main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO: The Darkness Shaped - NEW POST 8th September!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_K_DART, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    TO the top with thee.

J_J

2. Katie_Kenobi

Katie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2002
    This really needs and UP!!

Katie

3. Katie_Kenobi

Mar 17, 2002
  4. Katie_Kenobi

Mar 17, 2002
    Another UP!!!

5. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    This needs another UP! ;)

6. Katie_Kenobi

Mar 17, 2002
    This needs a major up!! UPPP!!!

KAtie

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Up!

And is this available somewhere more practical (ie not spread over 56 pages with a 56k modem)? So far, I've only managed to skim most of it...

- The Imperial Ewok

8. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    And another UP... :p ;)

~JPS~

9. Katie_Kenobi

Mar 17, 2002
  10. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    This needs to be UPPED! :D

~JPS~

11. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    OK, gang, after a severe case of ultra-DRL, I'm semi-returned - will be doing more on DS soon, but *first* I'll be concentrating on getting an updated version moved to these new threads that are causing me so much confusion!

Oh, welcome Thrawn! It *was*, but my computer crashed and the word-file disappeared as a result... Sorry!

12. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Och!

- The Imperial Ewok

13. Yaven_Seldona

Yaven_Seldona Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2003
    Welcome Back, Tom.
    Still waiting for you to finish this "claim for fame" ^^

14. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Agggghhhh!!!! I've been reading forever and now this isn't finished!?! J_K_ you're killing me here! ;) Post some more soon, or the the suspense will do me in!

Seriously though, this has been a great way to keep me busy until I can get my hands on FH III. You do very nice work! :D

15. TahiriSoloFan

May 20, 2003
    Agggghhhh!!!! I've been reading forever and now this isn't finished!?! J_K_ you're killing me here! ;) Post some more soon, or the the suspense will do me in!

Seriously though, this has been a great way to keep me busy until I can get my hands on FH III. You do very nice work! :D

16. TahiriSoloFan

May 20, 2003

17. Katie_Kenobi

Mar 17, 2002
    JK, your back!!!! YAY!! I understand about the new boards thing, I basically just stick to the ones I was reading before they changed everything, because almost none of them will be finished in the near future, or in a year or two. I hope you will not be one of those writers JK!

Katie

18. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Good to be back, Yaven, and it will be soon - first I'm getting it all saved on computer, then getting to work at the next bit... Actually, I might well do a post later today or tomorrow, just to catch up a bit!

19. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Welcome back Dart. :)

20. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Hi there JJ! It's good to be getting back to speed LOL! What I'm going to do, is the following;

1) Get the whole story onto a word file, so I can use it on any computer system, not just the college one (that way, I get to put it on my own computer, a slow one that doesn't have internet access)

2) Type up a quick summary for everyone who's forgotten where we are

3) LET THE SHOW GO ON! :D

Nice to be back! Unfortunately, my plans were postponed by the computer facilities in the college being CLOSED (why do they ALWAYS have to pick their timing?!?) - as soon as they're open, I'll be back, and with sufficient time to produce a POST! :D

21. Katie_Kenobi

Mar 17, 2002
    *claps hands excitedly* Yay! JK's back and he's gonna post soon! Yay! This is just like waiting for Harry Potter though, I know it's coming, but I'm really exicted. Just hope you're college's computer's are open soon!

Katie

22. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    *laughs* Just call me JKRowling! ;)

OK...

Here we go! Consider this partially a recap...

Luke Skywalker banked his X-wing in a tight curve, neatly avoiding the plasma shots a coralskipper had directed towards him; they still scraped the X-wing?s shields, making his droid whistle with fear. ?It?s all right, Artoo,? the Jedi Master whispered, ?You know the plan.?

The plan. Force, it was good to have a plan, rather than be adapting; together, the Jedi Master and General bel Iblis had put into place a battle strategy that even the Yuuzhan Vong would find crushing. The great thing was, they had the home field advantage. Stretching out with the Force, Luke checked the entire system, preparing for the battle that was to come. Several battle fleets, composed of snubfighters, were each taking on Vong ?skips around the Maw. The complex black hole cluster was at the heart of the conflict, with anarchy surrounding it ? its? surreal energies and dangerous gases provided a mind-numbing backdrop to combat on a level the Galaxy hadn?t seen before for years. Another fleet, commanded by General Han Solo, was sweeping out of the Maw for an attack on the ship containing the yammosk. The two rogue coralskippers, piloted by Anakin Solo and Riina Kwaad, and Jacen Solo, Alema Rar, and Tenel Ka, were pulling out of the asteroid field ? their security had been compromised. Meanwhile, Lando Calrissian?s Lady Luck was slowly coming to life ? she needed to get out of the asteroid field before Phase Two was initiated. The Lady Luck was providing what scientific confusion it could, jamming villip signals and disrupting the yammosks.

Soon, it would be time for Phase Two. Phase One ? draw the enemies into the Maw ? was working like a charm.

Luke?s battle fleet had regrouped on his orders; a complex mix of X-wings, Imperial TIE-Ds, Chiss clawcraft, and countless other ships. It felt strange to be fighting side-by-side with the Empire and the Chiss, but Luke found himself enjoying it. ?Coralskipper flight incoming,? he warned, and felt a subtle prodding from the Force. Once he?d not have known what it meant; after the Death Star run, he had come to depend upon it. ?Leave them to me.?

Now, Luke flicked a handful of switches, and the shields on his X-wing deactivated. ?Master Skywalker?? came a voice from the comm.-link, but Luke ignored it. He also ignored Artoo?s horrified wailings; the droid had probably hoped never to go through this again. A flick of another switch, and the targeting scope was also deactivated; and Luke was trusting to the Force.

He kicked the thrusters to maximum, arcing to intercept the Yuuzhan Vong fleet. There were thirty-five enemy vessels, all swifter than he, all shielded behind dovin basals, and all linked by the War Coordinator. That was the first thing Luke would disrupt; now the Vong existed within the Force, he could sense the mental energies of the yammosk that tied the coralskippers and their pilots together. They were like strings, and with the Force Luke could see them ? and with the Force, he could break them. Immediately the enemy flight became a little less orderly, and Luke ignored the new strands the yammosk was desperately trying to weave. Instead, he opened fire; out of range, but that didn?t bother him. The Yuuzhan Vong, deprived of their War Coordinator, had no way of knowing he was out of range, after all?

The strategy worked perfectly. Two ?skips went on evasive for no reason at all, and suddenly the flight was a lot less orderly. And where there was disorder, there was also opportunity.

Four of the ?skips advanced, probing towards this madman who dared to challenge them. To Luke?s amusement, one ?skip began attacking the others, its? pilot obviously wanting the honour of this kill for himself. The Jedi Master didn?t particularly mind his enemies taking themselves out; he waited patiently for that fighter to be destroyed, then took evasive action as the Vong focused on him once again. He was flying purely through the Force

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    wow, a post? a POST? Yea!

24. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Hi Liz! Yup - a post! :D

25. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    A post!!!

*faints*

*revives self*

Excellent work, as usual, Dart. Great action scene! THAT'S the Luke Skywalker the NJO is missing out on! ;)

Woohoo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.