane rage so he will survive and not be desposed, but at the end after losing half the fleet, Shimmra I think will alow him to regain honor by serving in battle under him and in the last large battle Jacen will duel Lah and strike the Warmaster down.

Learning bio-tech I expect after HC#4 more and more new discoveries will happen and slowly the Jedi will gain the upper hand in the war because of this.

Ben Skywalker I doubt he will do a hell of a lot as he is an infant baby but there will probably be minor story lines with people trying to kidnap him but not that much. Ben I think was brought in cause Ben needs to be around soon just in case the Sequel films get produced and I reckon they will kill Mara at the end.

Kyp Durron I am positive he will fall in HC#4 with Jaina and start trying to use any method necesary to kill Vong. Eventually being killed by Jaina when she returns to the light

Thracken Sal-Solo I think the Dark Jedi will be approached by Thrackan who manages to bring back up Centerpoint, problem being at the time during HC#5 there will be the last big battle wher

5. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    The Shamed Ones:
    Oh yeah, they're a big part. I suspect Lah will become one after Jacen escapes, and he will change his views on Vong society, and lead a Rebellion against the Vong proper.

Dark Jedi
    They will ally with the Jedi, and cause problems with the views of the force, hammering out the 'New Jedi Order' theme.

Chiss
    They'll ally with the Alliance when push comes to shove. I have no idea when, but they should open up a second front along the Vong's flank. Hopefully the Chiss will be able to link up with the Allies on the otherside of the Vong line to Adumar. This will allow the Imps to come back into the picture.

The Peace Brigade
    They'll fade back to a supporting role. I bet alot of them will be outcasts of the galaxy. After the Vong's strike to the Core, most of them will realize appeasment was a bad idea, and find themselves put down by the Alliance.

Vergere
    No idea!!!

Jedi Council
    Yes. That will be the conclusion. Whoever's left will be on it. Luke, Kam, Tionne, Streen, etc.

Coruscant
    It'll be reclaimed. The bulk of the alliance are Coruscant refugees. All the heroes took up residence their, and its a symbol of humanity. Plus, everybody who didn't evacuate is putting up a resistance. It's a big place. It's my favorite planet, anyways.

Shimmra
    He'll play a supporting role. He's like royalty, you praise him and everything, but not necessarily essential.

Jaina & Jagged
    They'll get together.

They'll have to team up with the Chiss and open up a new front. Their in prime position to make such an attack, but probably wont survive a counter-attack.

Nom Anor
    He'll become more powerful than ever.

Droma
    He'll return, but not be to important.

Tsavong Lah
    He'll be caste to the Shamed Ones, where I've already explained that whole thing.

They will gradually.

Ben Skywalker
    He'll be in the possession of Mara, the warrior mom. I bet Mara will die saving him.

Kyp Durron
    I think he's leveled off after DJ. He'll be very important. As much as I'd like to see him survive, I doubt it.

Yes, the Corellians will be back. I'm thinking Sal-Solo and the Corellian System will mount such a large resistance that the Vong will just bypass them. They'll be like Bastogne during the Battle of The Bulge. I don't know about Centerpoint. With Anakin's death, no one will be able to fire it worth a darn, and nobody's going to allow Sal-Solo near it.

C-3PO / R2-D2
    What about them?

Shapers
    Nen Yim will unlock the secrets of the midichlorian, and therefore access the force. I think that's what the whole force heretic series will be about.

Corran Horn
    He'll be on the council.

Soontir Fel
    He'll be the liason between the Imperials and Chiss.

6. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    Interesting thoughts on unlocking the midichlorians in Force Heretic....hmmm

7. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Possible DJ Spoilers ahead

The Gatherer, I believe you're missing the most important potential issue resolution.

Throughout the NJO, we've been privy to the plight of a newer, more complete understanding of the Force. One that would explain the absence of a race in the Force arguably the very essence of life - the Yuuzhan Vong.

How will they resolve this particular issue? Ever since Vector Prime and the Dark Tide duology, our heroes have been struggling with this issue. And Dark Journey heightened the significance of this issue throughout:
    Jaina felt the mingled joy and pain of Kyp's long, slow redemption, the isolation of his long years of restitution. She felt his regret for selfishly endangering the one person who could become all that he himself would never achieve.
    And with absolute certainty, she knew that Kyp was wrong - she was not the one. The path to a different understanding of the Force was not her journey to take.
    Hrmmmmmmmm...

END of DJ Spoilers

8. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Very interesting, Vergere. Let's not forget that that is a major plot point of the NJO.

I think, when the dust settles, that the Shamed Ones and the Chiss will have played a pivotal role in the NJO, but beyond that Id only be guessing.

9. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001

Just wanted to comment on one particular issue...

Nom Anor - I think you hit it on the head there.

I'm finding all these disparaging references to Nom Anor from Harrar & Khalee Lah extremely curious. We saw it in Rebirth too. Then in Star by Star we see Jacen spare the Executor's life when he has a clear chance to kill Executor Nom Anor. Nom Anor is more adapted to the GFFA and its abominations more than any other YV. I think Nom Anor may play a more important role for our heroes in the end whether he likes it or not.

10. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Genghis12:As for Ending (1), I certainly hope the Vong manage to completely wipe out the NR forever. The whole galaxy should thank them for removing such a blighted institution from the face of the galaxy. Everything the Vong have done thus far could possible be forgiven if at the very least they manage to utterly erase that broken government from the galaxy. That's not to say Leia won't initiate a new galactic government - a new working galactic government - perhaps a new Republic.

I totally agree with Genghis on this statement. The NR was becoming a bloated government that was doomed to see another galactic civil war if not many other rebellions against it. It was getting worse than the Empire ever was. The NR?s totally indecisiveness has cost them their government and their own planets by letting the YV into the universe in the first place. If they had gotten their heads out of the sand and listened to Leia when she first brought up the potential risk that the YV posed when they took Belkadan and Helska, this war would have never happened. At least not how it is going now. But I guess we wouldn't have the stories we do now if the NR initiated first strike against the YV in the beginning. But I am glad to see the NR gone.

11. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    I expect to see Anakin return before the end of the series. Not show up at the front door and say "I'm back." I think that he will appear to Tahiri later in the series (HC#4). How? A quote from Dark Journey hinted at this.

Begin Dark Journy spoiler:

"But I do not envy her her dreams."

Dreams. Jaina grimaced at the thought.

Jaina was mentioning in Dark Journey that Anakin had discovered something in the force that no one else had yet discovered. He died before he could tell any of the jedi. I believe that Anakin would return to Tahiri and teach her what he discovered. This could fulfill the prophecy of Irkit in Conquest that the two of them would do something great to change the galaxy.

End Dark Journey Spoilers

12. Anakin_Solo73

Oct 4, 2001
    I'm curious as to why there has been no mention of creating a clone army of sorts to deal with the Vong. It would make sense to clone thousands and thousands of troopers to deal with the Vong.

13. SithSpit777

SithSpit777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    Ok, lemme forwarn everyone that I am bring by with this a way for Anakin to come back. I realize it is wholely unlikely, but that is the perspective I am writing from.

--------------------------------------------
    The Shamed Ones
    ---------------
    Will revolt, and possibly live in peace with the NR, should the NR wi the war.

Dark Jedi
    ---------
    They will not join the Vong, but I see a possible ressurection of the way of the Sith in the future.

Chiss
    -----
    Not sure when they will be drawn in, but they will come in and fight the Vong. They could possibly turn on the NR once the Vong are out of the picture, and decide on conquest themselves.

The Peace Brigade
    -----------------
    Supporting role, will fade into non-existance, except for the odd story here and there.

Vergere
    -------
    Definitely a jedi. Will eventually help the NR

Jedi Council
    ------------
    Unless Vergere helps ressurect it, I doubt there will be another council. The first one got dragged down into politics, and seemed removed from the people it was supposed to help. The NJO is one of emotion, one where the Jedi creed is faintly there, but still mostly is not known of. These Jedi fall in love, marry, get involved. As imperfect as it may be, it is also the saving grace of the NJO. It makes them who they are, and I do not see it changing. What I DO see, as a result of Vergere, is the return of the practice of the Master/Padawan system.

Coruscant
    ---------
    I honestly couldnt tell you.
    Maybe the Jedi Base of Eclipse will eventually become home of the new government, when the NR is finally dead.

Shimmra
    -------
    I say in the 4th HC he shows up.

Jaina & Jagged
    --------------
    Yep.

---------------------------
    They will help out, and then I think that the NR and the Imps will forge a new Government, not called either the Republic or the Empire. They will then be united.

Nom Anor
    --------
    Who knows? He most likely will die by the end of the NJO.

Droma
    -----
    Done, or a supporting character.

Tsavong Lah
    -----------
    He is a dead man, in either HC 4, or 5.

--------------------------------
    Here is where my theory comes in with Anakin.
    His tissue is cloned by the Vong, and shaped.
    He becomes a warrior Jedi/vong for them (hence Force Heretic 1-3) He will eventually come back to the light, being possessed by Anakin's spirit (ala the Emperor in the DE series). Thus anakin has a new body, and uses this and his new ability to see the vong in the force to teach others about the vong, and teach them how to detect the vong.

Ben Skywalker
    -------------
    Man, I hope not. I seriously hope he is in for the ride. And if someone has to die protecting him, I hope it is Luke, and not Mara.

Kyp Durron
    ----------
    Not quite sure. Will be fun to watch though.

------------------------------------
    Possible, although I think as a minor plot point.

C-3PO / R2-D2
    -------------
    Hope not. I think they survive.

Shapers
    -------
    They shape. They die at the end of the NJO series. The end. So sad.

Corran Horn
    -----------
    No, but I think he will take on a Padawan.

Soontir Fel
    -----------
    You bet.

Thats all I can think of for now.

14. Anakin_Solo73

Oct 4, 2001
    I actually think that the Jedi will become the leaders of the Government in a post-NJO universe.

15. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I dont know about the Jedi leading. I think they'll be more important to the New Republic afterwards.

BTW, does anybody else think Eclipse is in the remnants of Byss?

16. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    that was my assumption, KN.

17. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Concerning the Shamed Ones, I would like to see them revolt against the rest of the Vong. With what Vua Rapuung did to prove that he'd been made a member of the Shamed Ones caste by one of the members of the Shapers caste, it showed the Shamed ones that the other classes may well be holding them down deliberately.

The Peace Brigade
    what will happen when / if the Vong start losing? Will they be charged and tried for treason? Will the hunters become the hunted?

Too cowardly, too much out to be on the winning side. They'll probably abandon the Vong, get rid of anything that points to their being Brigaders, and in the end act like they helped to defeat the Vong. That is, those who aren't recgonized as Brigaders or already captured.

18. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    DeeJay Spoilers

The Shamed Ones
    This caste has plenty of potential. Anakin stirred them up in Conquest. News of Jaina's trickery will probably make them pause. This inevitably means that Jacen will find way to gain their favor. My guess is that they'll aid his escape and will join his side, which is basically a Noghri rehash.

Dark Jedi
    There'll always be some Dark Knights around, but my guess is that they won't have too much impact on the future.

Chiss
    The Chiss aren't that huge. My guess is they'll have to confront the Vong sooner or later, but whether it'll actually be featured in a novel is anyone's guess.

The Peace Brigade
    This group has little structure. My guess is most of the members will go back to being assassins, bounty hunters, or whatever they were before the war.

Vergere
    This Fosh definitely is a puzzle. I will refrain from surmising her true motives until after Traitor.

Jedi Council(s)
    My hope is that the 4 Jedi Councils will be revived soon, maybe even by Kyp if he survives.

Coruscant
    This planet should just be left a graveyard after it is conquered. Once the looters and Vong are finished with it, there'll be little left anyway. I think the GFFA needs a mobile, moon-sized capital that does not contain a death ray.

Shimmra
    The Supreme Overlord is long overdue for another appearance. I feel that he has to return by Destiny's Way.

Jaina & Jagged
    They have been so obviously set up, but both are extremely busy. They could wait until after reconstruction to even think about a union if they take after Luke/Mara or Han/Leia.

They're trying to hide in the shadows, but soon they'll go on the offensive once victory is certain.

Nom Anor
    I think he'll be set up by Vergere.

Droma
    Droma was a device to get Han over Chewie. He was replaced by Leia. If we do see him again, it'll be brief and insignificant.

Tsavong Lah
    He'll either meet his end or try to pull a Pestage when he's in danger. Maybe he'll offer them Coruscant and/or other planets for some lush world. The question is, what will Leia's answer be this time?

With Jaina's new revelations and Danni's work, the Jedi should get closer to finding more about the Vong.

Ben Skywalker
    Ben is safe and not in danger of being kidnapped again.

Kyp Durron
    Kyp is becoming likable. This to me is a sign that he could die soon. The minute I saw Borsk portrayed in a better light I knew the harsh truth. However, anything's possible.

I think it's only a matter of time before Corellia is conquered.

C-3PO / R2-D2
    I sincerely hope they live. But one wonders if Zero-One and other droids have been set up as replacements.

Shapers
    I think they'll make little progress. A lot of their ships have been dying and many research labs have been destroyed.

Corran Horn
    What role hasn't his guy filled? Council member is inevitable. Which Council is another question.

Soontir Fel
    'Tir will stay in the background. Jagged has been proven to be the Chiss ambassador, and will be the active Fel. However, I might like to see all of those Fel clones kick Vong butt when the invaders try to disturb the Fel community.

Over Resolution
    Look for a peace treaty or something to that effect, I doubt the Vong came just to be destroyed.

19. Jedi_Knight_Mike

Jedi_Knight_Mike Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2002
    Mike's Visions

The shamed ones
    one of the keys to victory if they abandon the other castes Vong society will crumble. In VP Yomin Carr suggests that the Vong's Hierarchy will be a reason for victory but it could be proven to be a weakness.

Dark Jedi
    Will be hunted like the jedi and in their attempts to strike back they will be killed. So few will remain that the Sith rule of two will begin again.

Chiss
    They will be another key to victory but it will be military leadership and tactics not the ships and troops they provide that will lead the galaxy to victory

Peace Brigade
    Will fade away and play no significant part one the NR scores a couple of victories against the vong.

Jedi council
    Will return to better coordinate the jedi military campaign. Will try to prevent factional disputes.

Coruscant
    will be changed by the vong for the better. a vision luke had in Rebirth EOV 2 during the birth of his son points to him and his son living on a world that is like Coruscant but not.

Imp Remenant
    Will attempt to counter attack at some stage with others that oppose the vong however they will be conquered by the Vong. their defeat will lead to the Chiss entry into the war.

20. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Okay, I've thought long and hard about my answers in this thread.

The Shamed Ones: Their revolt, while important (and probably already dealt with Tianenmen Square style), is only a symptom of an even larger problem facing the Vong, one that's only become apparent in the last few books. Their entire system, civilization, way of life is built on their blind faith in their bloodthirsty gods -- and now, on all levels of YV society, that faith is breaking down in the face of the GFFA's fierce defense and the imminent demise of their galaxy-traveling worldships. The Force's warning to Jacen in BP to "stand firm" was more prescient than he knew -- thanks to that stand, the YV are much weaker than our heroes suspect. And when they do figure it out, this war's gonna turn around in a huge hurry.

The Dark Jedi: They may be evil, but they ain't stupid. The last few years have served as ample warning to the Dark Jedi that letting the YV win (or helping them win) will mean their demise as much as anyone else's. Given a choice (and neutrality ain't one of them), they'll side with the NR/Jedi.

Chiss: Ah yes. I fully expect them (along with Fel) to become a key ingredient in the counter-offensive that will likely begin in "Destiny's Way."

Coruscant: I hate to say it, but I think we've seen the last of Coruscant in the SW saga. It's joined Alderaan in the mists of history. Though not destroyed, it's not gonna be habitable for centuries to come.

Nom Anor: A Gollum-type figure? Interesting. Wouldn't be the first time a bad guy saved the day in this saga. ;)

Warmaster Tsavong Lah: His new arm is rejected by his body, but he hides his disability with the aid of Harrar. When his deception is finally discovered (Hardcover #4, or maybe Force Heretic) is when the breakdown of the YV really begins and Shimmra takes charge.

Viqi Shesh: I'm certain we haven't seen the last of her. As SW Gamer recently and eloquently put it, "The most dangerous enemy of all is the one who has nothing left to lose." A traitor -- and now a pariah -- to both sides, Viqi is a psychotic time bomb waiting to go off. And when she does, several heroes (and villains) are gonna go with her. If Mara does become one with the Force (God forbid), Viqi will be the one who pulls the trigger.

And Mick, there is one possible series ending you haven't mentioned: The Nobody Gets Out Alive scenario, aka "The Reservoir Dogs ending." Both sides annihilate each other. Only a couple of scattered survivors, including Luke and his son Ben, but the GFFA itself is mostly in ruins and civilization is back to the spacefaring Dark Ages. The perfect place, in other words, for George to change his mind and say "Hmm, maybe I'll do Episodes VII - IX after all..."

21. Jedi_Knight_Mike

Jedi_Knight_Mike Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2002

Actually i have considered the all sides lose ending but it just doesn't seem likely that Lucas would end the galaxy in that way.

i also don't think the vong or the republic have the resources to destroy the galaxy. Another story line that hasn't been resolved is the fate of the respective fleets.

New republic navy
    everyone has talked about the Chiss, IR, Jedi knights and shamed ones as the saviors of the galaxy but none of them have a fleet capable of taking on the Vong
    How will the NR Navy defeat the Vong?

Vong Warfleet
    it has been suggested that the vong has their fleets stretched thin across the galaxy before SbS. Will the Vong have enough warships to effectively control the galaxy despite their losses at Black Bantha and Coruscant?

22. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Great thoughts all! :)

23. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I agree. Best thread on here.

24. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Doesn't anyone remember Nen Yim and how she surpassed the already known cortexes and reached a new level of shaper understanding? She was supervised by Shimmra's jester-like servant and brought to him by the end of Rebirth. I think Shimmra himself has some big plans for Nen Yim to shape him something that will no doubt cause a lot of trouble. Perhaps she was behind the shaping of the Voxyn?

As for R2-D2 and C-3PO, I really hope they don't get sacrificed as abominations. I love those little guys :(

25. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    heres what i think about the dark jedi. as i recall, wasnt there supposed to be a balance in the force, that anakin(skywalker) was to fofill(sp?). well what if he didnt do it directly. what if his kids/grandkids/someone from his blood line did it.

To my knowlege, isnt a "balance" supposed to be equil on both ends. so maybe the key to beating the Vong is to come to some sort of understanding of the force that says you have to have so many dark jedi as light. and maybe jaina will do that. she might actually go to the dark side (i dont believe she really did before) and still be a good guy. this would fofill(sp?) the prophecy of the balance thing and destroy the vong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.