main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO Sourcebook Error

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mandalore74, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Page 136:
    "Mara and Jaina Solo encounter a refugee ship pursued by a Yuuzhan Vong frigate on Mara's first mission after the birth of her child. Aboard the refugee ship, self-exiled Jedi Corran Horn has faced the newest Yuuzhan Vong weapon- the Jedi-hunting Voxyn-and barely gets away in an escape pod. Only quick thinking and excellent flying allow Mara and Jaina to rescue Corran's pod before it plunges into a nearby gas giant.

That is not right at all, Mara and Jaina rescued Aleema Rar. Corran was nowhere to be found. I believe at this time he was being chased by a Voxyn on Corellia. Just thought I would point this out. Thoughts anyone?

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Jeez, the guy does everything! Now he cross dresses!

:)

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Didn't you know about Stackpole's newest story series, "I, New Jedi" where Corran is inserted into key NJO events off-camera, after the fact. [face_plain] :D

4. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah, Corran rules !!!

5. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    LOL Reaper!

6. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
  7. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    What can I say? Corran gets around. He's the Forrest Gump of the GFFA.

8. BattleDog

BattleDog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2002
    Only smarter:D

Corran is just getting big headed, reckons he can win the war on his own!

9. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Aleema: //screams The voxyn are after me! The voxyn are after me! Wait, I can escape in this escape pod. //opens door

Corran: //standing in his boxers, looking like he hasn't shaved in several months Hey! Find your own escape pod to self-exile yourself in. Can't a guy get some privacy around here! //shuts door //slurping, chomping and screams of agony can be heard just outside the door.

Corran: //sees blood oozing under door Oh bother. I guess I'd better leave...

10. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
  11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Another mistake is on one of the invasion maps, when it sais Bastion was conquered.

12. Mandalore74

Feb 1, 2001
    LOL Ghengis.

The maps kinda pissed me off. Aside from Bastion being showed as Vongified, they also show Kashyyyk and Corellia as under the Vong's control. If these two planets have actually fallen then I am a little pissedwe didn't get to see it. Also, I am mad that Reece and Borleias aren't on the maps. The way they are rotated pisses me off too, I was hoping that they would be just like the book maps, only more detailed. I do like the yellow Vong "haze" though, I thought it was a very good way to show how strongly the Vong control what parts of the SUCAL GALAXY.

13. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Yeah, the maps are the biggest screw-up, and it seemed like the NJO Sourcebook authors gave SbS a once-over, which is understandable considering how close each book is when they were released.

14. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    This is great.

First of all, Ghengis, hilarious.

Second of all, Mandalore, VONGIFIED is the new word for the Forum. Spread it.

My theory is that MAS shadow wrote the whole NJO Sourcebook. . . . I don't have it but would somebody check who it says Ben Skywalker's father is ???

Interesting. . . . . this thread is now Vongified.

15. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    heh, heh... VONGIFIED [face_laugh]

16. Samuel

Samuel Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    *runs from the Vong haze*

I dun wanna be Vongified!

heh okay poor attempt at humor I know, I'll leave now :)

Does the sourcebook say much about whats happened to Courscant ?

17. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Yeah, G-Man, very amusing!

Corran in his boxers...brrrrr.

18. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    here's a more accurate guess of what happened.
    When that scene was submitted in the first draft, that was Corran in that scene. He was likely cut out and replaced with Aleema, and no one told the Sourcebook Authors.

19. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Another error in the NJO Sourcebook: On page 52 it says that Gavin is Biggs Darklighter's young brother. In fact they are cousins.

20. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Welcome to the Jerry Springer Show. Today's topic is Dysfunctional Outer Rim Families...

Some possibilities:
    1. Biggs and Gavin were cousins. Gavin's parents died in a freak moisture vaporator accident and Biggs' parents adopted him. Biggs and Gavin are cousins and brothers.
    2. Biggs and Gavin were cousins. Biggs' parents died in a freak moisture vaporator accident and Gavin's parents adopted him. Biggs and Gavin are cousins and brothers.
    3. Biggs mom had Biggs and then became divorced. Biggs dad married Biggs' aunt and those two had Gavin. Therefore, not only are Gavin and Biggs cousins, but brothers as well.
    4. Biggs mom had Biggs and then became divorced. Biggs mom married Biggs' uncle and those two had Gavin. Therefore, not only are Gavin and Biggs cousins, but brothers as well.

...and I suppose...

5. Biggs' mom is the sister of Biggs' dad. Therefore, not only are Gavin and Biggs brothers, but cousins as well. :eek: :)

21. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Interesting... :eek:

Hum... Question, how could a freak moisture vaporator accident happen ???

22. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    #5 is disturbing, but considering what we know of the turn-on?s of Tatooine natives, probably the most likely.

23. Mandalore74

Feb 1, 2001
    Another thing about the NJO that irked me was the artwork. Contrary to many, I loved the surreal artwork. It was the inconsistancy that pissed me off. I think that one motif should be used throughout, and in this case it should have been the absract theme. I think it fits the mood of the NJO quite well. The cartoony crap really made me mad, and what was the deal with the one CG picture of Karrde on Yavin? Granted it was pretty cool looking, but it just came out of left field. What are your guys' thoughts on th eartwork of the NJO Sourcebook?

I know it sounds like I wasn't pleased with the NJO Sourcebook, but I was. The text and stats (not that I use them) were excellent and really cleared up some points that I was hazy on. All in all I gave the book a 4 out of 5 on my WoTC comment card. I would recommend picking it up if you want either clarity or more info on the NJO. (End ringing endorsement :D)

Edit: For Xizor

-Mandalore the Appeaser

24. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Agree with you Mandalore, from what I've seen so far of the NJOSB...

(Even if it's not abstract art, but surrealist art, if I am not mistaken on the latter term.)

25. Mandalore74

Feb 1, 2001
    Upping my own thread, Man am I pathetic? (But hey, I don't start many threads, coughnewbiescough) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.