1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive NL's Drawing(Update:24th/Jan.:Storm)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NLSkywalker, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Courtney
    Thank you! The one with hood is my first time to use charcoal to draw a SW character:)

I've draw another concept art of Padme:
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/Padconcept.jpg]
  2. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    How pretty! Very stylized, but certainly symbolizing her Ep. III "tent-clothing," to disguise her pregnancy. Love the swirling cloak, and her rather pensive/sad expression (again, a lovely representation of Padme in ROTS). Very pretty indeed!

FF
  3. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

FF
    Thank you!I really adore Trisha's talent for her excellent design in EP3 so I decided to design some tent-clothing for Padme
  4. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Sorry it takes a long time to post for I just finished my midterm examination.
    The Gothic Pixie is inspired by the new lip color of Anna Sui, I really get a fancy with that product!
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/GothicPixie.jpg]
  5. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I like this very much, with the bright red lips in a monochrome face! A lovely accent, and very effective! I think my only suggestion would be to finish her hand a little more: the "floating finger" is a little distracting (maybe just for me...). I adore the hair: it looks so thick and shiny and substantial; and her eyes are perfect, sort of dreamy and far-away... Beautiful--and I hope your midterms went well!

FF
  6. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

FF
    Indeed,indeed,the finger seems a little strange......I am just thinking over how to fix it.[face_thinking] Thank you for your reply and caring!
  7. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

8. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, you gotta love Shakespeare (sp?)! You're a screenwriter? How awesome is that?! =D= I somehow find it interesting that the staff writer would also be drafted to fill an acting role--but I suppose that's what happens when it's a small company! Another of our community, Lippy, has also been working in plays, all over Europe this past fall (I hope we'll hear soon how all that went!)--talent runs deep in our little band here in Fan Art! :D

I hope you're having fun (and that doing both jobs isn't proving too difficult!)! The costumes looks wonderful, btw!

FF
  9. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

All over Europe?!That's cool!:D
    Thank you for your reply!And our play got the first place in the final!:)
  10. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Sorry it takes a long time to post...:_|
    I spent a few weeks to finish this, but his face still seems not so correctly[face_worried]
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/PortraitofDarthVader.jpg]
  11. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    It is a nice drawing, but I think you are right... something is not correct with the proportions. I think his head is too narrow. But that aside, you did a great job with the shading and I especially like the hair.

Nice job.

AG88
  12. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, that's beautiful, NL!! =D= I agree with AG88 that the face seems just a touch too narrow, but I think it's in the eye area only--the rest appears pretty well proportioned to me. The intense emotion is right there, so great capture of that--and I, too, love the way this is shaded and contoured--very very real, and a wonderful job with his clothing, too! It never ceases to inspire admiration in me for those who attempt Anakin's mass of curly hair--what a job! You've handled it all wonderfully, too--brava! A wonderful drawing--well done!

FF
  13. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

academygrad88
    Indeed,indeed[face_thinking] It's the first time that I use 4B for the darkest shading, I usually use 6B, it seems all right in this one,LOL[face_laugh]

FF
    Thank you! His hair is actually cost most of my time[face_laugh] ! I think that the outline is really an very important(also the most difficult part) in a drawing, I still need to spend more time to improve that.:)
  14. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

I am sososososo sorry for taking such a long time to post! I just finish the IELTS exam, it's really horrible! I will not know the resut until 30/dec! Then followed the Maths exam, phisics exam, chinese exam etc.I was going nuts!
    But I still give little, tiny time for SW artworks, I can totally forget everything when I draw them!
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/Qui-GonJinn.jpg]
  15. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek:
    Gah!!

Beautiful!! You are the master of drapery, NL--the robes leave me envious! Just gorgeous! The likeness here isn't exact--but really, for this, it doesn't need to be: I would know this is Qui-Gon from his hair and his bearing...it's unmistakable! Beautiful job--you've really captured the essense of our esteemed Jedi Master! =D= And I'm happy to hear the exams are over (I hate tests! [face_plain])!

FF
  16. Fenrisulven Jedi Knight

star 1
    :eek: Oh my... I agree with FalconFan, that robe looks absolutely gorgeous! Great work!

Eeek, exams... the horror! I suppose you can't say good luck after someone has done an exam, but still... good luck.
  17. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Hi there! I don't know how to describe my happiness when I can finally load this website!:_| The earthquake in Taiwan in DEC. just damage the undersea cable in south and east china sea.(I was scared to death when I knew that was an earth quake,at first I thought I was a little light-headed for the shake was not so severe)
    FF
    the master of drapery? I am flattered[face_blush] Thank you so much!
    Fenrisulven
    Thank you! I pass the exam...I couldn't believe I got the worst in oral English, I was always good at it!:_| But I was too nerves when the examining teacher ask me about architecture,oh force! I know nothing about architecture!!!!!!

Now I still have some problem to load photobucket, so I post my picture in another link. I am afraid it would be a little slower[face_worried]

Portrait of Obi-Wan
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/PortraitofObi-Wan.jpg]
    LUTS Anakin
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/AnakinSD.jpg]
    LUTS is a kind of doll, made in Korea, just like SD(super dolfie)in Japan.

It's my first time to use painter, so I just paint on a photo in order to know different kinds of brushes.
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/AnakinWetImpasto.jpg]
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/PadmesPortrait-1.jpg]
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/PainterObi.jpg]
  18. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    You were in that huge quake, NL!? How scary was that!?? I've been in very little ones here in the US (up in the Pacific Northwest, and again in Alaska), but never anything like that... I'm so glad you're okay!

I LOVE the Obi Wan portrait!! It's just beautiful--great likeness, gorgeous shading and wonderful light--all around awesome! The "LUTS Anakin" is another example of the amazing drapery you seem to have a gift for--so much texture and realism, even in a more stylized piece! And your "practice paintings" are wonderful, as well--I can see it isn't going to take you long to get a good grasp of Painter--the one of Padme is stunning (my favorite of the three!)! Great to hear you're all in one piece--and great to see an update! We'll definitely be looking forward to seeing some "freehand" paintings in your new program! ;)

FF
  19. FettFan79 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Those are nice with the paint program! You did a good job testing those out.

Glad to know you are okay
  20. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

FF
    Thanks again for your patience and clinging to my artwork, I am deeply moved by your long time support:_| [face_love]
    And thank you for your concern. In fact,my city is quite far from Taiwan, so nothing serious happened.

FettFan79
    Thanks, I think it would be harder to use the mouse to draw composition of a picture, but paiter does help me to analyze colors.;)
  21. Basement24 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wonderful Painter pieces, especially that Padmé one! (I wish I knew how to use Painter effectively...) Let's see more!
  22. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Basement24
    [face_blush] Well...I'm actually not so good at it as you guys said, I was just use a picture as a background then pick up colors......I'm ashamed!
  23. Vandalier Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ashamed of what? Learning how to use Painter and showing impressionible results? lol

I'll continue to echo FF's and B24's sentiment-- more (please)! ;)
  24. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Vandalier
    Well...I mean my pictures are not original.
    Thanks anyway.
  25. TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Master

star 3
    Very cool. I really like the one of padme. it's very angelic like. and the one of Anakin just gives me the cills. very well done.=D=
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.