main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO Video Game (SBS References)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MysteryWhiteBoy8, Oct 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    After playing Jedi Knight today and decidely disapointed at how easy it is to cut down stormtroopers with a lightsaber, i was wondering how great it would be to have a NJO influenced Jedi Knight game. How great would that be?

Your missions would involve many things. You could be involved with Peace Brigade operations or you could fight Yuzzhan Vong warriors and their shocktroops on a variety of different worlds. . . .as a Jedi Knight you'd be involved in insertion missions like Garqi, Bimmiel. You could discover things about the Vong as you go along, pick up artifacts and stuff. As things get worse, you'd have to fight these voxyn things and find passage toward the core on ships and hope the Vong don't find you on the way there. This game could be a lot like Jedi Knight of course, but it could also be based around a game like Rainbow Six where you need to practice all sorts of difficult insertion techniques.

i think this would be a great game to play! any comments on what sorta missions you could have? any comments on any other ideas for the game?

2. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Missa like it. Missa want it.

But in fact, I'd even prefer a SOTE-like game with different gameplays (spatial shoot, Jedi-Knight-like, etc.).

3. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    While that would be great.........from the moment I read Vector Prime I knew that NJO starbattles would make a great videogame!

I mean imagine something similar to XWA, but against coralskippers. IT would be much more strategic, you'd have to constantly be watching out for dovin basals, making sure your shields didn't get ripped off and most fun of all trying to shoot down Coralskippers!

And re-enacting the attack of Coruscant on SbS would be cool.......very cool

4. Annakin_Starkiller

Annakin_Starkiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2000
  5. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    If they ever make Jedi Knight 4, it should be set during the New Jedi Order.

6. MysteryWhiteBoy8

Sep 4, 2001
    I hear you on that one nighthawk . . . . . anything more difficult that TIE fighter AI would be a relief right now. and a challenge!

7. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Becca, why 4 ? Why not 3 ? After all, Jedi Knight 2 isn't even released yet...

8. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Agh... I meant Dark Forces 4. Because Jedi Knight 2 is also Dark Forces 3. Which would make Jedi Knight 3... Dark Forces 4. Ugh.

9. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    <brain overload> ;)

10. MysteryWhiteBoy8

Sep 4, 2001
    Well Becca, lets hope by the time NJO rolls around, Kyle isn't an old man. . . . hmmmm no offense to all you Kyle fans out there. But he must be pushing the years. . . .

11. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    STAR WARS: STARFIGHTER: NEW JEDI ORDER

It would be the best SW game EVER! Blastin' coralskippers in your XJ W-Wing... has anyone else seen the screenshots from Rogue Squadron 2 for CameCube? I was breathless! The other Starfighter games (which I own, too, don't call me biased) paled in comparison!

12. Darth Thrawn

Darth Thrawn Jedi Master star 3

Mar 18, 2000
    There was an addon pack for Jedi Knight I, maybe there will be an addon for JKII, perhaps set around the NJO era.

Regardless, im sure some smart person will be able to make levels for it set in the NJO

13. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Dark Forces
    Drak Forces: Jedi Knight
    Dark Forces: Jedi Knight: Outcast

That would make a Yuuzhan Vong-y game:

Dark Forces: Jedi Knight: New Jedi Order: Jedi Trial (Or something...)

14. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

A New Jedi Order starfighter game would be great, but only if they stayed away from arcade style games like Starfighter or the Rogue Squadron franchise. It should be a simulation like X-Wing or Alliance. What would be even cooler is they could do it even as Rogue Squadron, since that would combine both properties into one game.

15. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    I hope they do a NJO videogame. I think there should be two NJO video games.
    One would involve space battles with the Yuzzhan Vong coralskippers and the
    other would involve lightsaber duels with Yuzzhan Vong warriors on various
    worlds like Ithor,Dantooine,Belkadan,Yavin 4 etc.

It would be neat if an NJO videogame involved the Vong taking Coruscant as
    in SBS.

I hope they do an NJO Starfighter game in the near future. I would like it to be
    an arcade sytle game like Rogue Squadron and the upcoming Rogue Leader:Rogue
    Squadron II. (I'm looking forward to that game. I hope to get it for christmas).

16. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Right, probably should be dummed down for consoles. :)

17. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Lfl has really dropped the ball on this one. No figures, no games, nothing. Releasing a figure along with a book has to be the one great marketing idea I've ever come up with. You get the buyer into both figures and books. Kids and adults alike. I don't collect the figures right now and rarely play the video games. If njo ones come out I'll buy them all!

My brother just bought luke version 43.6 and misc. bystander from tpm.

18. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Is it just me, or did X-wing actually seem more difficult than TIE Fighter. I remember when I played X-wing actually having difficulty in the dog fights. Then I played TIE Fighter and the dogfights, with the exception of those involving enemy Defenders, were pretty much a breeze. And when I tried the demo to X-wing vs Tie Fighter, it was just like playing TIE Fighter again. The challenge was lost for me. I'd like to see an NJO starfighter game a lot like the X-wing game. At least that was a challenge.

Speaking of NJO based games, how about a Rebellion style game called Invasion. You get to choose which side you play and then you can manufacture various ships and troops. Or maybe make it a cross between Rebellion and Force Commander (at least I think it was Force Commander where you lead troops on the ground). That way you could have both space and ground battles.

19. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Definately agree. Xwing was harder than tiefighter, and tie fighter harder than XWA.

I think a Vong Jedi Knight game would be awesome.

20. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    please don't do the dark forces/jedi knight thing, it makes my brain ache more than a quadrtic equation :)

btw I think the only way we could really get Lucasarts' attention about our hunger for an NJO game is to start a petition, WHO'S WITH ME!

21. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Speaking of NJO based games, how about a Rebellion style game called Invasion. You get to choose which side you play and then you can manufacture various ships and troops. Or maybe make it a cross between Rebellion and Force Commander (at least I think it was Force Commander where you lead troops on the ground). That way you could have both space and ground battles.

The only problem there is Rebellion sucked. Have Blizzard design it.

22. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    They should make a video game where you can shoot things.

23. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    loved Rebellion

If they made it, Id like two. One in the XWA mould, and one Jedi Knight style, but with you creating your own Jedi. Looks and stuff, and then you can add quirks if you want (Corran cant use TK for example, or Streen being best with weather). Make it more personal then, your own Jedi

24. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That would be awesome, RP. I'd love that.

25. MysteryWhiteBoy8

Sep 4, 2001
    I can't wait for Jedi Outcast. .. the graphics look fantastic! just imagine using those graphics to portray dantooine or something, or bimmiel. . .. fighting inside the vong shell thing. I'd say it'd be pretty damn scary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.