main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO who will die next?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Streick, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Hopefully, no other major character will die. I'm just sick of it.

The New Jedi Order will be established by the end of this series. That's rules out Ben completely. He is not the next best thing. His time will be in the future.

The Solo kids are just as much a part of the Skywalker saga as Ben. Leia being female does not lessen that.

My kids are just a much a part of my family tree as my brothers' children. I don't know why this is so hard for some people to comprehend.

2. Aderagon

Aderagon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Honestly, I think it will be Luke. With a new son, it sets up a great act on Luke parts, and a true NEW Jedi Order.

3. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Picture it, DelRey Publishing some time in the future. An editor's office- it's messy with piled manuscripts, rejection notices, bags of money lying everywhere.

A reedy, thin man with hawkesh features sits behind a desk dropping midget hamsters into a tank of pirhanas. He looks up when a person with 'author' stenciled across their heads walks in.

"Ah, good afternoon!" the editor says. "Have seat. Coffee?" the author nods and is handed a cup. "That'll be 50 cents, please."

Knowing they have no money, the author hands the porceline cup back. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes." the editor replies. "We want you to kill Luke Skywalker in an upcoming book."

The author goes pale. "Are you on crack? Just for being the guy who wrote Chewbacca's death, RA Salvatore got death threats! It wasn't even his idea. No way, I have the reader's respect. They like me, I like them, it's a good relationship and I won't betray their trust."

The editor sits back in his chair. "Fine. If you won't do it, then we'll find one who will."

As the author leaves, he shrugs, "Sorry, there is only one that lacks scruples enough to do that and I hear he won't work for DelRey."

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Mara needs to die. She has warped Luke's mind and turned him into a non-aggresive, less power using love slave. Luke needs to be diesel again, and show us why he is the master of the NJO...

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I don't think Kyp will die, simply because that would mean Han lost his best friend, son and a very close friend. For Pete's sake, give someone else some grief! :)

6. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Excellent point ReaperFett. Han appears to be the only one who cares for Kyp. If Kyp dies, then Han will probably be the only to grieve. And we have had our fill of seeing Han deal with sorrow.

7. QurangLah

QurangLah Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    I don't think Kyp will die. Kyp or Jaina will prolly be kept around to train young Ben, when Ben is about 9 or 10. Kyp will be the wise old Jedi on the new Jedi Council. Luke, Leia, Han will also not die in NJO. They may disappear for awhile so Ben can be tried out, but will come back if Ben's character fails to catch on.

I said earlier that Tenel Ka would die next but I take it back. The next book is Rebel Dream, so maybe Wedge.

Wedge and some Rogues, Then Jacen, Vergere, then Tenel Ka.

This is all just my best guess which is more likely to be completely wrong.

8. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Since they have already killed of my fav. EU Characters (Elegos & Borsk) and the others are in EU 'limbo' I have no qualms on who they kill next. Apart from Ben maybe.

But I'd like Anor or some of the major Yuuzhan Vong to die. But I don't want Nen Yim to die just yet.

9. Stryder_82

Stryder_82 Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2002

I see Mara being killed off and luke going beserk and going to the Dark side and jacen pulling him back to the light side.

Im only a few chapters into Star by Star and i kind of get this feeling like few of the important background characters will die, mainly like Talon Karrde and Booster.I can see his star destroyer going out in a red blaze of glory.

On a side note, what happend to Ganner they started to develope his character in the Dark Tide duology but after that he kind faded into the background?

10. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    ganner's still around. he has roles throughout SBS and the first half of DJ. As far as continually developing his character, that really hasn't happened. He was an interesting character, now he seems devoid of life. Kill 'em off.

11. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    DJ early on has a small description of Ganner that fills him out very well IMO

12. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

There was a rumor that Ganner and Danni were supposed to get a book to themselves.

13. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    Yep. the cover artwork was done for what was to be the first of a Michael Kube McDowell trilogy that got axed for reasons unknown.

14. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    3 words. black fleet crisis.

there's reason enough for you.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go with wedge. The only good to come out of it is Allston doing the deed. Ton Phanans' death is the most beautifully written in the eu.

15. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    "Yep. the cover artwork was done for what was to be the first of a Michael Kube McDowell trilogy that got axed for reasons unknown."

Wasn't Kube-McDowell, it was Michael Jan Friedman.

16. Anakin_1984

Anakin_1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2001
    Alright, here are my thoughts.

1)Luke Skywalker: He's now in his mid fourties if he's not killed in the next twenty years he'll start to outlive his usefullness. But I hope he'll live a bit longer.
    2)Mara Jade Skywalker: A few years younger than Luke and may have more kids in the future and with a baby, I dont think they should kill her off for at least another twenty years.
    3) Han Solo: He's nearing sixty, a little younger than the actor that played him. I think he could be around for a while.
    4) Leia Organa Solo: She needs to start serious training with her brother, with having such a long career as a politician she needs more varity.
    5) Ben Skywalker: I'm not sure what the people at DelRey are thinking but they killed off Chewie,one of the oldest star wars characters, now they kill off Anakin Solo,perhaps to make a point that teenagers aren't immortal, I sure hope they dont do that to Ben but if they do I believe the most likely conclusion can be is that they are bringing the Star Wars chronology to a close. Don't you all think its at least possible that that's what they're doing?

That's all the time I have for now. I may post more some other time.

17. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I will list characters that might die, the possibility(scale 1-5) and why they would be killed.

Kyp: (5) Unfortuantely, with his new turn and outlook on the Jedi, he is sure to perish, because there would be no other reason to get fans to like him. So just like Borsk, who b4 he dies is shown in a good light, Kyp will die in a blaze of glory, probably in defense of one of the Solo kids.

Corran: (3) He is very iffy, I mean the Vong still have him high on their list, but then again, he is just a secondary character lately. If he were to die, it would probably be in the last HC in the final battle.

Lando: (2) I highly doubt it. He isnt really been any factor at any time in NJO . Plus he is a movie character and if they were to kill another movie character off (which I doubt) I think it would be more of a shocker.

Wedge: (2) Again, he is a movie character, so chances are he will survive. However he is a major part of the next 2 books, so maybe he will bite the dust in one last starfighter battle.

Jacen: (1) With Anakin dead, he is most likely going to end up being the savior of the Jedi. I truly feel he is the one Luke spoke about earlier when he said it will be one of the new Jedi. I see him defeating Shimmra in HC#5 and thus leading the Jedi to victory.

Jaina: (1) She will not die, because if she does, Han probably will commit suicide. First Chewie, then Anakin. Jaina will survive even if she battles her brother.

Mara: (3) Now this is going to make me very sad, cause she is my favorite EU character, but if any major character gets killed I think it will be her. If she dies it will be in defense of Ben. But I beg the writers to think about it, if Ben has to grow up without one of his parents, let Luke die is a blaze of glory.

Luke: (1) No way! He has survived everything else, he will survive this. He hasnt really even taken up a fighting role in the NJO. If he were to die, the only way it would happen is in HC#5 during the final battle and saving everyone else. But even he said it wont be him saving the galaxy.

Han: (2) I could see it happening, since he said he will do anything to protect his family. But if Chewie's death caused such an angry response, what would happen if they killed off our favorite "scoundrel"?

Leia: (1) See Luke. She isnt going anywhere, once the NJO ends, she will help the new generation start a new gov't.

Those are just my opinions. I probably will be totally wrong, though in Mara and Kyp's place I sure hope I am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.