main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM NMSU AGGIE Sports!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jaina Byrd, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Whether it be football, basketball, cheerleading, track and field, or PRIDE!, we love Aggie sports here in Southern NM (and I happen to know a few Mos Albans who do too ;) ). Let's talk!

-PRIDE Marching season begins with band camp next week. Two shows are for sure; a metal rock-related show (Dream Theater), and a funk show (Tower of Power)!

-NMSU football, now that it's part of the Western Athletic Conference (and subsequently playing against bigger names), will have three televised games this year. One of our opening games will be against #5 University of California. Scary. We'll keep our hopes high, but I personally am worried. We *do* have a new coach and a new athletics director, so I think things may be looking up for our football program.

-NMSU basketball--- not much that I know to report here at this point, although we have a new coach, who helped Louisville get to the Final Four last year as Assistant Coach. He's former NBA, and that doesn't hurt either. :D

2. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    GO LOBOS!!!!!

3. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    I had to keep the tradition going. Since the first post on our Lobo thread was "GO AGGIES" I had to put a GO LOBOS on your thread.

4. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome Matt!

Touche!

GO AGGIES!

Jaina - is there a link to they football/basketball schedule somewhere? I could probably find one, but I'm paticularly lazy today :)

5. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
  6. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    Hey, just to make it clear, I am in no way a supporter of the Aggies :p I am a 100% Miner fan. I was think that since the battle of I-10 is coming up, we should get together to see the game. what do you guys think.

7. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    GO AGGIES!

Wow, Pride is doing a Dream Theatre show??? Hmmmm....I am going to have to pass the word to all the ex-Pride members I know.

8. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Bah, now the Miners are in the mix. :p Red- Mandy, Brittani, and I are all in the NMSU band, and wouldn't be able to watch it with you, as we'll be down on the field. :)

9. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    GO AGGIES...matt, if you want to cheer for the lobos please make your own thread on the mos alba site =0)

10. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    [face_laugh] Okay Melkor, you stay on your thread and I'll stay on mine.[face_laugh]

11. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    Miners? who the hell are they...our marching band will kick the miners' band anyday...matt, you can stay if ya want...get some sports reality here vs the skewed views of the albuquerque media.

12. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    The Miner fans at Battle of I-10 last year gave the PRIDE a standing ovation- our show last year was kickass! :D :p

13. karenec1

May 16, 2005
  14. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    We have CDs of that music if you'd like a copy... somehow. ;)

You can check out music from previous shows at the PRIDE Website. :D

15. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Sweet! I was so excited so I told my husband, and then my husband told me to look on the Pride site. Deflated.

16. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Haha, your icon matches the "deflated" statement. ;)

17. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    I've never been to an Aggie football game[face_whistling] I'd go simply to cheer on the Pride. AGGIES!! AGGIES! (I'm an Aggie to[face_batting]. I've heard some of the Jesus Christ Superstar show on cd and it is awesome! GO NMSU PRIDE!! Whoo hoo!

18. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    so, being Aggie fans are you for or against the changing of Pistol Pete...

solrac

19. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I'm not an Aggie fan, I'm an Aggie!!! And as for Pistol Pete: I like him the way he is. Most of the student body is really against his proposed change. This is as stupid as trying to change the fight song. Taking a way his gun and making him friendlier? GRR! "Aggie" isn't a very intimidating-sounding name; we've got to keep what we've got. Not to mention, PISTOL Pet without a PISTOL!? Come on. I'm actually for his face getting a facelift though- that thing is very ugly. :p

20. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    As an Aggie, I oppose taking away Pistol Pete's pistol. That's just stupid, he's supposed to be rough and tough. Besides, we're all college kids we can handle it. Angie, Pete's face is like that cause he's supposed to look rough and tough, like an outlaw. I mean Aggie is better than Pioneers or bumblebees, can you imagine being a bumblebee?:rolleyes: . Yeah, I think all this "kinder gentler" political correctness stuff is going to far. *Steps off her soapbox*

21. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    every year or so it's something about changing the fight song or the mascot or some such nonsense. IT A TRADITION! Don't muck with it!

Besides Pete needs a gun to put those mangy wolves from up north out of their misery :)

22. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    No, I mean, Pistol Pete needs a facelift in that whatever that paper mache stuff is or whatever it is that his face consists of- it's falling apart!

And Wook, yeah, we've got a few mangy wolves and a few deranged miners to deal with. ;)

23. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    So I saw the new Pete logo... *sigh*

I'm trying to "get it", but it just looks like any other generic clip art logo. C'mon! I want Pete bowlegged and gun-totin'!

*jumps off soapbox*

24. DarthJen91

DarthJen91 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2005
    As an Aggie Alum, I just wanted to add my support!
    Go Aggies!!:)

25. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I haven't seen the new logo. *sigh* I was hoping they wouldn't change it. I thought they were just going to update the actual costume. Oh well.