main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO Ships Illustrations (Jade Sabre, Bothan Assault Cruiser, Defender SD)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceXizor, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    do you have any of the Ranger-Class?

2. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    I dont think there are any images of it yet from an official source, but here is a link to the NJO Project thats working on computer models for X-wing Alliance. One of the team members is working on the Ranger class gunship and this page shows the progress so far.

http://njoproject.skywalkeronline.net/ns/s_rangergunship.shtml

3. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Hopefully there will be some good illustrations and schematics in upcoming essential guides or something, which are more accessible to the general public than the old WEG materials. :mad:

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Yeah, was wondering how close they were

5. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Not really what I had in mind for the Ranger-gunship.

6. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Nice. When was there a Nebula (Defender) class Star Destroyer in the NJO, though?

Also, can anybody post some pics of the Belarus-class Cruiser and Republic class Star Destroyer from CTD?

Last, the Defender and Nebula are supposed to be the same. I dont have the book, but they used the name for the assault cruiser and duplicated it instead of putting down Nebula. How that happened I'll have no idea.

7. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    cool pictures :D

8. KansasNavy

Mar 10, 2001
    Jade Sabre is alot how I imagined it. They never really described the Bothan Assault Cruiser well, so I had no clue. Some of the other pics at the site are cool. Gun Tugs seem frick'n cool. And that Deathraven is pretty interesante.

The Endurance class Fleet Carrier's bridge (or whatever it is) looks like a mushroom cloud. Cool.

I think the CTD's pictures are the way I'd suspect that era's ships to be like. Futuristic but grounded in the SW past. The Majestic class Cruiser is the coolest!

9. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    both the jade saber and the ranger are nothign at ALL like i pictured them...oh well.

They still look hot.

10. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    "Last, the Defender and Nebula are supposed to be the same. I dont have the book, but they used the name for the assault cruiser and duplicated it instead of putting down Nebula. How that happened I'll have no idea."

If they are the same class, would that then completely 'discredit' the Cracken's Threat Dossier illustrations, in favor of the more recent Starships of the Galaxy rendering? Or is there still room to have both design's coexist? And for RPG/tech manual purposes, would the Defender-class and Nebula-class Star Destroyers have the same stats, or would they be different as the current thinking in some circles is that the Defender is a more heavily armed and shielded version of the Nebula, but sharing the same hull.

EDIT: Just did some more reading up on the subject, and it appears that the Defender-class Star Destroyer is a mislabelling for the Nebula-class, due to confusion with the Defender-class Assault Carrier. In that case, Starships of the Galaxy Defender-class should probably be more properly called the Nebula-class Star Destroyer, in accordance with the Black Fleet Crisis novels. The stats given in SOTG are still valid however.

How about all the confusion about the Viscount and Strident-class Star Defenders, made by the Mon Calamari and the Corellians?

11. KansasNavy

Mar 10, 2001
    Mon Cal = Viscount class
    Corellia = Strident class

The problem is that when it's called a "Corellian made Viscount class Star Defender", you dont know which is the mislabel. The manufacturer of the Viscount, or the class of the Star Defender.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.