1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive NL's Drawing(Update:24th/Jan.:Storm)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NLSkywalker, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    "I'm really not so good at pen-painting"

Pens give me the "heebie-jeebies," NL! [face_laugh] I'm so used to pencils, which can be erased (a factor that's become ever-so-critical in my current WIP...), that working with pens and their permanence really makes me nervous! I commend you on the effort, though--this Padme looks just lovely! Once again, I see great things in costume design in your future: this dress is just lovely--I could see it in shimmering irridescent fabrics, all gathered and glowing...so pretty! And "Injured Dog" gave me a smile--poor dog, but what a wonderful and simple painting! Love the eyes! Very nice!

FF
  2. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Your work is lovely. You seem to have a real feel for cloth, you depict it so well in your drawings.

My favourites are your picture of Leia, the image armok01140063 (your drawing of the cloth-folds is excellent), and the gothic lady.
  3. anakin_luver Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    absolutely splendid.

on your first post of this thread, the second one of Padme's really caught my attention. it's very accurate and the emotion behind her eyes is captured beautifully.

amazing work so far. i'm really enjoying it.
  4. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Star_Angel
    Thnk you for your understandings.:) Actually, I find that English is easier for me than other Asian language.

FF
    [face_laugh] I do like the costume in SW! The clothes in the movie always give me lots of ideas!

soitscometothis
    Thanks! The armok01140063 is called Nautolan Lady.
    Actually, those cloth-folds always drive me mad when I was drawing![face_laugh] I'm very happy that you like them.

anakin-luver
    Thanks!That one is also my favorite, it really took me quite a long time to finish...:D
  5. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

This is Simone in Quills:
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/Simone.jpg]
  6. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  7. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa! That's just beautiful, NL!! I love this portrait--just looking at her smile makes me smile, too! She's just beautifully shaded--the contours of her face are so clearly defined--and I love the way you did her teeth (I can't do teeth for love or money...meaning they're very hard for me to draw, lol! ;) ). Just wonderful! =D= Was this done in charcoal, or in graphite? I love it!

FF
  8. JediNemesis Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, very nice! I love that picture - it's such a beautifully realistic smile, mouth, eyes and everything. Also the earring is a wonderful little detail.

Great work!

Nem
  9. semicooke Legacy Concept Artist

VIP
    star 1
    Love the first of the Padme pics in the original post NL. Something so 'ethereal' about it. Well done!
  10. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

SilSolo
    Thank you! I'm very happy that you drop in and like this picture!

FF
    Yeah, actually I also think that the teach and those lines around mouth are quit hard, I drew her just like a vampire at first![face_laugh] This is draw by charcoal. I am not so familiar with "graphite". Is this the material which pencils are made of?

JediNemesis
    [face_laugh] She look more realistic than in the film probably I use charcoal.

Madine
    Thank you, it is the concept art of Padme's funeral and I really like that scene!
  11. rhi-sparks Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My gosh, your drawings are astounding!
    :eek:
  12. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

rhi-sparks
    Thanks![face_love]

This is the handmaiden from ROTS(I really don't know ker name) and I found her in <Dressing a Galaxy>:
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/Handmaiden.jpg]

13. vampire-jing Jedi Knight

star 3
    GREAT work!

You really got talent.
  14. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, NL!! That's just amazing!! I just cannot get over how beautifully you can render drapery--that cloak looks real enough to touch! There's such a marvelous weight to the fabric, the way it falls over her form and pools on the floor at her feet, and the way the hood drapes over her shoulders...all just gorgeous... =D= Another amazing work! Just beautiful!!

FF
  15. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

vampire-jing
    I am so glad that you have time to drop in!

FF
    Oh, I'm flattered![face_blush] I really find that the charcoal is good to draw those cloth and folds.
  16. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow! You have some great drawings here NLSkywalker! That is some amazing work. I really like the one of Anakin; the one without the cloak. And the color drawing of Di Vinci's art is wonderful. That is definately my favorite.

I look forward to seeing more of your art!

AG88
  17. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

academygrad88
    [face_love] Happy to know that you like the picture! I AM REALLY SO SORRY :_| that your favoorite one is not my work ,but Da Vinci's.(Maybe I should make it more clear in the thread)

OK,I must apologize that it took me so long to post,the IELTS lessons just drive me crazy:
    here:Kate Beckinsale in <Underworld>
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/Kate.jpg]
  18. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Opps![face_blush] I thought you did your own rendering of the Master's. I was thinking, "Wow, that is almost exact!" :p Sorry. Hey, I love your real drawings, also.

I really like your Kate Beckinsale pic. You are really drawn to the eyes in that drawing. What is an IELTS lesson?

AG88
  19. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

academygrad88
    I like vampire stories & movies, and I think <Underworld> is quite a good one[face_love] !
    Well,IELTS means International English Testing System. I am going to take the test next year,that's why I have those lessons:D
  20. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    I like Underworld also. Both movies were pretty entertaining.

You seem to speak English perfectly. I am assuming then that it is not your native language? Or are you a native speaker who is taking the test to teach English? My brother-in-law just left for Japan where he will teach English. That should be an adventure for him.

Anyway, I love your last drawing. I look forward to seeing more.

AG88
  21. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

No, my mother tongue is Cantonese & Mandarin.
    Well, now I am drawing a concept art of Anakin, I guess it will come out in one or two days.:D
  22. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Beautiful rendering of Kate Beckinsale, NLSkywalker! Very nice shading--sort of captures the "dark" atmosphere of that film. And we'll be very much looking forward to the Anakin piece, too!

FF
  23. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

FF
    Thank you! Your comments really mean a lot to me![face_love]

Here comes the new post:
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/ConceptArtofAnakin.jpg]
  24. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Lovely concept of Anakin, NLS--I think you've made him more handsome than Hayden Christensen truly is, though! ;) Beautiful shading on this one--I love the crosshatching--and I actually prefer the nice straight locks here to the unruly mop of curls he sported in ROTS. The way it's lifting on the breeze is wonderful, too--it really gives a nice sense of movement to what would otherwise be a relatively static sort of portrait--that the robes are also in motion adds to this. Very nice! Is this your concept of an Anakin that didn't fall to the Dark Side? Perhaps a more mature and centered older Jedi--perhaps a Master here...? Just curious, as any of these would seem to fit the portrait. Another lovely work!

FF
  25. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hate to point it out, but the image has apparently been moved or deleted from Photobucket and I can't see it. Maybe you could try uploading it to your website or DevArt.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.